Apple aims for Rs 1,000 Crore From iPhone 5S Sales in India This Quarter

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
India is a country of El-Cheapos
Apple's "Premium" iBullsh!t simply wont work here
1000 cr? Good luck with that

True that. Coz right now anyone would rather buy a top android device for 40k than a iPhone 5c. Ridiculously overpriced that **** is.
Also android has slowly crept upto ios in terms of smoothness and app ecosystem and it will only get better. Also ART is gonna improve d speed and smoothness as well. So let's see what does Apple do to combat android in the developing countries.

They don't care.They have enough "International" white sheeple filling their coffers

I also have a simple analogy
PC = Android
Console = iPhone

Last edited:

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
nope.jpg
ios usage statistics outstrips android usage stats, despite the disproportionate android market share. (safari most used mobile browser)
ios content is cheaper than android content. in fact, ios has more premium apps drop to free. also ad-free.
so pc=android console=iphone does not hold up

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
nope.jpg
ios usage statistics outstrips android usage stats, despite the disproportionate android market share. (safari most used mobile browser)
ios content is cheaper than android content. in fact, ios has more premium apps drop to free. also ad-free.
so pc=android console=iphone does not hold up

In India? :chinscratch:

bubusam13

Human
if you really have some fundamental problem of comprehending the fabric of economy running in India, then consult with other senior forum members to help you. "avoiding something if you can" means you have to option to avoid, so whats new? everyone everyday has options, everyone knows iphone costs too much, there lies Zero practicality of saying that buying 1000 crores worth of iphones will make india poor as hell and otherwise it would have become Paris, pay more attention to how money flows in and out of india in non-legal fundings, scams and whatnot. and spare me the stupid and fake patriotic annotations such as think about you're country bullcrap. as if you have liberated India from British a second time.

Even if corrupt, pay taxes bringing dev to india? i mean how incredibly stupid it is that you've figured that sucking people's hard earned money in notorious, condemned ways is still a better way of leading india to prosper? Whole India is moving against corruption mate, wake up.

People in dream world are asking me to wake up. You must be watching aaj tak, sahara news etc regularly. If you think none of our Tax money is utilized, then our economy would have been similar to Bhutan or Myanmar. And you won't have been talking about iPhone so much. You would have been probably thinking of affording a Nokia 1100. You better stay in Jakarta. No need no write so much. Don't make yourself sound like a empty vessel.

I also have a simple analogy
PC = Android
Console = iPhone

Me too think so. Ha ha. And wait TINZEN is too coming into the scene. Where will you put it then ?

But after dumping BADA, I don't trust Samsung with its OSes anymore. Missing the build quality of Wave devices.

Last edited:

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
People in dream world are asking me to wake up. You must be watching aaj tak, sahara news etc regularly. If you think none of our Tax money is utilized, then our economy would have been similar to Bhutan or Myanmar. And you won't have been talking about iPhone so much. You would have been probably thinking of affording a Nokia 1100. You better stay in Jakarta. No need no write so much. Don't make yourself sound like a empty vessel.

Me too think so. Ha ha. And wait TINZEN is too coming into the scene. Where will you put it then ?

But after dumping BADA, I don't trust Samsung with its OSes anymore. Missing the build quality of Wave devices.

still sleeping? missing points all over again, have i said tax is not utilized ? seriously dude, talk about the point. Again spare me directions what i can afford and what not and where should i stay. read up.

*www.arthakranti.org/analysis/current-tax-system/defects

Last edited:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I recently visited a school in Bangalore for inquiring about the admission fees for my nephew for LKG.. the fees was 4.5 Lac. I noticed the students of the school, ever one can buy a iPhone without any issue, if not two .

4.5 lacs for LKG ? I didn't cough that much from my nursery to graduation combined !!

$hadow

Geek in making
i completed my 4 years of engg @ 2.4 lakh

Yeah now a days schools are charging insane amount and parents has to and have to arrange the amount coz of the reason that of a myth that costlier the school better education they provide.

sggupta95

Broken In
you guys only see your own view point..
but there are millions of people who don't need blue tooth and will find apple devices so easy to use

the grandma in the next home she uses the ipad for just about everything. mail, skype, web browsing and finally sharing pictures of her cute grandchildren!
my dad prefers my iPad over the PC, Laptop for browsing everyday at home.

now you either sell and win and get rich..
or be geeks who don't see value here.

i agree.everyone nowadays seems to have a habit of jumping on either some love or hate bandwagon,dictating their choices on others.
i muself am not an apple fan,nor do i agree with their business policies.they promote closeness and walls,and maintaining control at all costs,not giving it to people.starts to sound like an evil,villanious company somewhat.
but everyone has different needs,and priorites.and while their devices are overpriced,their build quality and user experience is unmatched.
and i think the very captivating thing about their moblile products is their ecosystem.compared to android,where mostly crappy and useless apps, apps and f2p garbage is there,ios seems to have less of those things.
and while i can't say about the prices,if it is really so sale prone then it's even more good.
but the fact is most people in india don't give a damn about software,and while they'll buy 30-40,000 on just phones,they'll either pirate everything or just stick to crappy apps/games. so any argument related to software side is meaningless to them,as they can't flaunt it

Sarath

iDota
They just have to sell 2 lakh iPhones for that. There are easily that many people who can afford an iPhone in our country.

My friends are going crazy for an iPhone 5S. Come January I think I will be surrounded by a lot of 5S'. A friend of mine got an iPhone 5 only 2 months back and he is already upgrading. All my friends are divided now into Apple and Samsung groups.

ujjwal007

Lost in games
oh, here comes the android fanboys :lol:

if you really have some fundamental problem of comprehending the fabric of economy running in India, then consult with other senior forum members to help you. "avoiding something if you can" means you have to option to avoid, so whats new? everyone everyday has options, everyone knows iphone costs too much, there lies Zero practicality of saying that buying 1000 crores worth of iphones will make india poor as hell and otherwise it would have become Paris, pay more attention to how money flows in and out of india in non-legal fundings, scams and whatnot. and spare me the stupid and fake patriotic annotations such as think about you're country bullcrap. as if you have liberated India from British a second time.

Even if corrupt, pay taxes bringing dev to india? i mean how incredibly stupid it is that you've figured that sucking people's hard earned money in notorious, condemned ways is still a better way of leading india to prosper? Whole India is moving against corruption mate, wake up.

:rofl:

abhijeet.ak

Broken In
Well said education has been damn expensive... I still remember my school fee was Rs 150 pm and now for my son who's just gonna be in LKG I am gonna shell out close to around 2 Lacs ...

All though I agree the cost of living and inflation is at it's peak and then we are treated like scape goat's by these schools...

coming back to the iPhone discussion... Some stats below :

1000 Cr
50K avg price per handset
20 Lac handset's to be sold in 1 year to achieve the figure
1,66,666/- handsets to be sold per month
5,555/- handsets per day (30 days a month)

929Mn Cellphone subscribers (not users) in India.
Smartphone users (not subscribers) above 30k in India : Approx 2.5 crores
Existing Apple users in India : Approx 50lac

Practically speaking apple has a target of attracting 10% of the remaining 2cr smartphone users on their platform.

It's not an impossible target, though it's difficult and has to be supported by the Mobile Service providers in india... Apple should look look at partnering with these Service providers and come up with some jaw dropping plans (like reliance... 5s for 2599 per month with unlimited local / national calls, unlimited 3g and unlimited sms)..

Just my 2 Cents ... :)

ujjwal007

Lost in games
Well said education has been damn expensive... I still remember my school fee was Rs 150 pm and now for my son who's just gonna be in LKG I am gonna shell out close to around 2 Lacs ...

All though I agree the cost of living and inflation is at it's peak and then we are treated like scape goat's by these schools...

coming back to the iPhone discussion... Some stats below :

1000 Cr
50K avg price per handset
20 Lac handset's to be sold in 1 year to achieve the figure
1,66,666/- handsets to be sold per month
5,555/- handsets per day (30 days a month)

929Mn Cellphone subscribers (not users) in India.
Smartphone users (not subscribers) above 30k in India : Approx 2.5 crores
Existing Apple users in India : Approx 50lac

Practically speaking apple has a target of attracting 10% of the remaining 2cr smartphone users on their platform.

It's not an impossible target, though it's difficult and has to be supported by the Mobile Service providers in india... Apple should look look at partnering with these Service providers and come up with some jaw dropping plans (like reliance... 5s for 2599 per month with unlimited local / national calls, unlimited 3g and unlimited sms)..

Just my 2 Cents ... :)

that's the price for iphone 5c the iphone 5s is 2999
they don't have the 5s for atleast 1 and the half month

Top Bottom