Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
I am buidling a gaming PC to play Crysis & Bioshock at 1600x1200 with full effects turned on. Processor (E8400) & other parts I have already finalised.

Please suggest me a good motherboard & graphics card combination. I mean a set of specific models that are compatible with each other and are easily available in Mumbai.

The mobo should have sli/crossfire capacity and the card should be sli/crossfire ready. NVdia or ATI. Both should support PCIe2.0 in full 16X mode. And should let me play Crysis at 1600x1200 with full glory. I will buy single card for now and may be later add another in sli/cf when newer games demand it.

Also give me price indication.

Please help!

Rajat

wats ur budget ??

assuming it mid-range, i suggest u get Abit IP35e + ATi HD4850 :)

i am looking for good headphones, are any true 5.1 headphones available in market ? i want them for movies,music and games off course. and i don't want to go for 5.1 speaker setups...just way too clumsy and full of wires and moreover i don't have a proper space to keep them oriented for good acoustics.

if not 5.1 then which which other headphones are good ? right now i have narrowed down to this headphone

MDR-XD200

*www.sony.co.in/product/mdr-xd200/sku/mdr-xd200__ce?site=hp_en_IN_i

i don't know the price and availability of sennheiser headphones ...and also i don't know which is good one...i don't want to spend more than 2.5k on them. please if someone know it ...help me

i hv the same set of headphones, i got them after breaking my precious Creative Fatal1ty Headset :( anywyz on the topic- the headset is kool and will suffice for daily usage.

As for Sennheiser, get the HD-201 for 1k easily on the streets :)

Last edited:

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
I think buying another 8600GT for 3.5K and then some good cooler for 2.5K, then putting the 8600GT in SLI and overclocking your current CPU with the help of the cooler should easily make your system top notch. Why exactly are you upgrading ?

actually my bro needs a pc at hostel....and i had alredy decided to upgrade my g.card.... see here ( *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5193&page=190 )....therefore i thought that i will be going in for an overhaul....

so 8k(10k max) for proccy and mobo....
ne suggestions?
both intel & amd config are requested.....and for intel,plz mention 45nm mobo support(for i m thinking abt e7200)

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
E7200 + Abit IP35e ........best bet for u my friend

im not into AMD, ask MetalHeadGautham abt it :) i stay away fmr it as much as possible :)

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...

im not into AMD, ask MetalHeadGautham abt it :) i stay away fmr it as much as possible :)

very well....i was thinking along similar lines.....but does the Abit IP35e support Wolfdale and Yorkfield,ie 45nm cpus out of the box? doent it require a bios update for dat?

actually my bro needs a pc at hostel....and i had alredy decided to upgrade my g.card.... see here ( *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5193&page=190 )....therefore i thought that i will be going in for an overhaul....

so 8k(10k max) for proccy and mobo....
ne suggestions?
both intel & amd config are requested.....and for intel,plz mention 45nm mobo support(for i m thinking abt e7200)
Zotac GF8200 mobo [decent onboard gfx] - 3.4k
MSI or Gigabyte 780G mobo [awssome onboard gfx] - 4.4K
get the former if you already have an <nvidia> card. else get the later.

Athlon X2 4600+ 2.4GHz - Rs. 2725
Phenom X3 8450 2.1GHz - Rs. 5000
former *still* rocks and plays crysis. later pwns former, as well as intel E7200.

intel see below. but I recommend amd since its more future proof and cheaper.
amd had recent price cut for some CPUs, hence this low price.

purrfect :p
but it will cost 5.5K + 5.5K = 11K. :(
so better go for Gigabyte G31 or P31 based mobo for 3K. :)

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^^well suggested :)

Gigabyte G31 will be a good buy.....

afterall u can also lose sanity and buy ASUS Striker eXtreme anytime too :D

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
i want an intel mobo which will support 45nm out of the box,without bios update.....is there any such mobo?

i want an intel mobo which will support 45nm out of the box,without bios update.....is there any such mobo?
yeah. Any P31, G31, Q33, G33, P35, Q35 or G35 motherboard :lol:
Enough choice for you ? :D

very well....i was thinking along similar lines.....but does the Abit IP35e support Wolfdale and Yorkfield,ie 45nm cpus out of the box? doent it require a bios update for dat?
no update needed
^^yup, it requires BIOS update :)
go to *www.intel.com/products/desktop/chipsets/p35/p35-overview.htm

Last edited:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
k sorry, i heard somewhere that it needs a BIOS update ......wait it was for the FSB and not the NM ... sorry sorry sorry :)

imgame2

Padawan
i hv the same set of headphones, i got them after breaking my precious Creative Fatal1ty Headset :( anywyz on the topic- the headset is kool and will suffice for daily usage.

As for Sennheiser, get the HD-201 for 1k easily on the streets :)

thanks for replying !
i wanted to know hows the bass response from MDR-XD200 ?

is sennheiser HD201 better than MDR-XD200 ?

any other good model from sennheiser in my price range ?

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
yup, Sennheiser is better .... i got it bcoz Sennheiser isnt available here .. the bass is quite good, nuthing to boast about but the noise cancellation is quite good, i cnt hear anything frm the sorrounding when im chilling out wid mah iPod Nano and Sony MDR-XD200 .... i dunno abt ur price range much .... Creative Fatal1ty Headset is retailing in Mumbai (i think so) for around 2-2.5k :) its a good headset :)

imgame2

Padawan
yup, Sennheiser is better .... i got it bcoz Sennheiser isnt available here .. the bass is quite good, nuthing to boast about but the noise cancellation is quite good, i cnt hear anything frm the sorrounding when im chilling out wid mah iPod Nano and Sony MDR-XD200 .... i dunno abt ur price range much .... Creative Fatal1ty Headset is retailing in Mumbai (i think so) for around 2-2.5k :) its a good headset :)

thanks again for replying to me,so far i have no luck finding fatal1ty headset in my place ..so i guess i will go for MDR-XD200 ..i will try for sennheiser if i get them i might go for them ...but for now more or less i will go for MDR-XD 200 ....and i hope i will be quite satisfied with them as u are .

thanks once again for all the help!

janitha

Wise Old Owl
8mb buffer or 16mb buffer or 32mb buffer ? :confused:
even if its 8mb, its awssome for just storing music, movies and downloads. :D

I still have 80GB HDD
:(

16MB, dual platter, PMR.

One of the best and most sought after discs nowadays. Combine it with a price of just 3.6K and the WD door to door RMA. Definitely not just for storage.

16MB, dual platter, PMR.

One of the best and most sought after discs nowadays. Combine it with a price of just 3.6K and the WD door to door RMA. Definitely not just for storage.
16MB not enough. 32MB needed for heavy duty work I do.
But I can always get it for just storage purposes, since it still is a great performer.

As I have an old P4 rig, I am usually afraid of upgrades since all that money will go in vain once I upgrade my rig, but since I have SATA ports, I don't mind upgrading HDD :D

i only have 1TB of space :( and that to filled up :(
Get this one then. Its surely VFM for you.

Last edited:

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
16MB not enough. 32MB needed for heavy duty work I do.
But I can always get it for just storage purposes, since it still is a great performer.

If one has enough amount of RAM, then Buffer won't matter much; you can always reserve some amount of RAM act as a Buffer. I just bought 512MB DDR1 RAM today which gives me a total of 768 MB. Am gonna use 30 MB as buffer(My old IDE has just 2 MB :( ), my rig is similar to yours otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom