All the Far Cry and Crysis posts here

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
ionicsachin

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
Thanks man i didnt have that info.
But the HDR is surely in its beta stage.
My information was after release of Far Cry 1.33 pre release patch. At that time these all game were absent.
Anyways sorry man.

OP
ionicsachin

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
First off, download the cheat enabler from *www.actiontrip.com/cheats/farcry.phtml and unpack the DevMode.lua file to the main FarCry directory overwritting other file (make a backup of it!).

Now you need to modify your desktop shortcut. Right click on the Far Cry icon on your desktop, select properties and a new screen should pop up. Add the " -DEVMODE" parameter (without the quotes) at the end of the target field so it looks similar to this:

"C:\Program Files\UBISOFT\Crytek\Far Cry\Bin32\FarCry.exe" -DEVMODE

Click Apply to save the changes and run the game using that shortcut. All levels will be unlocked and you'll be able to use the following buttons:

[F1] - Toggles first/third-person camera modes
[F2] - Move to next checkpoint
[F3] - Spawn point
[F4] - Toggle no-clip mode
[F5] - Default speed
[F9] - Save current position
[F10] - Load current position
[F11] - Toggle extra information
[=] - Increase speed
[-] - Decrease speed
[BackSpace] - Toggle God mode (if it doesn't work for you use the God mode cheat from below)
o - Gives 999 ammo
p - Gives all weapons

On that page you can find even more cheats
But play the game without cheats than yo'll enjoy it.

OP
ionicsachin

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
For tarey_g:- Look here they clearly said that HDR is in beta stage
*www.elitebastards.com/page.php?pageid=7594&head=1&comments=1
Though at link mentioned by you it is given but HDR and bloom and overbright have the same technology behind them.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Dude , i read that page . The hdr rendering thing 'for farcry' is in beta stage not HDR as a whole is in beta stage.

Normal map compression and HDR support are both currently in the beta stages, and thus need to be enabled from the console or command-line shortcuts.

and HDR bloom may produce similar(not same) results , but HDR) lighting is a form of lighting effect which dynamically alters based on the way it interacts with various objects and surfaces, as well as the environment in which the light source is portrayed.. Bloom is a lighting effect alters the appearance of lighting in an attempt to make it seem more realistic. However unlike HDR, bloom is less dynamic and less realistic. Bloom is a lot less graphically intensive than HDR lighting.

Holy_fat_man

Broken In
Far cry problem

Hey
i got a prob here.the game installs fine,but when i wanna play it it say"cannot find default.xml"(wrong working folder?)
my friends tell me this is coz i got a fake.
is this true?

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
vmp_vivek said:
^^ LOL. By the way, I doubt even on 7800 GTX to play Crysis smooooothly, only 7900 GTX 512 MB can run it efficiently for sure. :)

Acc to gamespot forums, the E3 demo of Crysis was done on a 7800 GTX SLi system with Directx10 emulation mode (under Dx 9.0) and resulted in 8-16 FPS will full Dx10 glory. So, to play it with full glory.. be ready to upgrade to the Dx10 complaint nvidia G80s and Ati R600s with Windows Vista running. Though Directx9.0 is suported in the game.

OP
ionicsachin

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
The times which are coming ahead are really high end. 6 series of GeForce will soon go into oblivion. Before 256-512MB RAM was considered good. Now they talk abt 2GB RAM. I suppose games will start coming directly on mini Hard disks because of enormous size.
Well most of the Indian games Freaks use 5950U, 6600GT, 6800GT. They will definitelry have to turn off all the eye candy and play in the "good" old(comparative to Crysis) Far Cry kind of graphics.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Personally,I would rather pass with Far Cry's HDR capabilities as it is better left alone without any HDR.It has ample potential to render beautiful light emulation.The thing I noticed when HDR values were increased in Far Cry was the Sun light became a bit wierd.On a whole the HDR concept hasn't yet clicked with everyone as a major leap in natural light emulation.Even in Seriosu Sam 2's engine the light fractions were rendered exotically without the slightest bit of HDR setting added to it.:cool:

OP
ionicsachin

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
allwyndlima is right. The HDR in Far Cry is just having one plus point : - Improved contrast in water and all.
But the negative effects are many. If you get under a tree shadow and look down, everything around you becomes excessive bright.
Many places the sea sand becomes very bright that we cant even see sand texture on it.
Also HDR doubles loading time and halves the FPS.

OP
ionicsachin

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
Man once again the Far Cry forum has gone down. Please people put it up. After all it is the best game till date.

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
n.regmi said:
i know farcry graphics is great but is the gameplay as good?

wat u all guys r talking abt ?? :-o LOL !!! hv ne1 of u ever played Far Cry actually ?? Its AI is legendary and the game is brilliant and one of the best FPS out 4 PC ever !!!

Refer to the "Toughest Games" thread !!! Almost all persons agreed unequivocally thr !!!

liquid_nitrogen88

Journeyman
rockthegod said:
wat u all guys r talking abt ?? :-o LOL !!! hv ne1 of u ever played Far Cry actually ?? Its AI is legendary and the game is brilliant and one of the best FPS out 4 PC ever !!!

Refer to the "Toughest Games" thread !!! Almost all persons agreed unequivocally thr !!!

Amen! :)

hellrider

Broken In
tech_mastermind said:
Farcry AI is dumb,but the graphics are awesome.

U musta never played that game more than an hour, how can ya say Farcry's AI is dumb, the AI's legendary coz of its aggressiveness & adaptiveness according to environment, the AI uses environment according to game situation which other games lacks to do!!

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
From the 14 Min Real Time gameplay video CAM print (*incrysis.com/), I conclude that CRYSIS will posses the most difficult gameplay mode any FPS has ever seen. Apart from that, the fact tht the gameplay will dynamically vary each time the same mode is playd !! Extreme AI, Dense Jungles, Extreme Realistic Environments coupled with dynamic gameplay .... man if this game does not feature a QUICK SAVE mode unlike FarCry, then I guess how much time of the players will this game consume to finish !!! :-o :) :)

It took me almost 3 months to finish Far Cry in highest Difficulty Mode w/o ne types of cheats !!! :(

Read this good article regarding DIRECTX 10. its Nice and Informative.
*www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1697,1989814,00.asp

Last edited:

Third Eye

gooby pls
hellrider said:
U musta never played that game more than an hour, how can ya say Farcry's AI is dumb, the AI's legendary coz of its aggressiveness & adaptiveness according to environment, the AI uses environment according to game situation which other games lacks to do!!

farcry AI is dumb.sometimes monster didn't kill me even i approach them so near.the baddies are idiot and runs like cows.it is a true fact.i don't say the game is bad but it is the one of the best looking game(greater than hl2).i ended this game 7 times and who says that i never played it.but AI is not so good atleast in my point of view.

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
Must be a game glitch or error or hardware inefficiency (low Processor capability so that game AI is scaled down)

OR

U are a FPS god !!! Becoz such intelligent bots seemed dumb 2 u !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom