Amazon.in launched

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
i have ordered a movie, they have really good collection of movies at dirt cheap price, and COD, no shipping charges as of now, so go and buy like mad.

i have good experience with Snapdeal, however never bought anythign from flipkart - they are very costly

will post a review on my experience with Amazon

Krow

Crowman
About FREE AmazonGlobal Saver Shipping

With FREE AmazonGlobal Saver Shipping, you receive free shipping to India and Singapore if your order includes at least $125 of qualifying merchandise, excluding the Import Fees Deposit, gift-wrap charges, duties, and taxes. Most products shipped using the AmazonGlobal Program that are sold by Amazon.com are eligible for AmazonGlobal Saver. Items 20 lb. or more, certain oversize items, e-documents, software downloads, music downloads and gift cards don't qualify.​

Canceling items, combining orders, or changing your shipping address, speed or preference might affect your order's AmazonGlobal Saver Shipping eligibility.

If your order doesn't qualify for AmazonGlobal Saver Shipping:
  • The order may contain ineligible items.
  • A special product, order, or handling fee may still apply.
  • An eligible item that was canceled brought the total below $125

Taking Advantage of FREE AmazonGlobal Saver

To take advantage of FREE AmazonGlobal Saver:

• Place at least $125 of eligible AmazonGlobal Saver products, excluding the Import Fees Deposit, in your Shopping Cart. All products shipped using the AmazonGlobal Program that are sold by Amazon.com are eligible for AmazonGlobal Saver, except for products weighing 20 pounds or more and certain oversized products.
  • Proceed to checkout.
  • Ship your items to a single address in India and Singapore.
  • Select "Group my items into as few shipments as possible" as your shipping preference.
  • Select AmazonGlobal Saver as your shipping speed. Your order will be delivered within 11-14 business days after all of your items are available to ship (including pre-order items).
  • Place your order, and enjoy the free shipping!
With this shipping option, we fulfill your order in a more cost-efficient way. This allows us to pass our savings on to you in the form of free shipping. While it might take some extra time to pack and ship your order, you'll still receive it within the estimated delivery time frame.

Amazon.com Message

ujjwal007

Lost in games
they have a lot of collection for movies :) and considerable cheap prices from flipkart
f off flipkart now! :D
I did really loved to have that beats headphone starting at 16k :p will buy it for around 10-12k

gameranand

Living to Play
This should pressurize FK to lower the prices, which would be better. I always want to but from a Indian Shop if I can. :)

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
wow i recived my package..... well it was well packed and COD..... received in just two days of ordering

Santa Maria!

Journeyman
I used Amazon India to buy a book and received it promptly.

Today I placed an international order on Amazon.com for the first time. Bought 2 3TB external drives for 6.7k a piece. Hope they arrive safely.

Santa Maria!

Journeyman
3tb & 6.7k ?? :shock:

Yeah :) Buying 1 would have cost 7.5, so I reluctantly bought 2 to avail the Amazon Global free shipping thingy.
Here's the link (but the price has changed now to $119. In the morning it was $99.)
Amazon.com: Seagate Backup Plus 3 TB USB 3.0 Desktop External Hard Drive (STCA3000101): Computers & Accessories

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
So you paid $99 but what about the import Fees Deposit ? is it included with $99 or you paid it separately ? And the package will arrive to the customs dept. and then you will have to get it from them or the package will directly reach your doorstep without any further interaction with any dept. ? Do keep us posted.

Santa Maria!

Journeyman
So you paid $99 but what about the import Fees Deposit ? is it included with $99 or you paid it separately ? And the package will arrive to the customs dept. and then you will have to get it from them or the package will directly reach your doorstep without any further interaction with any dept. ? Do keep us posted.

The import fees deposit were displayed separately on the checkout page and came out to be Rs. 837 for the total order. It was around Rs. 400 if I had only one item in my cart. My total order came out to be $213 or Rs. 13,451.59.
From what I've read (hope I'm not wrong), Amazon will handle all the hassles and I just have to sit back like a boss.

Here's what's being shown in my 'order details' page:

ALL ITEMS IN THIS ORDER ARE SOLD BY AMAZON EXPORT SALES, INC. (AES), UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED. BY PLACING YOUR ORDER, YOU AUTHORIZE AES TO DESIGNATE A CARRIER TO CLEAR THE PACKAGE AND PAY THE IMPORT FEES ON YOUR (OR THE RECIPIENT'S) BEHALF. CUSTOMS DECLARATIONS WILL BE MADE IN THE NAME AND ON THE BEHALF OF YOUR (OR THE RECIPIENT'S) BEHALF BY THE DESIGNATED CARRIER.

Krow

Crowman
The import fees deposit were displayed separately on the checkout page and came out to be Rs. 837 for the total order. It was around Rs. 400 if I had only one item in my cart. My total order came out to be $213 or Rs. 13,451.59.
From what I've read (hope I'm not wrong), Amazon will handle all the hassles and I just have to sit back like a boss.

ALL ITEMS IN THIS ORDER ARE SOLD BY AMAZON EXPORT SALES, INC. (AES), UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED. BY PLACING YOUR ORDER, YOU AUTHORIZE AES TO DESIGNATE A CARRIER TO CLEAR THE PACKAGE AND PAY THE IMPORT FEES ON YOUR (OR THE RECIPIENT'S) BEHALF. CUSTOMS DECLARATIONS WILL BE MADE IN THE NAME AND ON THE BEHALF OF YOUR (OR THE RECIPIENT'S) BEHALF BY THE DESIGNATED CARRIER.

Santa Maria! What an order! :mrgreen:

Let us know when you get it.

Gollum

Collector

Be prepared to get damaged/DOA HDD's
Who is the Courier. If its Aramex, then you are doomed...Like a BOSS

Edit: Your order is not even fulfilled by Amazon, so you wont even be covered by shipment damage or loss. Mate I am worried for you now.

*imageshack.us/a/img809/4241/tnjl.jpg
*imageshack.us/a/img109/6443/zcyy.jpg

Santa Maria!

Journeyman
Be prepared to get damaged/DOA HDD's
Who is the Courier. If its Aramex, then you are doomed...Like a BOSS

Edit: Your order is not even fulfilled by Amazon, so you wont even be covered by shipment damage or loss. Mate I am worried for you now.

*imageshack.us/a/img809/4241/tnjl.jpg
*imageshack.us/a/img109/6443/zcyy.jpg

Dammit man, why you gotta give me nightmares?
Also, strangely my account hasn't been debited with the order amount yet. Is this normal? Shipping date shows Jul. 22 -- today.

Top Bottom