All the Far Cry and Crysis posts here

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I just played the demo of Far Cry, but got disappointed with the performance. My system crosses the recomemded config given for Far Cry.
My sysconfig is P4 520 (2.8 Ghz) HT , 768 MB RAM and nVidia 7300 GT based 256MB card. I have the latest drivers installed.

Third Eye

gooby pls
charangk said:
I just played the demo of Far Cry, but got disappointed with the performance. My system crosses the recomemded config given for Far Cry.
My sysconfig is P4 520 (2.8 Ghz) HT , 768 MB RAM and nVidia 7300 GT based 256MB card. I have the latest drivers installed.

Thats because of your video card.:rolleyes:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Tech Genius said:
Thats because of your video card.:rolleyes:
Recommend:
-Supported OS: Windows 98SE/2000/XP (only)
-AMD Athlon 2400 or Pentium 4 2 GHz
-512 MB of RAM
-Video Card: 128 MB GeForce 4 128 MB; ATI Radeon 9500
-Sound Card: Sound Blaster Audigy series
-DirectX 9.0b
-CD-ROM: 8x-16x DVD or 32x CD-ROM
-4 GB of free Harddrive space
-Multiplayer: Broadband with 64 Kbps upstream to play (512 Kbps
upstream to host 8 players)

7300 GT is way better than the recomended card right?

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
ok did some tests with the demo .. In medium settings I get 30 FPS .. in combat .. drops to 9 :mad:

EDIT: I get really good FPS when I play F.E.A.R

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
charangk said:
ok did some tests with the demo .. In medium settings I get 30 FPS .. in combat .. drops to 9 :mad:

EDIT: I get really good FPS when I play F.E.A.R
@charangk my old system had a Chaintech Geforce 6600 which had uderclocked ram speed.But i was able to play farcry at the highest settings on 1024*768.Also i was using that card on AGP 4x(not 8x)which really bottlenecked the card,the processor used also very poor an ATHLON XP 2400+.Ur 7300GT coupled with pentium 4 2.8Ghz HT is better than my Geforce 6600.You should get better performance.Did u apply the latest patch for Farcry.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^^ hmm patch .. does Far cry demo have a patch? I am currently evaluating my GFX subsystem only with game demos. It doesnt make sense for me to go for full version without knowing a game will perform or not.

I will check if patches are available for FAR cry Demo.

Last edited:

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
charangk said:
^^^ hmm patch .. does Far cry demo have a patch? I am currently evaluating my GFX subsystem only with game demos. It doesnt make sense for me to go for full version without knowing a game will perform or not.

I will check if patches are available for FAR cry Demo.
I thought u were playing the full game.BTW farcry initially had many bugs most related to graphics.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^ In that case I will download the full version. Its available for free :D . *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67049

Third Eye

gooby pls
SPOnG - Alex Werner interview

Gamespot - 3 Videos

View "Frost" video
View "Speedboat" video
View "Combat" video

Last edited:

Third Eye

gooby pls
CryENGINE™ 2 - Specifications(Yeah,cryengine 2)

*www.crytek.com/technology/cryengine-2/specifications.html

Community Q&A with Bernd Diemer (Crysis Senior Game Designer)

A guy just played Crysis in GS ASIA 2007.He says Crysis has no ragdoll effect in dead bodies.More screens and videos.

*www.incrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=8204

Last edited:

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
When this game gets released i'll try to get hands on it pretty soon and will try to finish it in a day.I want to review it here at thinkdigit in the reviews section.

Third Eye

gooby pls
So far,i think this is the best looking game engine.

Harvik780 said:
When this game gets released i'll try to get hands on it pretty soon and will try to finish it in a day.I want to review it here at thinkdigit in the reviews section.

This game has 10 hours of gameplay,i am sure most people will finish it one day.

Last edited:

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Third Eye said:
This game has 10 hours of gameplay,i am sure most people will finish it one day.
Few people in India try to complete games on the day they are released but i think it's madness,abroad its a different approach altogether,many people do that.I have completed gears of war the day i got my hands on it but not the day it was released.

Edit: u would be happy to know that @charan's problem was solved.His graphics card wasn't the problem but mismatching ram modules.

After reading the posts on the incrysis forum i have decided to go for another Geforce 8800 GTS 640MB.

Have u people seen these video-

*www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8pjapPLdxs

*www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDK8VySlYiU

Last edited:

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
I am asking this question for one of my friend

He want to play Far cry, but his system is underpowered amd athhlon2000 with geforce 64mb graphics card and 512mb ddr.
Now he wants to buy a Agp 8x graphics card to play this game only.....what will be the cheapest solution....will a geforce 6200 card run this game at maximum level at 800X600 resolution? or wt abt geforce fx 5200...he only needs a secondhand one since he is not interested in other games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom