Amazon.in launched

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
They've planned to launch the Kindle officially here. How are they going to work around the FDI regulations?

Flash

Lost in speed
If am right, Junglee.com is like a listing site of sellers, and the purchases will made at the seller's own site.
Now coming back, Amazon.in is like Indian version of Amazon and if FDI accepts, they will deal directly with the consumers.

BombayBoy

Journeyman
Junglee is nothing like amazon. It is like many of those pricelist services out there (like shopbot.au).

Junglee is a domain owned by Amazon. It was intended to be a marketplace like eBay. Now they've come in with their main portal. Amazon has also bought a stake in Snapdeal.

Last edited:

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
If am right, Junglee.com is like a listing site of sellers, and the purchases will made at the seller's own site.
Now coming back, Amazon.in is like Indian version of Amazon and if FDI accepts, they will deal directly with the consumers.

So now would they scrap Junglee.com?

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Junglee is a domain owned by Amazon. It was intended to be a marketplace like eBay. Now they've come in with their main portal. Amazon has also bought a stake in Snapdeal.

Junglee is not a marketplace. Yes, it is owned by amazon, but all amazon is doing is showing you the prices from various sites. They never had plans to make sales in Junglee. If you like something they will redirect you to the seller sites.

Their existing marketplace model in the various amazon websites is good enough, and is how amazon.in has started.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ any 3rd party courier or do they have their own delivery system like FK ?

BTW,hope they keeps this up when they add more products.

OP
V

Vignesh B

Youngling
^^ For me, they delivered through Blue-dart. As far as the delivery guy was concerned, he had no knowledge of any tie-up with Amazon. One of my neighbour also got his book delivered through Blue-dart only.

DDIF

Custom User Title
what courier service did they use?
Thanks.
I ordered 5 books and they were delivered via FedEx, though FedEx delivary is slow in my area compared to BlueDart.

^^ For me, they delivered through Blue-dart. As far as the delivery guy was concerned, he had no knowledge of any tie-up with Amazon. One of my neighbour also got his book delivered through Blue-dart only.
I hope next time they will send my orders via BlueDart too.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
So Amazon mostly relies on BlueDart and some other reputed 3rd parties for shipping .. that's good but better would be if they can launch their own courier service like FK which has the best tracking update I've seen so far .. BD's tracking never worked for me.

Top Bottom