Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

pankaj818283

Broken In
guys i have 6870 twiin forpzr with 650W coler maste now i need performance , and no compromise on performance,

also important thing the case of temprature, i need stable overclocking with good temp. handling capability of procc,

intel is little behind on overclocking i guess, than amd vs intel which will be d right

Piyush

Lanaya
so do you want a processor for gaming right?
and you'll have to buy a motherboard too
it would be good if you create your own thread

samaresh7

Broken In
Can any one suggest me how to deal with shopkeepers of kolkata chandi market because the quote very high price to unknown peoples!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ take a look at here ;-)

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/98253-hardware-price-check-kolkata.html

The base clock is still locked, but multiplier oc'ing is achievable, thats what I meant to say, but it doesn't matter I guess.

got it buddy .

guys i have 6870 twiin forpzr with 650W coler maste now i need performance , and no compromise on performance,

also important thing the case of temprature, i need stable overclocking with good temp. handling capability of procc,

intel is little behind on overclocking i guess, than amd vs intel which will be d right

you are wrong - actually intel cpus FTW! ( read SBs ) when it comes to OCing and a core i7 2600K can be oced more tha 5Ghz.

For you the best comb would be Intel Core i7 2600K + Asus ASUS P8P67 PRO

This combo will cost you around 25-26K

constantine

its quiet...too quiet....
Wow! its been ages since i logged on to this forum ! great to see Topgear and tkin havent stopped ! where's Nvidiageek? You guys have thought me a lot over the years ! And finally i come close to a purchase . next month or so . So i ask you guys i5 760 and MSI p55 GD45 , Cosair XMS3 3x2gb, and a second hand EVGA GTX 260 sp216 2gb , CM extreme power supply 700w or CM GX 650 (confused ? ) and benq 24" 2420HD , Tempest EVO (available in bangalore ?) . This is what i configured - budget around 50 k i'm guessing . What say ? any changes you recommend ?
Please help ! BTW - i5 2500k ,havent researched sandy bridge so give me the low down? and i5 2500k with gtx 260 better than i5 760 with gtx 260 ?

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
constantine, ya Sandy Bridge is way better than any previous generation processors..from AMD or Intel. 2500K will offer much better performance than a Core i5 760. SO go for it. Get a 2500K @ 11.6K and an Intel or ASUS P67 based mobo @ 8 to 9K. Sandy Vridge processors are hell of a overclocker too. You can get past 4 GHz with just the stock cooler.
And regarding your power supply query...don't get CM Extreme series PSUs at all, no matter what their rating is..700W or 1000W. Also try to avoid CX series if you are not in budget constarint.
Get a Corsiar VX 550, more than enough.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
core i5 2500K is better than 7xx series anyday just make sure to get a good P67 mobo with B3 stepping - like asus P8P67 pro @ 9.5K

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Guys, how is Microtek UPS? At Patna I am getting a 800VA for 2550/- whereas APC 650VA will cost me 3700/- and 800VA is around 5500/-.

constantine

core i5 2500K is better than 7xx series anyday just make sure to get a good P67 mobo with B3 stepping - like asus P8P67 pro @ 9.5K

constantine, ya Sandy Bridge is way better than any previous generation processors..from AMD or Intel. 2500K will offer much better performance than a Core i5 760. SO go for it. Get a 2500K @ 11.6K and an Intel or ASUS P67 based mobo @ 8 to 9K. Sandy Vridge processors are hell of a overclocker too. You can get past 4 GHz with just the stock cooler.
And regarding your power supply query...don't get CM Extreme series PSUs at all, no matter what their rating is..700W or 1000W. Also try to avoid CX series if you are not in budget constarint.
Get a Corsiar VX 550, more than enough.

Thanks guys !
now Clius , 550w is enough for the whole rig with a gtx 260 ? are you sure ? and any reason to avoid the CM GX series ? i hear they are good .

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ 450W is enough. GX series is not good at all. build quality problem. better be safe with a Seasonic PSU (or Corsair).

Piyush's GX developed problem & also JonnyGuru rated it really low.

constantine

Woah ! and here i was thinking CM GX would be a worthy buy ! Thanks god i came back to this forum ! :)

Sam , could you give me the prices of seasonic or corsair ? and 450w ? are you serious ? Mann ! my friend has a 260 and he has a Zebronics 700w platinum . so i assumed .... but 450 w ? Phew ! :) I'll go for 550w just to be sure though. :)

Topgear , what about Asus P8H67-V ? does it have B3 stepping ? and any other mobos you recommend ?

What about Tagan PSU's ? any good ? cause 600w costs only 4.2k or so .

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Seasonic S12II 520w Bronze @ 4250

Seasonic S12II 620w Bronze @ 5550

Sam , could you give me the prices of seasonic or corsair ? and 450w ? are you serious ? Mann ! my friend has a 260 and he has a Zebronics 700w platinum . so i assumed .... but 450 w ? Phew ! :) I'll go for 550w just to be sure though. :)
Corsair VX450 is better than Zebronics 700w Platinum. ;)

Topgear , what about Asus P8H67-V ? does it have B3 stepping ? and any other mobos you recommend ?
Refer this: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/cpu-mothe...entify-asus-new-b3-revision-motherboards.html

What about Tagan PSU's ? any good ? cause 600w costs only 4.2k or so .
Tagan is very good and reliable. :) But I'll prefer a Seasonic or Corsair PSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom