Anti-Bollywood thread

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
You are generalizing heavily here.. You might have encountered a few intellectually challenged internet warriors who might have dissed the Hindi film industry aka "Bollywood", doesn't mean it is the "Southies birthright".

I'm from the south myself and I feel the title of this thread shouldn't just be about being anti Bollywood but anti Indian cinema in general.

I agree. It did not strike me when I was creating this thread. But, lets all of us agree that this thread is anti-Indian cinema thread. If everyone thinks that the thread title is still misleading, we can arrange to have the mods rename the title.

Now, to keep the conversation going, what do you guys think of the next Indian CGI fest Krrish 3? The graphics look like **** in the trailer and I am not confident that the story will be good either. Does anyone even remember the earlier installments vividly?

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
now days I have started to hate bollywood commercial movies...just watch out of the league movies like lunchbox, dday or even johnday ...

I watched besharam and it was soo irritating ..yuk full of overacting and cheap comedy ...that phata poster nikla hero movie...crossed all limit of overacting..even madras cafe had lots of overacting. That latest shahrukh khan movie chennai express, I totally forgot the story 10 mins after I saw the movie, and imagined I watched a tamil film actually :D

But I would extend it by saying hollywood is also getting boring day by day ...same alien attack on US..same end of the world..same insects..same zombies...same superheros ...same nuclear effect on animals....aah I am fed up of all this...for last 20 years I saw this now STOP it hollywood.

+1. Hollywood is also getting unimaginative. Same single man saving the world from destruction in every movie. However, World War Z was a surprise and very well made for a zombie movie.

Just finished watching man of steel today ( Again a single man responsible for prevention of destruction of earth by a tyrant ) . Although there is a sense of deja vu, the film's non linear and laid back storyline appealed to me immensely and there was a strong emotional connection in many scenes. Although the film resorts to some cliches , it also innovated in many scenes. Bollywood on the other hand is 100% predictable.

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
I agree. It did not strike me when I was creating this thread. But, lets all of us agree that this thread is anti-Indian cinema thread. If everyone thinks that the thread title is still misleading, we can arrange to have the mods rename the title.

Now, to keep the conversation going, what do you guys think of the next Indian CGI fest Krrish 3? The graphics look like **** in the trailer and I am not confident that the story will be good either. Does anyone even remember the earlier installments vividly?

1)Cheesy/Cliched Story
2)Sh!tty vfx
3)Crappy meaningless songs
BTW the vfx part was done by an Indian team :lol:

basically story of "krish" series is
Hrithik 1 is a retard,Alien named "Jaadu" touches him and gives him superpowers.Hrithik 1 bangs preity zinta and they have a kid
said kid is "Krish"(or Hritik 2) Hritik 2 also has super-powers,Hritik 2 wears an el-cheapo un-imaginative mask and saves the world from Nasseruddin Shah(if i remember correctly)

Dhoom 3 will be much more watchable considering it is an Aamir Khan film

Last edited:

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
+1. Hollywood is also getting unimaginative. Same single man saving the world from destruction in every movie. However, World War Z was a surprise and very well made for a zombie movie.

Just finished watching man of steel today ( Again a single man responsible for prevention of destruction of earth by a tyrant ) . Although there is a sense of deja vu, the film's non linear and laid back storyline appealed to me immensely and there was a strong emotional connection in many scenes. Although the film resorts to some cliches , it also innovated in many scenes. Bollywood on the other hand is 100% predictable.

Well , other Justice League members were not quite ready yet !

cyborg47

Technomancer
Is it? The few reviews i have read said the only positive thing in the movie was Ryan's performance

Do yourself a favor and stay away from the film, you'd only be embarrassing yourself if you watch it. The movie is beyond awful.

ishan99

Broken In

Yea bro totally agree.. Bollywood in 1 year only handful of movies are worth watching like this year Bhaag Milkha Bhaag was nice... really inspring movie
Hollywood: Only 3 so far.. Rush, Conjuring and Gravity..

cyborg47

Technomancer
Just finished watching man of steel today ( Again a single man responsible for prevention of destruction of earth by a tyrant ) .

Well, I won't go that far and give all the credit to Superman. The unsung heroes, Hardy, Hamilton and a bunch of US army dudes sacrificed themselves, and wiped out almost every Kryptonian on the planet except for Zod, who together could have easily stopped Superman with all their powers. So its more of a collaborated effort. Even Lois helped ;)

Flash

Lost in speed
1)Cheesy/Cliched Story
2)Sh!tty vfx
3)Crappy meaningless songs
BTW the vfx part was done by an Indian team :lol:

basically story of "krish" series is
Hrithik 1 is a retard,Alien named "Jaadu" touches him and gives him superpowers.Hrithik 1 bangs preity zinta and they have a kid
said kid is "Krish"(or Hritik 2) Hritik 2 also has super-powers,Hritik 2 wears an el-cheapo un-imaginative mask and saves the world from Nasseruddin Shah(if i remember correctly)
Even the 'Jaadu' itself a complete ripoff of E.T.alien..

*www.movieposterdb.com/posters/06_02/1982/0083866/l_91045_0083866_5acb1128.jpg*kaw.stb.s-msn.com/i/8E/FBBC3FC512E7350749C4E39989FF8.jpg

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Do yourself a favor and stay away from the film, you'd only be embarrassing yourself if you watch it. The movie is beyond awful.

The negative reviews have prevented me from seeing the movie but i want to know ryan's performance. I hope he can reprise hia role in justice league as im a fan of his

cyborg47

Technomancer
Hah, and Rakesh Roahan received an award which called him the most creative person in bollywood :p
I enjoyed Koi Mil Gaya and Krrish, but can't deny their plagiarism.

The negative reviews have prevented me from seeing the movie but i want to know ryan's performance. I hope he can reprise hia role in justice league as im a fan of his

His performance will surely embarrass you no matter what you think of him, it feels so uninspired and extremely pretentious, no wonder the movie was criticized as a 'wannabe Iron Man'. As for the entire movie, it left me with one question at the end, where did the 200 million go? Thor(the Green Lantern of the MCU, for me at least) was made under a budget far less than GL's and still came off as a better movie.
I don't know if he'll be back as GL in the JLA, I don't want him to but if he does, the writers/director will have a lot of things to fix.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I blame the success of such Bollywood crap to the change which today's youngsters are going through. But more on that later.
First thanks for this thread, for giving a chance to rant over today's state of Indian Cinemas.

Alright. So I am ready to throw some light on this belief.

So, everyone knows how today's youngsters are going through so many changes. Thanks to the sudden technological revolution and the heaps of jobs that came with it, youngsters today are becoming more ambitious. They are working hard, be it in call centers to earn money. Youngsters today are enjoying the recently acquired freedom. Be it the freedom of speech, freedom of adopting western culture and freedom to spend money as they desire.
Each of these things fuel many industries. And one such industry is of the film industry. Each of such people goes for movies which provides them "entertainment". Which provide them a viewpoint they can justify with their perverted minds. Or which provide them the justifications of spending money to look, "cool", and to justify their lavish lifestyles.

Today's Bollywood sorry films just provide them enough vulgarity, enough "cool" factor, and enough mindless entertainment to munch their months on and satisfy their appetite for what it looks them a "western" lifestyle. What they don't realize is that in fact, they are just wasting their time watching such movies that have no cultural impact or educational impact and no "experience" to gain from them whatsoever.

And until us youngsters, don't change our mindset towards the "quality" of a movie and learn to appreciate "real" stories, direction etc, we will keep fueling Bollywood (or any other such movies in India).

But, for most part, I believe this is just a phase in Indian cinema. Just like Govinda type movies were a phase. (not to offend any Govinda fans here). And this phase will pass some day, if not soon.

ishan99

Broken In
Alright. So I am ready to throw some light on this belief.

So, everyone knows how today's youngsters are going through so many changes. Thanks to the sudden technological revolution and the heaps of jobs that came with it, youngsters today are becoming more ambitious. They are working hard, be it in call centers to earn money. Youngsters today are enjoying the recently acquired freedom. Be it the freedom of speech, freedom of adopting western culture and freedom to spend money as they desire.
Each of these things fuel many industries. And one such industry is of the film industry. Each of such people goes for movies which provides them "entertainment". Which provide them a viewpoint they can justify with their perverted minds. Or which provide them the justifications of spending money to look, "cool", and to justify their lavish lifestyles.

Today's Bollywood sorry films just provide them enough vulgarity, enough "cool" factor, and enough mindless entertainment to munch their months on and satisfy their appetite for what it looks them a "western" lifestyle. What they don't realize is that in fact, they are just wasting their time watching such movies that have no cultural impact or educational impact and no "experience" to gain from them whatsoever.

And until us youngsters, don't change our mindset towards the "quality" of a movie and learn to appreciate "real" stories, direction etc, we will keep fueling Bollywood (or any other such movies in India).

But, for most part, I believe this is just a phase in Indian cinema. Just like Govinda type movies were a phase. (not to offend any Govinda fans here). And this phase will pass some day, if not soon.
Good 1 bro...................

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
That makes a lot of sense Vyom.

I do believe that bollywood is just a bubble waiting to explode.

sandeep410

Journeyman
In india no bubble is gona burst whether its bollywood or real estate. Bec india has huge population and you can always find suckers to feed with crap.
I will disagree with vyrom, if people wanted to get educated or get some cultural impact they would rather see some documentires or watch discovery channel. People go to movies to get entertained and movies provide that.

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
In india no bubble is gona burst whether its bollywood or real estate. Bec india has huge population and you can always find suckers to feed with crap.
I will disagree with vyrom, if people wanted to get educated or get some cultural impact they would rather see some documentires or watch discovery channel. People go to movies to get entertained and movies provide that.

Point hai boss

Hrishi

That makes a lot of sense Vyom.

I do believe that bollywood is just a bubble waiting to explode.
not sure , since more crap movies making into 100crore+ club . I see a different picture in this context.

yeah . A lot of th'm.
After all , I don't think many Indians give a sh1t about any good brainf**ing or good story/acting movie. All they want is some ka-boom stuff , with typical cheap jokes & comedy and full of stardom.

Viewers will have to redefine the meaning of entertainment and acting.

quagmire

Allllright !
Nicely put by vyom..

Looking at the current trend, the way movies with skin show, item songs, comedy with sexist dialogues are breaking box office records, I feel the such movies appealing to the 'frontbenchers' audience aren't going anywhere..

Top Bottom