All the Far Cry and Crysis posts here

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
tech_mastermind said:
farcry AI is dumb.sometimes monster didn't kill me even i approach them so near.the baddies are idiot and runs like cows.it is a true fact.i don't say the game is bad but it is the one of the best looking game(greater than hl2).i ended this game 7 times and who says that i never played it.but AI is not so good atleast in my point of view.

If u say Farcry AI is dumb,then u must have played a game with better AI than it at the time(or before) farcry was released , i'd like to know .

Third Eye

gooby pls
liquid_nitrogen88 said:
False/Joke of the year/Dumbest opinion in this forum

True.... 100%

i think you are not a hardcore gamer coz you are not able to detect it's AI.farcry is the best game after fear and i too loved it more than hl2.but i don't like it's AI.i don't want to talk much over farcry now.

OP
ionicsachin

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
tech_mastermind said:
i think you are not a hardcore gamer coz you are not able to detect it's AI.farcry is the best game after fear and i too loved it more than hl2.but i don't like it's AI.i don't want to talk much over farcry now.

Hey man, i think the pc u use is low on physics ir the processor is slow. Or u might have been playing a pirated version which cannot be updated.
Far Cry is the very best till F.E.A.R. in Physics despite of the fact that there was nothing like Physx card at the time of Far Cry's creation.
Check this out.
*www.google.co.in/search?hl=en&sa=X...lt&cd=1&q=Physics+and+A.I.+in+Far+cry&spell=1
Everybody, i repeat everybody accepts that Farcry Has excellent physics and A.I.

tech_mastermind said:

And there are many more than u who r saying that FC has excellent A.I. I think u have grown excess hardcore. Come down.
And that too u have finished the game 7 times. You must have been knowing very well about the game. But its opposite. Implies u might be lying or using cheats. Isn't it??

Last edited:

liquid_nitrogen88

Journeyman
tech_mastermind said:
tech_mastermind said:
i think you are not a hardcore gamer
i cant help it
tech_mastermind said:
coz you are not able to detect it's AI.
Confused?I have detected its AI n is impressed with it.I think its u who r not able to detect it as u tell me its dumb.
tech_mastermind said:
farcry is the best game after fear
u contradict urself...how can a game with a dumb AI b the best game???
tech_mastermind said:
i too loved it more than hl2.
i am confused.....u like it because its AI is dumb???
tech_mastermind said:
i don't want to talk much over farcry now.[/
ok pal....as u wish.....

Third Eye

gooby pls
@ionicsachin:let me tell you first that farcry is my first game that i played on my newly upgraded PC with all the eye candy on,it got it free with my XFX card (DVD version).i am using a good processor(intel pentium 3.0 ghz with 2mb l2cache and ht support).i like the game but not it's AI.it is hl2 which rox in AI.

@liquid_nitrogen88:i like the game because of it's great storyline,physics,and graphics.i have noticed in the game that sometime baddies look up in the air without any reason.ok it's all over finish it now.i love the game.

Third Eye

gooby pls
ionicsachin said:
tech_mastermind : - By the way which XFX card gives FC DVD Free.

XFX 6600gt 256 which i buy in nov. 2005.other games are moto gp 2 n X2. xfx cards are the best,they are underrated just like Opera.

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
yeah.... thtz tru btw, even my XFX 6800 GT came with Far Cry DVD and Chronicles of Riddick: EFBB DVD. :)

But tech_mastermind, thr must be sum other reason tht u r not able to experience the extreme AI of the game. Did u upgrade to the latest 1.2/1.3/1.33 patches ? If not then do it and replay the game in higher difficulties. Evryone has been smitten by the xcellent AI... if u dudn't xperience it then then thr must be sum other prob....rite ??

Third Eye

gooby pls
i play medium setting and yes the game is patched to the latest version.plz guys i don't want to talk about farcry AI now.without patching the game looks ****.

sysrq

Banned
perhaps that guy want to feel HAVOK in farcry, or trying to say indirectly that havok is better then crytek's physics\AI engine.

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
I am not quite sure of this but I think that HAVOK is only a PhysFX engine ... and not related to AI !!! Please clarify me if i am wrong !!!

sysrq

Banned
ok!
Havok does provide solutions for "continuous blending of game-physics with a broad range of powerful animation"
so gameAI relates to physics engines, any how game play and satisfaction does combine them,
perhaps some time,
bad AI+bad physFX sucks,
good AI+bad physFX gives frustration,
bad/avg AI+good physFX leave u unsatisfied,
good AI+good physFX "good gameplay;challange;satisfaction"

also a quote from wiki:
Since game AI is centered on appearance of intelligence and good gameplay, it is very different in approach to traditional AI; hacks and cheats are acceptable and, in many cases, the computer abilities must be toned down to give human players a sense of fairness, especially on FPS games, where perfect movement and aiming is beyond human skill.
that is the reason tech_mastermind feeling "lag" with npc's in FarCry.Cause AI is tonned down intentionally.

Last edited:
OP
ionicsachin

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
Well has anyone seen the new Footages released on incrysis.com and also if u have any good links to crysis wallpapers please send

shashank4u

Youngling
well farcry is a nice game,i have now got my hands on it i am gonna to
to end it in 1-2 days.
day-5 and i m presently at factory 2nd save point.(normal mode and without cheats )
i just wanna to know how many stages are left.
and about a.i , its developing .
made by humans only ,what u can expect from it.

sysrq

Banned
and for humans right! btw there is the existence of AI in our world that can defeat
topclass chess players, also as i quoted b4 gameAI is very defferent than traditional AI, as far developers are concerned ,it's not processing power or lack coding knowledge bound them, it is human skill,ability[some time development process] that bound them as they want to make u feel that u r not cheated by pc's processing power, so some flaws are left behind.
so ignoring them preferrable!
i hope crysis would give more agressive AI with verying more levels of hardness, so that every one could find there match.

Last edited:

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
shashank4u said:
well farcry is a nice game,i have now got my hands on it i am gonna to
to end it in 1-2 days.
day-5 and i m presently at factory 2nd save point.(normal mode and without cheats )
i just wanna to know how many stages are left.
and about a.i , its developing .
made by humans only ,what u can expect from it.

what did u meant by *normal* mode ?? play the damn game @ least @ hard level to fully appreciate wat its AI does !!!

and 2 more levels left 4 u ... !!!!

shashank4u

Youngling
ended Farcry today , and also played the last lavel at full difficuilty mode ,
its not too different from normal mode.
killing the scientist ends the game,and what abt the antidote.
gud game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom