Apple aims for Rs 1,000 Crore From iPhone 5S Sales in India This Quarter

swatkats

The TroubleShooter!
I see most of them buying Second hand iphone stuff. Have a look at Olx, you have 18-20k you are now owner of an iphone 4s and to others it gives an impression that Indians are no longer in the middle class range.

I can assure you only 2 out of 10 phones you see are purchased from Indian store Rest of them are either Imported or Seconds.

Coming to the topic, If Apple can do a business of 1,000 Crore in India, The answer is Simple. NO.
These figures which these Reliance or Airtel or apple tell in PR's are just owned by some Dude who has unaccounted money and the same iphone5 for 10k more with so called touch id(Oh ya i love i5 and hate 5s for its price tag) and I don't mean to criticize the one's who buy with their hard earned money but most of them buy with unaccounted money.
Many people who Realize it lacks basic feature like Bluetooth will sell off their phone and never buy an iphone later, These are my observations.

But one thing i like about iphones is that they never Reduce price by 20-30% like other Android Phone manufacturers. Imagine a Scene where you buy a Note2 for 36k and a Friends of yours after 8-9months buys it for 26k and Gives you that sympathetic look. :-x Sucks..!!!

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
I don't mean to criticize the one's who buy with their hard earned money but most of them buy with unaccounted money.
Many people who Realize it lacks basic feature like Bluetooth will sell off their phone and never buy an iphone later, These are my observations.
any phone can be bought with unaccounted money.
miss basic feature, infra-red on devices. more than blue-tooth. used to be fun to be able to change tv channels in public places. or control lego robots. guess they took it out because of security reasons.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
now when did bluetooth become a basic feature ?
my sister and all her friends in college, share music pictures through watsapp..
probably you are a little outdated.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
now when did bluetooth become a basic feature ?
my sister and all her friends in college, share music pictures through watsapp..
probably you are a little outdated.

+1 to above statement
WhatsApp kar de is the new sharing medium.

Even though Whatsapp has gained momentum, how many people have smart phone ? At least in my circle, majority (almost 50-60%) don't. And then install Whatsapp (yeah, many people don't use it), and last but not least net pack. Still people are defending it. :|
Bluetooth was, and is basic feature of a phone. Period.
Comes handy at times.

$hadow

Geek in making
Even though Whatsapp has gained momentum, how many people have smart phone ? At least in my circle, majority (almost 50-60%) don't. And then install Whatsapp (yeah, many people don't use it), and last but not least net pack. Still people are defending it. :|
Comes handy at times.

All I said that it is the new medium not an end of bluetooth. But you have to admit that now it is used a lot for sharing files.

abhijeet.ak

Broken In
Comes handy at times.

+1 ^

Although I got an iPhone5 and with ios7 I can use AirDrop to share my files with other iPhone users, its functionality is quite limited....viz only iPhone 5 and above and all that crap...

You can use WA to share photos and WA compresses these photos further (and makes them look crappy) to transmit over the mobile network, what about videos and recordings... not everyone is on 3G and has an unlimited data pack :)

+ 1 to Bluetooth although WA and other messengers can be used for some basic file transfers however they cannot replace Bluetooth, having said that the two technologies cannot be mixed together and are way different...

bluetooth is not an obsolete technology and is currently in its 5th evolution (6th Under research) with some really fantastic transfer rates..

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
When I was in college, nobody had smart phones.. neither did I
Then I started to work, now all of sudden just everyone has smart phones. The kids I see around have smart phones!

Finding a nokia feature phone was part of a treasure hunt contest I recently participated in.

besides aren't micromaxx android phones like 5k ?

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
Guys, iPhones are status symbol for a lot of people. And when it comes to status, people do anything, especially up here in the North India.
You know people have been known to sell their ancesteral land so that they can bring home a wife in a helicopter on their wedding even if they couldn't afford it. Just for showoff. You can sell them a piece of brick just by saying that it will add to their status. Yes, they will surely buy an iPhone.

ashs1

Padawan
You know people have been known to sell their ancesteral land so that they can bring home a wife in a helicopter on their wedding even if they couldn't afford it. Just for showoff. You can sell them a piece of brick just by saying that it will add to their status. Yes, they will surely buy an iPhone.

rofl ... :lol: :grin::rofl::rofl:

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^yes
ios has more chance of working with various systems
one example is reliance digital, who use ipods attached to barcode scanners to check out sales. surprised its not some cheap custom device made in china. its an ipod in a clumsy case.

but iphone has no IR port. still stuck to my 6600 for this feature. I can control set top box with phone right now. dont even care about alternate options or configurations available.

abhijeet.ak

Broken In
Speaking of Bluetooth, does Bluetooth in iPhone work with car audio system

Yes it supports A2DP for Audio streaming from your iPhone as well as normal phone functionalities viz Call, Messages and stuff....

^yes
ios has more chance of working with various systems
one example is reliance digital, who use ipods attached to barcode scanners to check out sales. surprised its not some cheap custom device made in china. its an ipod in a clumsy case.

but iphone has no IR port. still stuck to my 6600 for this feature. I can control set top box with phone right now. dont even care about alternate options or configurations available.

Man 6600 was one super duper hit phone :) I still luv da device and you made me go looking out for one in my old electronics archive... :p

ashs1

Padawan
spoof Interview of IphoneX :p :D :

Interviewer : how much are you expecting to generate from sales from this latest version of iphone in india ?
Executives from Apple : we are expecting a sale of about Rs. 2000 crore !!
Interviewer : Thats Double of what you had predicted for iphone5S !! Our viewers would like to know how much an iphoneX would cost them ??
Executives from Apple : The selling price of an iphoneX is set at Rs. 2000 crore !!!
Interviewer : O__O
*i.imgflip.com/2/wczz.jpg

Last edited:

amjath

Human Spambot
we all hearing something about 5c, read about it
A Foxconn factory reportedly stops iPhone 5c production - GSMArena.com news

Top Bottom