Antivirus Guide & User Reviews.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ another thing I noticed is comodo won't show you the last update date and vdf database date - ( correct me if I'm wrong ) which is though not very necessary but a very nice feature to have in any AV product IMO ;-)

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
^^ Trend Micro also doesn't have update button, they auto update.... i personally think there should be some manual update button......

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Trend Micro also doesn't have update button, they auto update.... i personally think there should be some manual update button......

it's true that Trend Micro Titanium has no manual update options but still it may be manually updated ;-)

Trend Micro - Support Portal - Knowledgebase Resolution

the Instructions are for Trend Micro Internet Security 2009 and some old versions but as Trend Micro Download Center ( link on the above page ) still offers newer files this might be applicable to Titanium - if anyone check and confirm this it would be really nice ;-)

stonecaper

SuperMASSiVE
AntiVirus Name: Microsoft Security Essentials
Free or Paid: Free
Price in INR [If Paid]: 0
Protection Type: Only Antivirus

Ratings out of 5:
User Friendly: 4.7
Detection Rate: 4.5
Price: 5
Overall: 4.7

Recommend to Use: Yes or No [If No then mention the appropriate reason] - If Yo Dont Browse Those Ahem Sites.This Is the Best AV Possible (4 MB Ram Usage Idling)

T

The Conqueror

AntiVirus Name: Kaspersky Internet Security 2012
Free or Paid: Paid
Price in INR [If Paid]: 797 3PC 1 Year ;
Protection Type: Antivirus, Antispyware, Firewall and everything you need to have a safe online experience.

Ratings out of 5:
User Friendly: 5.0
Detection Rate: 4.9
Price: 5.0
Overall: 4.99

Recommend to Use : Definitely Yes. Personally I have found that KIS 2012 is somewhat faster than the 2011 version. A must-have.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
AntiVirus Name: Quickheal Total Security (Quickheal's top version)
Free or Paid: Paid
Price in INR [If Paid]: Dont remember but it was around 1k
Protection Type: Firewall, Antivirus, Email protection, Internet Security....

Ratings out of 5.
User Friendly: 3
Detection Rate:2
Price:4
Overall:2.5

Recommend to Use: Yes or No [If No then mention the appropriate reason]. NO. Reason below
Comments:
This is the most frustrating anti virus I have ever used. Features like phising protection, Email protection automatically turn off, and if you turn it on, it turns off after a minute or two. This even happened with Quick Heal Internet Security on my laptop. On contacting customer service, they ask to upload a file that contains system info and never respond after sending the file. :|
It keeps on updating regularly, and a background scan also runs all the time. Also, when you download a new file from net, it immediately scans it. But negative stuff is more than whats positive in this AV so I won't recommend this to anyone... :|

I was just thinking of changing this anti virus, so what will be better: McAfee, Norton or Kaspersky?

sygeek

Technomancer
I was just thinking of changing this anti virus, so what will be better: McAfee, Norton or Kaspersky?
Neither. Microsoft Security Essentials, you don't need anything more than that. If you're skeptical about it (which you shouldn't be), go for Avast free antivirus.

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
@Nipun
if you want a free good antivirus, then go for Avira/Avast with a free personal firewall of your choice like comodo/Outpost/OnlineArmour.....

it will be enough..... :)

if you want to purchase some paid, go for Kaspersky/ESET..... Kaspersky is quite heavy on PC, but ESET is really lite on PC..... but ESET is too costly.....

YOUR choice.... :)

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ WoW ! that's quite cheap.

some more cheap deals on flipkart ;-)

Also G-DATA Internet Security 2012 @ Rs. 363 ( 1PC/1Year )
Review :G Data Internet Security 2012 review | from TechRadar UK's expert reviews of Anti malware software

and Norton AntiVirus 2012 @ Rs. 393 ( 1PC/1year ) and NAV 2012 @ Rs. 981 ( 3PC/1year )

Review : *www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2392400,00.asp

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
Latest Oct'11 Anti-Phishing Tests Result from AV-Comparative

AV-Comparatives - Independent Tests of Anti-Virus Software - Anti-Phishing Tests

Reactions: d3p
OP
d3p

d3p

PowerHouse
Latest Oct'11 Anti-Phishing Tests Result from AV-Comparative

AV-Comparatives - Independent Tests of Anti-Virus Software - Anti-Phishing Tests

That's nice piece of information. 1+ Rep..

You can directly access these PDF Report. Click Here

Top Bottom