Amazon.in launched

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
ordered on 26th ( 11pm ) and recd on 28th. Packed via amazon, ( amazon fulfills ) packaging was good, great price and quick delivery with an itemized bill.

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
Thought give amazon.in a try. Ordered a book in the afternoon and they shipped it in the evening. That was pretty quick. Let's just see which courier they use.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
you must be living very near place from where the sourced the book and the Courier also works without much useless procedures .. anyway, congrats guys and there's Internal and extrenal HDD is up for sale on amazon.

BTW, I've question : is amazon working like a sellers platform like e-bay or actually they are involved in the selling of some products like flipkart ? From NoasArcAngel's info I can see they are selling products directly ( amazon packaging ) but one guy has a problem after buying a HDD through amazon by some other seller and amazon told him to directly contact the seller so asking actually what is amazon doing or it's a mixed platform for selling things like FK's new model ?

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
^^ from what I know most of the products, if not all, are not sold directly by amazon itself. Although it ships and packages many of the products itself but it doesn't stock them. I live in allahabad and the book has been shipped from Mumbai so it will take another 2-3 days to reach me but they did their part as quickly as they could and I am happy with it.I remember flipkart used to be the same. the thing is that as a customer monopoly is not a good thing. Flipkart had no competition and so it took a backseat as far as customer experience is concerned. I hope flipkart remains along with amazon in this e-tail sector as that will encourage both of them to serve their customers better.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
you must be living very near place from where the sourced the book and the Courier also works without much useless procedures .. anyway, congrats guys and there's Internal and extrenal HDD is up for sale on amazon.

BTW, I've question : is amazon working like a sellers platform like e-bay or actually they are involved in the selling of some products like flipkart ? From NoasArcAngel's info I can see they are selling products directly ( amazon packaging ) but one guy has a problem after buying a HDD through amazon by some other seller and amazon told him to directly contact the seller so asking actually what is amazon doing or it's a mixed platform for selling things like FK's new model ?

amazon has 2 variants. one is amazon fulfilled version where amazon is responsible for packaging and delivery for the product.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ from what I know most of the products, if not all, are not sold directly by amazon itself. Although it ships and packages many of the products itself but it doesn't stock them. I live in allahabad and the book has been shipped from Mumbai so it will take another 2-3 days to reach me but they did their part as quickly as they could and I am happy with it.I remember flipkart used to be the same. the thing is that as a customer monopoly is not a good thing. Flipkart had no competition and so it took a backseat as far as customer experience is concerned. I hope flipkart remains along with amazon in this e-tail sector as that will encourage both of them to serve their customers better.

amazon has 2 variants. one is amazon fulfilled version where amazon is responsible for packaging and delivery for the product.

now I got the picture somewhat but Amazn is responsible for the products packed and sold by Amazon ( even if they source it from somewhere else ) ?? and all other third party sellers selling their products through amazon with their own packaging is responsible for their sold products but we can contact amazon if any 3rd party seller is doing something wrong, right ?

Title of this thread should be updated? Since selling more than just books now.

Done ;-)

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
If the product is fulfilled by Amazon, the liability becomes Amazon's in case the item arrives damaged. For defective I think they work with the seller to get you a replacement.

In case of other marketplace sellers whose products are not fulfilled by amazon, Amazon will act as an intermediary between the purchaser and the seller. Basically they will receive the complaints or messages from you and forward them to the seller.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for the clarification guys @ NoasArcAngel @ Extreme Gamer and @ rohit32407.

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
wow mobiles ...so flipkart is facing heat.

btw guys what is amazon model of business here? i see every item has multiple seller/offers -
does it mean deleivery date depends on offer selected and no standard amazon policy?

is there a way to order samsung galaxy s2 earphone ? i don't find it.Any good alternate?

Gollum

Collector

btw guys what is amazon model of business here? i see every item has multiple seller/offers -
does it mean deleivery date depends on offer selected and no standard amazon policy?

is there a way to order samsung galaxy s2 earphone ? i don't find it.Any good alternate?
amazon is like e-bay but just anyone cannot sell there, that's my impression. I could be wrong.

Ayuclack

*qwich.in
I was About to Get This From Flipkart But it was Cheaper and Amazon and Lets see how is their Shipping and service (+ flipkart had 50 bucks Shipping )

*i.imgur.com/yG29wws.jpg

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
^ Shipping is very fast,Most of the time they dispatch withing 6-8 hours.Btw is it Amazon Fullfilled
Amazon vs Flipkart
Prices:More or less the same,but presently for books Amazon is better[Once they charge for shipping+COD,Flipkart will be little cheaper]
Packing:Just plastic covered book,put in cardboard box,Not bought any book recently from flipkart to comment on it's packing, but before they bubble wrapped it
Shipping:Equal

Amazon fullfilled is like
Seller-Amazon-Us

Broken In
Just Bought 2 Xolo Q1000 from amazon, It was some third party seller, got 1 phone on 3rd day of order and another after 5 days.
Felt like Amazon was just another market place like tradus, shopclues, etc.

gameranand

Living to Play
Prices are lower than FK which is a good thing. Now I have one more shop to browse if I want to buy something but the product range is not that large.

gameranand

Living to Play
Yeah its a mixed bag really. Competition will be stiff, as for now Snapdeal is offering quite good pricing for most products. :)

Top Bottom