AMD Bulldozer News and Discussion

MegaMind

Human Spambot
Guys, for your info.

The first wave of high-performance desktop systems AMD FX processor will make its appearance in stores on September 19 according to sources on the Internet.

Source

Omi

-=[-_-]=-
8100 or 8150 for 300$

AMD confirmed that either the FX-8150P or FX-8100 chip will cost approximately $300.

AMD Confirms Pricing of Eight-Core FX Processors: Approximately $300 - X-bit labs

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
hmmm, there was another news that retail availability will be from October... :?::?::?:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ no matter if it's Sept or oct - we will see that in local markets on nov/dec for sure - guys start ( who are interested ) planning to get it as a Christmas gift ;-)

mavihs

Techie By Heart
mostly till now all the AMD release have come at the same time as world wide release!!!
i.e. Thuban, Llano A8(Desktop), HD6000

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not exactly Bulldozer news, but might be interesting read. ;)

1. Maximum PC | Intel to Ship Sandy Bridge-E in November, Prevent Balls to the Wall Overclocking of Ivy Bridge

2. Exclusive: Sandy Bridge-E now expected to launch in November, X79 chipset getting further feature cuts by VR-Zone.com

We're also hearing that Intel is worried about AMD's FX processor refresh which should take place early next year, maybe not in terms of raw performance, but the company needs to have its platform out there to show that the company has yet another high-end platform ready to go. Make what you want of this, but to manage to meet the November deadline, Intel has cut further features from its X79 chipset.

If you remember the article from a couple of weeks ago which had the same diagram as the one above, we told you that Intel had gone from the server level Patsburg-D to the Patsburg-B level chipset for the X79. Well, now we're talking Patsburg-A, i.e. no SAS support at all. In other words, we're looking at a chipset very similar to Intel's current P67 chipset, as it will only sport two SATA 6Gbps ports and four SATA 3Gbps. This is starting to make it look less and less like that Intel will simply be able to "enable" these features by a software upgrade in the future and instead we can either look forward to a chipset revision or a new, more expensive chipset for the Waimea Bay platform.

And it doesn't stop there, we have more bad news with regards to the X79 chipset, but that's another story…

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
oh boy .. I'm smelling a bull fight ;-)

BTW, one of our forum member ( clear_lot ) is saying :

BD is confirmed to be released on 19 september.
- link

@ Skud - on your pic on post no. 518 - there's two BD cpu is going to be released on 19th sept - where from you get that image ?

can anyone confirm this ...

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Too bad Bulldozer is coming in mid-September. Most probably I'll be going to USA - late August. Might buy i7-2600k then.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
oh boy .. I'm smelling a bull fight ;-)

BTW, one of our forum member ( clear_lot ) is saying :

- link

@ Skud - on your pic on post no. 518 - there's two BD cpu is going to be released on 19th sept - where from you get that image ?

can anyone confirm this ...

I got it from here:-

AMD Bulldozer Launch in September Now Official, Two New 8 Core FX Processors to arrive in Q1 2012

D

Deleted member 118788

September Launch is official as stated in terms of condition on amd's contest website.

Omi

-=[-_-]=-
Not exact a bulldozer news, but surely a good news for all
Intel lines up 2500k/2600k price cuts to welcome FX | KitGuru

MatchBoxx

the m0nk who sold his PC!
Too bad Bulldozer is coming in mid-September. Most probably I'll be going to USA - late August. Might buy i7-2600k then.

lucky you! Those are cheap there (compared to here), but do you have to pay import duties and taxes to bring them with you here???

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
What AMD is really up to with their first line of Bulldozers? Now they are planning to ship a Antec Kühler H2O 620 or similar water-cooling solution with their octa-core BDs :shock::

AMD Considers Equipping FX Chips with Liquid-Cooling Solution - X-bit labs

Guess they are building something seriously good or seriously bad. At the very least, no more headache over RAM heatsink height. ;) But one line from the article I found pretty funny:

Both Advanced Micro Devices and Intel have been bundling rather powerful air cooling solutions with their chips for a number of years now.

AMD, I understand, but Intel? Powerful air cooling? :rofl:

Top Bottom