Basic guide for the right power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
He hasn't made his decision yet, but I think that he'll go for something less than 10k.. Corsair HX 1000 is expensive.. I'll keep you guys updated.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^Currently it is only available in smc with the lower price and probably local warranty might be an issue. That's why people is just ignoring it. Another point is that it comes with only 2 Yrs of warranty whereas the Corsair units, although inferior in performance as well as in build quality, comes with 5 yrs of warranty with good after sell service in almost every big cities.

ok .. got it ;-)

monsursound

Broken In
Awesome guide....I wondered for many days whats the difference between El cheapos and something like .....cooler master???Got it!!!

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Something related to CM Xtreme series:-

HARDOCP - The PSU Label Debate

The image should say it all:-

*www.hardocp.com/images/news/1310483400GgwdvulASm_1_2_l.jpg

Sad to see they were uninformed about power supply label and sadder still that they were trying to teach their users with this. To add further insult to injury, the Cooler Master Xtreme Power Plus 500 model they used in the video as an example happens to be a typical over-labeling PSUs with clear tell-tale signs:

To obtain safety certificates, the specification table and associate rating numbers on the power supply label must be accurate. The manufacturers are free to name the power supply any way they like however, so in this case, Cooler Master placed "500" next to the model name to suggest it as a 500W PSU (and sold as a 500W) as opposed to it being a 450W.

It’s a tough business competing in lower wattage range (500W & below) as every dollar counts so there are other types of over-labeling practices too. This is pretty bad for honest manufacturers that do not over-label on wattage and still have to compete on price. And to see Cooler Master trying to educate people with the wrong information, I just couldn’t stand it anymore.

Read CoolerMaster's response here:
*www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?high=&m=1116120&mpage=1#1117755

Last edited:

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
So.. my friend bought an Antec Quattro 1200 W PSU.. & I got his Corsair TX 650 for Rs. 3000..

*img807.imageshack.us/img807/8435/dsc00201h.th.jpg

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
So.. my friend bought an Antec Quattro 1200 W PSU.. & I got his Corsair TX 650 for Rs. 3000..

*img807.imageshack.us/img807/8435/dsc00201h.th.jpg

^^ congrats.

Antec PSU's are a little hard to come buy so it would be great if you can tell us how much your friend paid for the Antec Quattro 1200 W and where from he got that ;-)

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
Today i upgraded my pc here are the specs..
Mobo- H61bww chipset(intel)
Processor- i5 2310 2.9 ghz, 6m cache
RAM- Corsair 1333 mhz ddr3 4 gb
GFX- MSI HD6770(still to buy)
PSU- Bought Intex local for now but will change when i buy the GPU.

I wanted to know if FSP saga II 500w will be enough to handle this configuration. If it is enough then please suggest an online store to buy from coz i am from allahabad and only choice i have here is coolermaster and even that is fairly overpriced. I am getting the best deal on SMC international for my GPU but FSP saga II is not available there so i will have to buy my PSU from smewhere else. My budget for PSU is 2.5-3k and for gfx its arnd 7k.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
He paid Rs. 10k for it & he got it from Nehru Place..

thanks a lot for the info ;-)

Today i upgraded my pc here are the specs..
Mobo- H61bww chipset(intel)
Processor- i5 2310 2.9 ghz, 6m cache
RAM- Corsair 1333 mhz ddr3 4 gb
GFX- MSI HD6770(still to buy)
PSU- Bought Intex local for now but will change when i buy the GPU.

I wanted to know if FSP saga II 500w will be enough to handle this configuration. If it is enough then please suggest an online store to buy from coz i am from allahabad and only choice i have here is coolermaster and even that is fairly overpriced. I am getting the best deal on SMC international for my GPU but FSP saga II is not available there so i will have to buy my PSU from smewhere else. My budget for PSU is 2.5-3k and for gfx its arnd 7k.

FSP Saga II 500W is enough to handle the config you have along with a HD6770 and you can get it from here ;-)
TheITWares - One Stop for all Gizmos!FSP Saga II 500W Power Supply - TheITWares

sunny4691

Fell Off the Asembly Line
Guys how is the Cooler master UCP series especially the 900w and 700w ones, the reviews looks good,as am in the lookout for a used psu, i am getting offers of UCP, so guys let me know.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Guys how is the Cooler master UCP series especially the 900w and 700w ones, the reviews looks good,as am in the lookout for a used psu, i am getting offers of UCP, so guys let me know.

Well, I think its better to go with- Corsair TX850 V2 @Rs.6800 which is more than enough for most systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom