Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ viper_in_blood - if you can't find that 880GM mobo at 4.5k then get Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-US2H @ 4.5k along with tri core cpu jas has recommended.

viper_in_blood

Broken In
@ viper_in_blood - if you can't find that 880GM mobo at 4.5k then get Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-US2H @ 4.5k along with tri core cpu jas has recommended.

thanks a lot bro ...u guys rock with so fast response i guess this is the best help i can get .......

man u rock ...

aarnav03

Right off the assembly line
see I have changed my cofigrations a bit.They are as follows:

Processor-Intel core i3 550(3.2GHz)(around 6k)
Motherboard-Intel(chose by my uncle)
RAM-4 GB transcend ddr3 RAM(4-5k)
Graphic Card-Nvidia geforce 9800 GX2(4-5k)
HDD-500 GB WD(7200)(2k)

NOTE:I am a diehard fan of Just Cause 2 and would like to take a pc in which it would work.Please tell me if the configrations support the game.:???::???::???:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@aarnav, buddy why running after old or crap parts. Nvidia 9 series is way old now. go for something from Radeon 5-6series or Nvidia 4series. and why Intel board chose by uncle, research & get a good board. not Intel boards.

@ssb, 9800GX2 = dual GPU card having 2*9800GT or maybe GTX GPUs in it. but eats more power than most of the member's complete rigs :p not to say it runs hotter than Electric stove.

tkin

Back to school!!
hey is there any difference between 9800 GX2 and 9800GTX?
Just Look HERE for the Complete GPU chart ever:
Charts, benchmarks 2010 Gaming Graphics Charts (High Quality), Percent normalized

9800GX2 is faster than a GTX460 1GB, that's true folks, this shows nVidia's potential in last gen, G92 was THE BEST GPU architecture ever.

If you want just 9800GTX and 9800GX2 and nothing else:
Compare Nvidia Geforce 9800 GX2, Nvidia Geforce 9800 GTX
9800GX2 is 76% faster than 9800GTX, period.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ and it's comes with a high price tag as well.

BTW, any idea about the current price of 9800GX2 - I think it's better to get a GTX 295 instead which has 2x GTX 275 :p

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
I don't think 9800GX2 or 9800GTX are still available in market.
But,if u find any how that will be expensive compare to newer cards of same power.

Gollum

Collector
see I have changed my cofigrations a bit.They are as follows:

Processor-Intel core i3 550(3.2GHz)(around 6k)
Motherboard-Intel(chose by my uncle)
RAM-4 GB transcend ddr3 RAM(4-5k)
Graphic Card-Nvidia geforce 9800 GX2(4-5k)
HDD-500 GB WD(7200)(2k)

NOTE:I am a diehard fan of Just Cause 2 and would like to take a pc in which it would work.Please tell me if the configrations support the game.:???::???::???:
since you are a fan you will get power from 9800gt :p
Just cause2 is a native 3d game. 3d!!! And with nvidia you get to play this game in 3d!
Contents do not include 3d anagraph goggles and windows7, which you will need to play the game in 3d!

Yamla

Hi ...
You techie guys' help needed to get a PC assembled in Delhi.. as I'm a nubie

Use : Will be used for programming in the future and basic/home use for now.
Budget : Not much, Rs. 13000 - Rs. 15000 + UPS & LCD screen extra.

Please suggest the best configuration that I can get in this budget and some tips so get it assembled in Nehru Place without getting cheated... .

I did read previous posts.....and awesome suggestions...... but due to advancement, its my perception that they may not serve my purpose.. also recent posts are about the most advanced (and proportionally expensive systems)..

thanks in advance.
Yumla :)

Yamla

No no.. it does not include the UPS and LCD..those are separate.. the budget is just for CPU.
: )

Yamla

A noob messing with the techies... :D

My mistake.. sorry for any miscommunication..

Well......what i meant was that the budget is for the whole computer system (excluding monitor and ups)...

Sorry for mentioning just CPU (as it sounds just like "Processor Only", yeh.. it does mean processor only :p ) But I meant that whole Cabinet tower with everything required to run a computer in it..

:p

Little steps towards ....
Thanks again

Gollum

Collector
For programming go for intel i3. It has all the old and new instruction sets and is cheap. You will find a wide range of motherboards for this cpu. Check the bazar forum for prices.

Yamla

For programming go for intel i3. It has all the old and new instruction sets and is cheap. You will find a wide range of motherboards for this cpu. Check the bazar forum for prices.

Cool.. thanks for suggestion..
can you give me the configuration as well.. It will be great help..

my previous post (edited)
Hi ...
You techie guys' help needed to get a PC assembled in Delhi.. as I'm a nubie

Use : Will be used for programming in the future and basic/home use for now.
Budget : Not much, Rs. 13000 - Rs. 15000
(the budget does not include UPS and LCD monitor, which i will buy separately)

Please suggest the best configuration that I can get in this budget and some tips so get it assembled in Nehru Place without getting cheated... .

I did read previous posts.....and awesome suggestions...... but due to advancement, its my perception that they may not serve my purpose.. also recent posts are about the most advanced (and proportionally expensive systems)..

thanks in advance.
Yumla

Cilus

laborare est orare
Mobo: Biostar TA785G A3 @ 3.7k
CPU: Athlon II X4 630 2.8GHz @ 4.4k
Ram: Dynet 2 GB DDR3 @ 1.6k (deltapage.com)
HDD: Seagate 500 GB SATA @ 1.6k
Cabinet: Intex/TechCom Cabinet with 450W SMPS @ 1k
Optical Drive: LG 22X SATA DVD Writer @ 0.9k
Mouse & Keyboard: @ 0.5k

Total 13.7k

Gollum

Collector
Yea but the op needs it for programming. Amd does not have Ssse3, sse4, sse4.1

Cilus

laborare est orare
redlofredlof, AMD does have SSE 3, and it has some instruction set support of SSE4 which is called SSE 4A, although it cannot be called true SSE4.

Now for high level programming, let me tell you, you don't need to even think about what instruction set is supported by your processor. It is pretty low level thing and your compiler/Assembler will take care of it.

Every bit of programming will run on this processor without a hitch. For better understanding of it, do a little bit of goggling.

Status
Not open for further replies.