Antivirus Guide & User Reviews.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
funny thing is the link on Avira's website takes you to cnet's download.com to download the free version and they are still showing they have 12.0.0.849 dated oct 3 ;-)

most software sites simply redirect to CNET & CNET doesn't usually update for minor releases. thats why i follow filehippo for regular & softpedia for the rest of my software downloads.

bubusam13

Human
Using Microsoft Security Essentials from 2 1/2 years. Not even a single virus in my PC. MOD EDIT, I stay online about 18 hours a day. Very good antivirus. Does not slow down PC or internet. You wont even notice there is an antivirus running.

Before I used BitDefender. Very good protection but I used to get fatal errors. Many times need some windows patch and all.

Before Bitdefender, I used Kaspersky.Bloody hell. It should ask be before deleting *.exe files. All *.exe s are not virus. MOD EDIT. How will I learn then. Even it won't let me open some specific websites that I thinks is not qualified for me to view.

Last edited by a moderator:

sygeek

Technomancer
Using Microsoft Security Essentials from 2 1/2 years. Not even a single virus in my PC. MOD EDIT, I stay online about 18 hours a day. Very good antivirus. Does not slow down PC or internet. You wont even notice there is an antivirus running.
True. In my opinion, I don't think anyone needs anything more than MSE for general purposes (exceptional purposes don't include other AVs as well).

Last edited by a moderator:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
posting and discussing about cracks & warez and also the source are against forum rules. it doesn't matter if you download for educational purpose or some other use. rules are rules :smile:

bubusam13

Human
Microsoft Security Essentials if you have original windows. If you don't get original. If you can't make it original. The Windows Genuine Advantage redirects you to a page where you can pay and make your copy of windows genuine. I have heard they even give discounts respecting the fact that you are contributing to stopping piracy.

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
ESET is very good. Don't worry about your present antivirus.

Agreed, been using Eset for years. One wouldn't feel the need of any other powerful suites unless he downloads pile of stuff from dodgy sites and connects shitloads of pendrives/usbs each day. lol

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
any Quick Heal user here??? want to know their experience...... i know its heavy and very costly.......but don't know why in my town, peoples are crazy about Kaspersky and Quick Heal:rolleyes: ........its okay, i have no problem with Kaspersky its recognised all over the world, but Quick Heal :blink:??

please share your experience......

meetdilip

Computer Addict
AVG detection rate in on par with the other 2 (or say 3) famous free AVs. just it is heavy on the system.

I was told that AVG's detection rate is not as good as Avast or Avira. I was actually using AVG sometime back, but my bill was huge due to some infection. So someone suggested Avira and used it for some time. Just tried Avast for an idea and never left it.

If not asking too much, could you please list the pros and cons of AVG in brief ?

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
any Quick Heal user here??? want to know their experience...... i know its heavy and very costly.......but don't know why in my town, peoples are crazy about Kaspersky and Quick Heal:rolleyes: ........its okay, i have no problem with Kaspersky its recognised all over the world, but Quick Heal :blink:??

please share your experience......

I think Quick Heal was designed/created in India, and is promoted to such an extent that people actually started believing its a good one.

Top Bottom