Antivirus Guide & User Reviews.

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
Care to share some ways? :)

Eset gives a 30-days trial key. What you need to do is just enter your email address they send you username and password which can be used to update the program. The program is fully functional for 30 days. After your trial has expired you need to enter a different email address and enjoy free trial again. Check the europian site of Eset, as it is the only one that's giving trial account currently. Have been using this trick for years lol. And I agree there are sites/forums where sometimes users shares account.

tkin

Back to school!!
Eset gives a 30-days trial key. What you need to do is just enter your email address they send you username and password which can be used to update the program. The program is fully functional for 30 days. After you need enter a different email address and enjoy free trial again. Check the europian site of Eset, as it is the only one that's giving trial account.
We are not talking about that, 30 day trials is just too less, some times promotions take place in which 1 yr license of antiviruses are given free of cost.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anyway, have been on an winning streak for the past couple of months, first Malwarebytes and then Kaspersky IS 2012 via Softpedia. Have installed Malwarebytes at my parents' PC at Kolkata, although didn't get the time to actually dig deeper. And KIS 2012 is probably heading towards my friend's laptop. I am pretty much satisfied with Avast+Outpost+Emsisoft for now.

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
We are not talking about that, 30 day trials is just too less, some times promotions take place in which 1 yr license of antiviruses are given free of cost.

I know that.

Anyway, have been on an winning streak for the past couple of months, first Malwarebytes and then Kaspersky IS 2012 via Softpedia. Have installed Malwarebytes at my parents' PC at Kolkata, although didn't get the time to actually dig deeper. And KIS 2012 is probably heading towards my friend's laptop. I am pretty much satisfied with Avast+Outpost+Emsisoft for now.

Avira Antivir (Free) + MalwareBytes (Free) + Comodo (Firewall) is a killer combination.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am a long time Outpost user, have a lifetime license and as far as firewall goes I think it is the best.

tkin

Back to school!!
Comodo user here, nice firewall, easy to configure, never tried outpost, tried zonealarm but it was cr@pfest, switched back to Comodo and hence stuck with it.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, I said there are ways one can use it for free legally. Didn't said it was free. lol

you said on the first post that the app is free.

AntiVirus Name: Eset Smart Secuity
Free or Paid: Free
Price in INR [If Paid]: 0

anyway, nice to see the legal way on a latter post to use it beyond 30 days ;-)

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
eset is not very commonly gives giveaways.... kaspersky/ panda/ norton is very common with 90 days.... :)

Last edited:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
^^Eset keys can be got legally through some promotional sites. I don't use them, but my friend is using them from more than 3 yrs with license upto 2016 !

Anish

Spectre
AntiVirus Name: Comodo Internet Security
Free or Paid: Free
Price in INR [If Paid]: 0
Protection Type: Internet Security

Ratings out of 5:
User Friendly: 3
Detection Rate: 4
Price: 5
Overall: 4.0

Recommend to Use: Yes or No [If No then mention the appropriate reason].
Lovingly yes... It is pretty configurable easily with some knowledge (Dont install it on your kid's laptop)

Top Bottom