Apple aims for Rs 1,000 Crore From iPhone 5S Sales in India This Quarter

There aren't that many fools in India, that Apple would make 1000 crores in this quarter from India.

iPhones are too expensive + In India you would be easily trolled by having a 50k phone that doesn't support Bluetooth FTP.

An iPhone 4S user was trolled by my friends in class (due to such an expensive phone not having such a basic feature). One of my friend was planning to buy iPhone 5C from abroad but after telling him about the limitations of iOS, he now hates iPhones (he was once a fan, never owned one though)

ashs1

Padawan
To be honest a cheap android is good enough for indian public. Apple is not needed. Even my bank ICICI has an banking app only in android for indian public. When i asked for IOS version he said it wasnt available.

thats a very bad attitude..who are we to decide what is good for indian public. who are we to decide that apple is not needed. sure, the market is still very much inclined towards the android platform as almost every phone is based on android. I am sure we won't be complaining this much if apple had cheaper phones..
& btw..I agree that apple charges ridiculously for their products...& not to forget, they do take care of their customers. Xperia S/SL which were one of the biggest products of sony last year, are now in dumps..the devices seem like they are totally ignored,.. on the other hand, my friend's iphone 4 ( released in 2010, June ) got the last ios7 update. O__O.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
you guys only see your own view point..
but there are millions of people who don't need blue tooth and will find apple devices so easy to use.

the grandma in the next home she uses the ipad for just about everything. mail, skype, web browsing and finally sharing pictures of her cute grandchildren!
my dad prefers my iPad over the PC, Laptop for browsing everyday at home.

now you either sell and win and get rich..
or be geeks who don't see value here.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
People, India is still a developing country. With 1000 crore India can even send a spacecraft to Pluto. Don't let this money go to US. Is iPhone really that worth ? Just think.

So what you're saying is earmark the money for ISRO as donation?

Your taxes already pay for what ISRO does.

Other foreign firms making money from consumers or corporations notwithstanding.

I bet you wouldn't have posted this had Mangalyaan not been in the news recently. And I would not have felt like responding to the comment you would have made in a similar thread.

bubusam13

Human
I bet you wouldn't have posted this had Mangalyaan not been in the news recently. And I would not have felt like responding to the comment you would have made in a similar thread.

In that case you lost that bet. I have always felt like that. Don't comment. Why are you commenting then ? Pity, you are quarreling because I asked not to let India's money go to foreign hands.

Is iPhone really worth so much. Americans buy them on contract. But we Indians pay full amount. Should we ? I never asked you not to buy, I said if you can avoid, then avoid. If you are crazy about gazets or really need a iPhone, then buy.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Is iPhone really worth so much. Americans buy them on contract. But we Indians pay full amount. Should we ? I never asked you not to buy, I said if you can avoid, then avoid. If you are crazy about gazets or really need a iPhone, then buy.
hmmm. its the content and services. ios actually makes it dirt cheap, has more promotions than amazon or play. for free, you can get ad-free versions of premium apps.
thing has gotten so twisted, that content made from indian artists is available officially only on foreign apps - that are not allowed in india. spotify has a great catalog of indian record labels, but the app itself is not available in india. itunes has exclusives from indian artists that are not available for download in the indian store. the prices are affordable.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
In that case you lost that bet. I have always felt like that. Don't comment. Why are you commenting then ? Pity, you are quarreling because I asked not to let India's money go to foreign hands.

you in schools? rehearse the thread title, read newspapers and will see that not-buying iphones wont save india and its corrupt government to lose money, there are wayy more than enough taxes currently running in india which can cover-up all expenses of government machineries and that too without the income tax, in reality we dont need to pay income taxes at all, and 1000 crores to foreign hands doesnt make a point here, there has been scams with an amount of money gone, could make all indian roads Rubberized asphalt. so cut this lame logic out from "why wont iphone make market" ...iphone just needs to be 10K cheaper, they will have more market than WP and android combined, its just overpriced thats all.

$hadow

Geek in making
Manufacturers need to understand that India is still a developing country and pricing plays a important fact in the success and failure of the product. 50k is an insane amount to spend on a device. If you have got a cheaper alternative why not give it a try. If apple also try to lower down the price of their products in India they will see the new high in Indian market.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
but but when we had cheaper alternatives, we accused apple of dumping old stock

the devices are not gonna get cheaper, india is not going to buy expensive devices... so pretty much a stalemate
there wont be content till there are devices, no need for devices till there is content... so pretty much another stalemate

bubusam13

Human
you in schools? rehearse the thread title, read newspapers and will see that not-buying iphones wont save india and its corrupt government to lose money, there are wayy more than enough taxes currently running in india which can cover-up all expenses of government machineries and that too without the income tax, in reality we dont need to pay income taxes at all, and 1000 crores to foreign hands doesnt make a point here, there has been scams with an amount of money gone, could make all indian roads Rubberized asphalt. so cut this lame logic out from "why wont iphone make market" ...iphone just needs to be 10K cheaper, they will have more market than WP and android combined, its just overpriced thats all.

You have not even attended school. I never mentioned not buying iPhone. I only said avoid if you can, and this is not in case of iPhone. It's for any company. But the thing is iPhone cost too much, so I particularly mentioned it. Don't think what others are doing, think what you have done for your country. Even if corrupt, pay taxes is bringing some development in the country. Pay 1000 crore to apple and tell how it will in anyway develope India ?

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
@ano we always had cheaper alternatives right from start thats the problem, if iphones in india would have been at least similarly priced with samsh!t from the very beginning of competition, i could see apple all over, even iphones have way less depreciation rate of underlying hardware and i've seen people using 2nd and 3rd stage devices with no major performance loss, samsung devices specially remarkably wither with time, dunno why, so many customer complaints about samsung S4 pro packages here in this country with the provider i work with...too many, sluggish apps, ram usage,games lag, very long boot up time.

if apple would just be a little more into price-cuts, or more to say reachable from people in med-high-end devices range, it wd have never occurred to people, that apple selling cheap phones in india implies a dump out.

Last edited:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I recently visited a school in Bangalore for inquiring about the admission fees for my nephew for LKG.. the fees was 4.5 Lac. I noticed the students of the school, ever one can buy a iPhone without any issue, if not two .

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
You have not even attended school. I never mentioned not buying iPhone. I only said avoid if you can, and this is not in case of iPhone. It's for any company. But the thing is iPhone cost too much, so I particularly mentioned it. Don't think what others are doing, think what you have done for your country. Even if corrupt, pay taxes is bringing some development in the country. Pay 1000 crore to apple and tell how it will in anyway develope India ?

if you really have some fundamental problem of comprehending the fabric of economy running in India, then consult with other senior forum members to help you. "avoiding something if you can" means you have to option to avoid, so whats new? everyone everyday has options, everyone knows iphone costs too much, there lies Zero practicality of saying that buying 1000 crores worth of iphones will make india poor as hell and otherwise it would have become Paris, pay more attention to how money flows in and out of india in non-legal fundings, scams and whatnot. and spare me the stupid and fake patriotic annotations such as think about you're country bullcrap. as if you have liberated India from British a second time.

Even if corrupt, pay taxes bringing dev to india? i mean how incredibly stupid it is that you've figured that sucking people's hard earned money in notorious, condemned ways is still a better way of leading india to prosper? Whole India is moving against corruption mate, wake up.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Apple phones are not worth IMO, but Ipads oh yeah. On tablets, ios is far better than android

vanpr7

Gamer For Life
Tim Cook himself said that they are not in the 'junk' business. That's why d 5c is not the cheap version (costing 44k inr) :p . What they don't realise is even though india is currently a country whose majority users lie in the middle class category and not everyone can afford an iPhone, in the future those very consumers will be able to afford those phones but would have got too used to android and maybe windows phones by then that they may never switch to an iPhone
Apple is missing the very point. :/.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
^^ thats what i meant, they don't need to establish the truth of iphone being a quality product by saying "no junk". They don't have to sell junk, they just need to bring down that 44K to 34K.

vanpr7

Gamer For Life
^^ thats what i meant, they don't need to establish the truth of iphone being a quality product by saying "no junk". They don't have to sell junk, they just need to bring down that 44K to 34K.

True that. Coz right now anyone would rather buy a top android device for 40k than a iPhone 5c. Ridiculously overpriced that **** is.
Also android has slowly crept upto ios in terms of smoothness and app ecosystem and it will only get better. Also ART is gonna improve d speed and smoothness as well. So let's see what does Apple do to combat android in the developing countries.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
hmm. the non affordability is not apple's problem. nexus phones are also overpriced in india. again, it is up to the operators to sell more models on contract and bring down the prices.

play store is already lagging behind promotions to third party content providers on android. say amazon or humble bundle. androids biggest sales happen when new humble bundle comes along, or when google decides for some promotions. iOS gets killer price drops continuously. go to sleep for 8 hours, there's freebs waiting for you in the morning. bunch of new titles release every Wednesday. give feedback or request features to the developers at their official sites, twitter, facebook, and they will either queue it up, or at least tell good reason why they are not doing it. apps are updated for years. they look good. adware is limited.

donno difference between old phones and cheap phones.
can safely say ios phone launched in 2009 can handle more humble android bundle games than any android flagships till 2011. maybe that's one reason why the bigger price is worth it.

Top Bottom