Staff member
Admin
All Southies will collectively come to take a dump on this thread :lol:
They seemingly hate "Hindi" "North Yindia" and everything which has Hindi in It

Look at the video below....

The moment i saw the thread title i knew it would be of Desmond's creation:D

Amen.

The point of this thread is not crappy bollywood movies,it is
"Hurrr durr movies of my generation were better than the crap shown today hurr durrr"

There was crap before as well. Today it is more in-your-face than before and the stench is really getting noticeable.

1 : apart from a couple of actors/directors, most of them aim at earning profits than accolades.
2. Its the crowd. I don't know what happened to the audience, but most of them seem to enjoy these masala cr@ps. Its ok to enjoy/watch one of them once in a while, but unfortunately this genre( masala cr@p) seems to be the most favoured one.. :/ PArtially, we are also to be blamed for the decreasing movie quality in bollywood. :(

Even the award ceremonies are actually rigged. Whoever pays the most gets the prizes.

And like I mentioned before, everytime I watch a bollywood movie, everytime I am disappointed. Therefore, I don't really look forward to the movies that my friends suggest to go to for the weekend. Why they watch such movies, I can never comprehend.

Tollywood started all this physics defying BS.

[YOUTUBE]7cRs_nnhBe4[/YOUTUBE]

Lets assume this thread is dedicated to shitty movies all over india, including tollywood, mollywood, kollywood, bhojpuri-wood and god knows what else. Only shitty movies, I do not like to classify good movies as bollywood or its equivalent.

Edit : Who the hell came up with the name Bollywood anyway? The name itself sounds like a cheesy rip-off of Hollywood. What does it even mean?

ashs1

Padawan
All Southies will collectively come to take a dump on this thread :lol:
They seemingly hate "Hindi" "North Yindia" and everything which has Hindi in It

a rather lame & prejudiced/small-minded view.. Its not like only hindi films have such bad quality films.. a lot of movies across all regions have deteriorated in terms of quality...

quagmire

Allllright !
The Hereditary System of Influence of Power has a lot of role to play in India. Be it Indian politics , or Bollywood movies.
And that is one another reason behind making of such crap movies , featuring dumbest movie plots , crappiest acting by filthy rich and politically strong actors and media persons who have enough money to spend.
Whereas poor , struggling actors with authentic talent and ideas are left behind in the race.

This stupid admiration of such privilleged people , as stupid as it may seem to us , prevails a lot even in the highly educated section of our society including younsters.

On a serious Note : I get a lot of hatred by people around me , because I do not follow the mainstream crowd ( watching every other bollywod movie made by sharuk and salman ,etc and keeping a record of their feats.. dayum!!).
I feel sorry for those poor lads who waste their time watching and following such piece of Sh!tty movies , unaware of what's much better out there.

+1000.

Theres no place for real talent in Bollywood. Its the biggest example of rampant nepotism.

Take the movie 'Luck by Chance' for example. The whole the theme of the movie is to emphasise real talent over nepotism and 'person worship' while making the same mistake. Both the lead actor (Farhan Akhtar) and director (Zoya Akhtar) are son and daughter of Javed Akhtar. They could have given the opportunity to any upcoming actor.

About plagiarism in Bollywood:
Here you go, a list of around 250 movies : Some Famous "Inspired or copied" bollywood movies and their originals

I hope all bollywood 100cr club "members" go on a cruise and it sinks. At least that must make way for actors with real talent.

Flash

Lost in speed
Lets assume this thread is dedicated to shitty movies all over india, including tollywood, mollywood, kollywood, bhojpuri-wood and god knows what else. Only shitty movies, I do not like to classify good movies as bollywood or its equivalent.

Edit : Who the hell came up with the name Bollywood anyway? The name itself sounds like a cheesy rip-off of Hollywood. What does it even mean?
Well said.

As per wiki, Bollywood is the informal term popularly used for the Hindi-language film industry based in Mumbai (Bombay), Maharashtra, India.

Hrishi

The last movie , I could recall which was worth watching once was "Kahaani" featuring Vidya Balan.
Other than that I had a nightmare with movies in bollywood , like "Go Goa Gone." , it was like a Super Dafaq movie!

+1000.

Theres no place for real talent in Bollywood. Its the biggest example of rampant nepotism.

Take the movie 'Luck by Chance' for example. The whole the theme of the movie is to emphasise real talent over nepotism and 'person worship' while making the same mistake. Both the lead actor (Farhan Akhtar) and director (Zoya Akhtar) are son and daughter of Javed Akhtar. They could have given the opportunity to any upcoming actor.

About plagiarism in Bollywood:
Here you go, a list of around 250 movies : Some Famous "Inspired or copied" bollywood movies and their originals

I hope all bollywood 100cr club "members" go on a cruise and it sinks. At least that must make way for actors with real talent.
Yeah , exactly. Nepotism prevails in Bollywood and Politics.

cyborg47

Technomancer
Lame and money making movies are everywhere. Haven't you ever seen how bad people diss out movies like Transformers, twilight, etc? Its a good thing sometimes, keeps the industry running, though it does feel over abundant in bollywood right now.

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
a rather lame & prejudiced/small-minded view.. Its not like only hindi films have such bad quality films.. a lot of movies across all regions have deteriorated in terms of quality...

Yep.But for Southies it is their birthright to diss "Bollywood" films,even though even thier ''Tollywood'' suffer from the same stupidity :lol:
I actually prefer the term "Indian Film Industry" to "Bollywood"

Bollywood is fully plagiarized
1)The name Bollywood is plagiarized
2)The films are regularly plagiarized
3)the songs are plagiarized*cough*pritam*cough*Anu Malik*cough*

Flash

Lost in speed
Yep.But for Southies it is their birthright to diss "Bollywood" films,even though even thier ''Tollywood'' suffer from the same stupidity :lol:

I don't know why you want to differentiate people into Southies and Northies? There are lots of ppl who love other language films and songs too.
All love quality movies, irrespective of language and watch it with the subtitle, even though they can't understand what the characters speak.

There's no problem in remakes to other languages, if the filmmaker sought the right and can do a wonderful job in other language.
The film sucks (irrespective of tollywood/bollywood/kollywood/mollywood), when the filmmaker can't replicate what exactly they copied.

cyborg47

Technomancer

Remember the Lion King? Yeah, the highest grossing 2D animated movie ever, and dearly loved by millions of fans. It was shamelessly plagiarized from an Anime called Kimba the White Lion. Not that I'm defending bollywood, but that plagiarism is every where.

Formula:
1)Bikini wala scene
2)Dum wala (read : stupid ) dialogues
3)Overpowered hero
4)Kaam chalao story
5)Yo Yo honey sing wala song
6)Item dance
And we have a blockbuster.

moniker

Broken In

You are generalizing heavily here.. You might have encountered a few intellectually challenged internet warriors who might have dissed the Hindi film industry aka "Bollywood", doesn't mean it is the "Southies birthright".

I'm from the south myself and I feel the title of this thread shouldn't just be about being anti Bollywood but anti Indian cinema in general.

Top Bottom