Anti-Bollywood thread

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
The Indian film industry rolls out dozens of movies every year. Each one scraped from the bottom of the barrel of the golden era of cinema. Each one digging the corpses of the previous hits. And each one built upon the same skeleton of monotony. Indian movies, which were once artful depictions of intense and deep stories are reduced to fast moving consumer products. Products that are packaged and advertised to be sold to a whole population of mindless zombies. The actors are devoid of any sense of acting, scripts are poor, dialogues are cheesy and forgettable and songs are overrated. Why even have songs? Songs have been in Indian cinema for decades and they were done right. But now, songs in movies are like the advertisement jingles that are just instruments for sale. Any one who has money is financing a movie as an investment, not for the sake of art. And they are reaping huge profits because the populace laps it up just to watch some actress shake some booty. The condition of CGI is better left unsaid.

Bollywood has now grown into a cesspool of idiocy and an icon of cheesiness. I believe that any good and well produced hindi movie should not be labeled "Bollywood" because associating it with such a despicable tag stand in stark contrast to the quality of that movie.

Secondly, what really grinds my gears is that there is no escape from it, the idiot box displays trailers and music videos back to back everywhere you go. Its like the stench that never ceases to stop and follows you everywhere.

I have watched many Bollywood movies over the years but I have been disappointed every single time, to the point that I have given up all hope. Hollywood too has some its own cheesy movies but never of such a magnitude. I now prefer to watch World Movies and I do believe that those who do watch such movies might have varying degrees of animosity towards what Bollywood has become.

These are my views on Bollywood. All your criticisms are belong to me.

Hrishi

One of the primary reasons being the il-logical fan following. A majority of these films generate revenues from that specific segment of society which belongs to the crazy A$$ fan-following club.

I have heavily reduced watching Bollywood movies with the same frequency that I used to earlier , reason being the availability of better titles outside Bollywood's realm.
My level of anticipation has increased , and whenever I watch a bollywood movie , it somehow feels boring due to the fact that I tend to figure out the movie just based on few scenes.

Last edited:
OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
One of the primary reasons being the il-logical fan following. A majority of these films generate revenues from that specific segment of society which belongs to the crazy A$$ fan-following club.

This is one thing I never understand. What is the appeal in watching a movie just because someone (I don't like to call them actors) you admire for some unfathomable reason (not their acting, they cannot act) is in it? Not to mention I find Bollywood movies and "actors" very stereotypical and biased towards the rich people.

Hrishi

This is one thing I never understand. What is the appeal in watching a movie just because someone (I don't like to call them actors) you admire for some unfathomable reason (not their acting, they cannot act) is in it? Not to mention I find Bollywood movies and "actors" very stereotypical and biased towards the rich people.
The Hereditary System of Influence of Power has a lot of role to play in India. Be it Indian politics , or Bollywood movies.
And that is one another reason behind making of such crap movies , featuring dumbest movie plots , crappiest acting by filthy rich and politically strong actors and media persons who have enough money to spend.
Whereas poor , struggling actors with authentic talent and ideas are left behind in the race.

This stupid admiration of such privilleged people , as stupid as it may seem to us , prevails a lot even in the highly educated section of our society including younsters.

On a serious Note : I get a lot of hatred by people around me , because I do not follow the mainstream crowd ( watching every other bollywod movie made by sharuk and salman ,etc and keeping a record of their feats.. dayum!!).
I feel sorry for those poor lads who waste their time watching and following such piece of Sh!tty movies , unaware of what's much better out there.

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Barring a few, all bollywood movies of this decade are lame.
they focus on reaching the 100 crore mark but the level of stupidity in those movies

*img202.imageshack.us/img202/7945/obih.jpg

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Well, the only reason such people are in business is because people are buying their ****.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I blame the success of such Bollywood crap to the change which today's youngsters are going through. But more on that later.
First thanks for this thread, for giving a chance to rant over today's state of Indian Cinemas.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Man, I was expecting to get thrashed for putting up this thread. Didn't know so many people would agree.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
I concur. I rarely watch bollywood movies these days. One of the classic examples of mediocrity is dabangg 2. I cant even remember a single memorable event in the movie. All i was wishing for in the last half hour was to have this movie finished.

This is the class of bollywood movies nowadays. Not a single thing which demands repeat viewing. We should have more movies like lunchbox. Even barfi was a semi copied rehashed mess

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Lol...for Barfi

Check this out :

[YOUTUBE]BDyuSBhYK-A[/YOUTUBE]

This is just one among many others.

There is nothing wrong in recreating scenes from classic movies, but at least give credit where credit is due. But no, instead they will copy it blatantly since the natural assumption the producers have is that Indian audiences don't know ****.

Similarly, in Rajneeti, so many scenes copied from the Godfather, including dialogues. Jannat 2 reminds me of Lord Of War. &c

Edit : Apparently, there is a whole site dedicated to revealing the copying antics of the bollywood big shots.

*www.bollycat.com/

Double edit : Those idiots should at least learn to design original posters first, let alone movies.

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
now days I have started to hate bollywood commercial movies...just watch out of the league movies like lunchbox, dday or even johnday ...

I watched besharam and it was soo irritating ..yuk full of overacting and cheap comedy ...that phata poster nikla hero movie...crossed all limit of overacting..even madras cafe had lots of overacting. That latest shahrukh khan movie chennai express, I totally forgot the story 10 mins after I saw the movie, and imagined I watched a tamil film actually :D

But I would extend it by saying hollywood is also getting boring day by day ...same alien attack on US..same end of the world..same insects..same zombies...same superheros ...same nuclear effect on animals....aah I am fed up of all this...for last 20 years I saw this now STOP it hollywood.

Flash

Lost in speed
Bollywood movies (seconded by Tollywood) features some unbelievable fight scenes that will make the user to commit suicide in the theatre itself..
The main culprits are Sunny deol:evil: and Ajay devgan.:evil:

ashs1

Padawan
1 : apart from a couple of actors/directors, most of them aim at earning profits than accolades.
2. Its the crowd. I don't know what happened to the audience, but most of them seem to enjoy these masala cr@ps. Its ok to enjoy/watch one of them once in a while, but unfortunately this genre( masala cr@p) seems to be the most favoured one.. :/ PArtially, we are also to be blamed for the decreasing movie quality in bollywood. :(

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
The point of this thread is not crappy bollywood movies,it is
"Hurrr durr movies of my generation were better than the crap shown today hurr durrr"

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
All Southies will collectively come to take a dump on this thread :lol:
They seemingly hate "Hindi" "North Yindia" and everything which has Hindi in It

Top Bottom