Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gollum

Collector
redlofredlof, AMD does have SSE 3, and it has some instruction set support of SSE4 which is called SSE 4A, although it cannot be called true SSE4.

Now for high level programming, let me tell you, you don't need to even think about what instruction set is supported by your processor. It is pretty low level thing and your compiler/Assembler will take care of it.

Every bit of programming will run on this processor without a hitch. For better understanding of it, do a little bit of goggling.

I never mentioned sse3
Its a common misconception between sse3 and ssse3. Notice the extra e in the latter.
Amd does not have ssse3.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
@cilus..excellent one but the mobo is Biostar TA785G3 not the A in between..but i suppose getting a bio* 785g mobo might be difficult so alternate option is MSI 785G E51 @ around 3.6k

Cilus

laborare est orare
redlofredlof, thanks for pointing out the difference.
However sssE3 is not a different instruction set and is a part of SSE4 instruction set and this instruction set is not included in AMD K10 micro-architecture. But AMD also does have SSE5 instruction set which can be considered as an competitor of Intel's SSE4, not a successor.

However,, for programming, these are gonna hardly matter unless you are doing very high degree of CPU optimization programming like Compressing software like WinZip or WinRar or gaming.

Yamla

Right off the assembly line
Mobo: Biostar TA785G A3 @ 3.7k
CPU: Athlon II X4 630 2.8GHz @ 4.4k
Ram: Dynet 2 GB DDR3 @ 1.6k (deltapage.com)
HDD: Seagate 500 GB SATA @ 1.6k
Cabinet: Intex/TechCom Cabinet with 450W SMPS @ 1k
Optical Drive: LG 22X SATA DVD Writer @ 0.9k
Mouse & Keyboard: @ 0.5k

Total 13.7k

WOW !

I am thankful to you "Cilus" and "Jaskanwar Singh" : ). Believe me.... I am very delighted and thank you from the bottom of my heart .. giving me the blueprint of my computer.. As a noob it is very-very confusing and near to impossible to get the things right. ...

So the finals are :

Mobo: Biostar TA785G A3 @ 3.7k or bio* 785g

If not available then - MSI 785G E51

You have already given me a thumbs up by giving your expert comments. I request you to just give me "Green signal" one more time and I am going to nehru Place right off ... and get it assembled there..

(edited later : I hope the Fans of the Cabinet are silent enough to work.. you know when fans make excessive noise.... it doesn't sound good.. I am going with the suggested one.. however; in case you have any other CABINET sugestion(calmer than this one) please suggest.. costlier will work.. i can pay more now for less noise forever)

Thanks for making life easier and enjoying the work you guys do by sharing your tehie knowledge : )

Yamla

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ a little better is Zebronics Bijli (2*80mm, 1*120mm LED). or if you want quite operation but willing sell out little more, @ 1.5k you'll get Cooler Master Elite 310. comes with just 1 fan though.

Yamla

^^ a little better is Zebronics Bijli (2*80mm, 1*120mm LED). or if you want quite operation but willing sell out little more, @ 1.5k you'll get Cooler Master Elite 310. comes with just 1 fan though.

Thanks Sam.

As I can see the configuration of other people as well.... i guess Cooker master elite 310 gives enough cooling to the system.... is having a One Fan a constraint. Shall I avoid this...

A recommended cabinet is one in which the air is sucked from down and has a vent at the top. Also.. some do give a side fan as well (can be optional).. anyways. .. if cooler master is fine.. I will go with it. .

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Thanks Sam.

As I can see the configuration of other people as well.... i guess Cooker master elite 310 gives enough cooling to the system.... is having a One Fan a constraint. Shall I avoid this...

A recommended cabinet is one in which the air is sucked from down and has a vent at the top. Also.. some do give a side fan as well (can be optional).. anyways. .. if cooler master is fine.. I will go with it. .

Elite 310 is not a bad cabinet at all. it has provision for adding another 2-3 fans. but as you mentioned about vent at top, lots of fan. all these will add to total cost. so even a local Zebronics cabby will cost over 2k if you want all these features. so i'll say get Elite 310. add 2 more fans over time when you need extra cooling.

monkey

Padawan
I would suggest Elite 335 over 331. Reason: Elite 331's front intake fan is hard to install (especially120mm) as front panel switchs' wiring comes in the way. I had to struggle adding the front fan. Elite 335 is much better (even looks better with rounded corners) and it costs same as Elite 331.

Piyush

Lanaya
elite 335 is a nice one
and so is 310

adv of 335->front intake 120mm
dis-adv ->80mm side fan

adv of 310->120mm side fan
dis-adv->no front fan space

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
Hi friends, HAPPY DIWALI to all of u!! :D :D

Well, i've been saving..and i've put aside 25k from my stipends!!!! :hyper: Yipppeeee!!!:hyper: Upgrade ahoy...:hyper:

Now,the innards of my pc need a change IMO....

Wat can i best do with it? I'll be needing a CPU/Mobo/at least 4gigs of ram in that budget...

had the core i7 860/870 or i5 760 in mind....or shud I wait for sandybridge? :chinscratch:

So,lets have some configs,shall we? AMD rigs are also okay....

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
Intel Core i5 760 @ 10000
MSI P55 GD65 @ 8000
Gskill Ripjaws 1333Mhz 4 GB DDR3 @ 4200
Total 22.2

i7 860 is 14000 will cost more than 26K.
Sandybridge comes in Q2 2011.

AMD
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 10000
MSI 890FXA-GD70 @ 10000
Gskill Ripjaws 1333Mhz 4 GB DDR3 @ 4200

Currently i5 760 will be better than 1055T for gaming. 1055T will rip i5 in CPU intensive tasks.
After some time, when games start taking the advantage of 6 core, 1055T will perform better.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
waiting for sandy bridge would be more wiser and by then core i5 and i7 prices will reduce too but only down side is it would be a long wait.

snoopdogg13205

Hey Guys, i am planning on buying a system with a decent configuration, not a big gaming freak but yes i would play NFS, Fifa, COD. Please help me out here, my budget is 25,000. .

ssb1551

Technomancer
Athlon II X3 435 - 3.5k
Gigabyte GA-MA74GMT-S2 - 2.7k
2GB DDR3 RAM Kingston - 1.7k
CM Elite 310 - 1.5k
CX400W - 2.7k
keyboard n mouse - .6k
Benq G922HD 18.5" - 5.5k
500GB HDD - 1.9k
DVD writer .9k
Sapphire HD5670 512MB - 5k
--------------------------
Total 26k

If u can't exceed 25k then u can go for FSP Saga II 500W for 2.2k n Zebronics Bijli for arnd 1k.Tht way u'll save up 1k n total cost will come upto 25k.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Another PSU he can consider buying is Gigabyte Superb 460W @ 2.1k.

BTW, that mobo supports ACC I guess and so he has chances to unlock that CPU.

Yamla

Mobo: Biostar TA785G A3 @ 3.7k

:lol:
Total 13.7k

Thank you Cilust.. Jaks.. Sam.. .. THanks once again. This is what I got (yeh.. it was a deadline driven purchase so i had to buy it on that very day.. )
Anyways.. if it could have been better .. please dont hesitate to quote as i will be buying one more in the coming month.

AMD Athlon ii x 4 635 2.9 GHz. (Quad Core) 2.0 mb Cache..Rs. 3650

MOBO MSI 785GM P 45 4750.00

(MOBO + Processor = Rs. 8250.00)

Ram .. .Kingston 2 *(2GB ) 1333 DDR3 ---- Rs. 3100 (you can get these in Rs. 1500 each )

Seagate 500 GB ---- Rs. 1600.00

LG dvd Writer -- Rs. 850.00

Cabinet with SMPS -- Zebronics Bijli (three fans (two side ones), 485 W SMPS ------------- Rs. 1750.00

Key Board + Mouse combo.. - Local (multimedia) 300.00

In total above combination cost me Rs. 15900.00 ... ( I intentionally paid Rs 100.00 bucks extra in RAM : P ) (add the above things.. i don't have tbe bill right now.. however as i remember the prices.. with me ).

Thanks onece again.. now i'm hunting for the LCD (TFT)monitor. ..

very expensive man..
Rs. 6000.00 to shell out on a monitor is not what i think will create value..

anyways let see.

You guys are awesome .. Thanks once again : )

ssb1551

Technomancer
Seriously!!n even :
"Ram .. .Kingston 2 *(2GB ) 1333 DDR3 ---- Rs. 3100 (you can get these in Rs. 1500 each )" where do u get the RAM at these prices?dun think any online shop quotes such a price!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom