All the Far Cry and Crysis posts here

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Hey, I am stuck in one level. I am playing in the 4th highest difficulty setting. I am in the level after factory (I do not remember the name) but at the beginning of the level, I am only with the M4 assault rifle and 10 rounds of bullets and scores of mutants and fatboys around. I simply cannot escape their attention as I think the best strategy would be not to engage them but run like hell.

Can anyone guide me?

Third Eye

gooby pls
Next gen consoles are not powerful enough to run crysis..PC rules.source below.

*news.teamxbox.com/xbox/11651/Crytek-Next-Gen-Consoles-Are-Too-Weak-for-Crysis/

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
it is true , see the ps3 thread in this forum , i had posted abt this there , in a E3 interview with mtv(gametrailers.com) crysis head said that crysis is too much for the nex gen consoles and Pc is the true nex gen .

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=296695&postcount=11

Last edited:
OP
ionicsachin

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
Cry sis uses Cryengine 2 with advanced features like HDR+boom, Depth of Field, Shader model 3, DX10 instructions.... If any body wants at least 1/4th of the glory at least ( i said at least) 1 GB Ram and overclocked 6600GT.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
According to me the requirements should be like this if you want to use only Dx 9 features:

640*480/800*600 low to lowest
Amd Athlon XP 2500 or up
512-1GB RAM
Geforce 6600 or better

1024*768 low to med or low
AMD 64 @ 2GHz or higher
1GB RAM or more
Geforce 6800 better, 6600GT comes close

1024*768 Med or higher than med
AMD 64 @ 2-2.2GHz
1-2GB RAM
Geforce 7600GT level or 6800Ultra

1024*768 High to max
AMD 64 @ 2.4GHz or higher, dual core prefered
2GB RAM
Geforce 7800GT/7900GT or better

1024*768/1280*1024 MAX
AMD 64, atleast 2.4-2.6GHz, dual core should give huge benefits
2GB RAM or more
Radeon X1900XT or better

all this is without AA. and may or may not be with AF either.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
How did they create the game so as to make use of DX10 when its not even finished nd no hardware meets its requirements by now???Might be some kinda patch like the older FC1.3

sysrq

Banned
DX10 features are emulated on dx9 hardware during development, i think!
also they earned alot from farcry , so they might be able to get some dx10 prototyps with "shapath patra" for not disclosing detail in public ,from companies[nv,ati], o_O .[wierd thinking]

sysrq

Banned
*www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200608/N06.0830.2058.31148.htm

actually they have actual DX10 hardware prototype

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
I was literally shocked at the announcement that Next Gen consoles simplay lack the power to play CRYSIS !!!!

*incrysis.com/crysis/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=132&Itemid=2

:-o :-o

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
I Totally agree with ionicsachin about FarCry being one of the best games of this decades. Here is a small tip that'll work as good as a cheat code (I fiddled around with it for some time as I couldn't complete the game even after a month...please don't laugh...I'm almost 40 years old so I'm not as good you young folk at these games).

Go to FarCry>Scripts>AI>Characters>Personalities and than remove any of the notpads there and paste it outside the FarCry game folder where you can remember so you can replace it when you want it.

I removed mutantrear notepad and a few others related to the mutants and none of the mutants attacked me in the game but they still present in the game...same goes for the dangerous invisible mutants.

You can do this to get a hang of the area and than replace the notepads to make the game exciting with all the deddly mutant and the rest.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
If you are playing on the hardest difficulty, do not use any cheats. when u complete the game without cheats on that mode its a big achievement :p makes u feel good.

Stalker

Padawan
*pc.gamespy.com/pc/ea-crytek-title-untitled-project/728480p1.html

well, if the next gen consoles don't have the power to run crysis, why was Farcry : instincts predator, Instincts evolution not released for pc??

OP
ionicsachin

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
I am still confused with the next gen thing. They say that Sli of 7950 having much memory would help out i think that no card of the series supports DX 10 instrucrion set. I tried out myself with the new DX SDK and wherever their were DX 10 features an eror was given.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Stalker said:
*pc.gamespy.com/pc/ea-crytek-title-untitled-project/728480p1.html

well, if the next gen consoles don't have the power to run crysis, why was Farcry : instincts predator, Instincts evolution not released for pc??

Consoles need some Exclusive titles to increase sales , Instincts was xbox exclusive like wwf titles are console exlusives. If you want to play instincts buy an xbox, that's what the idea is abt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom