All the Far Cry and Crysis posts here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stalker

Padawan
CRYSIS E3 Footage
featuring Jeep using NOS (nitrous).....lol:p (after 0.46 sec of play)
could be competition to Pro-Street:eek::D:D

what was crytek thinking?:rolleyes:

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
Whoa.. just read this article from gamespot.. an interview of Crytek president Cevat Yerli about Crysis... look at the quote... :eek:

Here: *www.gamespot.com/pc/action/crysis/...topslot;title;2&om_act=convert&om_clk=topslot

CY: At E3, we were running on a [GeForce] 8800 video card and a dual-core Intel [CPU]with 4 gigabytes of RAM at very high settings. Not the highest, though! Most of the time, it was running smoothly.

Notable points: "NOT THE HIGHEST !!!" (even at 4 GB RAM)
"MOST OF THE TIME"... well lagging fps even with a 8800 .... hmmm.. seems 9xx Sli with 4 GB RAM is a must for ultra high settings !!!! :eek:

Third Eye

gooby pls
PC - Crysis Dated. New Countdown Trailer Inside!

Crytek has finally dated their sharp looking sci-fi shooter, Crysis. The game's publisher says it ships for the PC on November 16th. PC Gamers and sci-fi shooter fans should keep in mind that a special edition of the game has also been announced. However, no details on the contents of this respective edition have been released.....

*news.softpedia.com/news/PC-Cryis-Dated-New-Countdown-Trailer-Inside-61857.shtml

cynosure

UbuntuUser
@rockthegod: There was this TV interview with the CEO/Director of Crytek.
After the footage the specs were shown on screen.
It was a dual core with 2GB of RAM.
This is the main confusion as I read the same article too.
I dont have the link right now but I saw it on youtube.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Tech Genius said:
Crysis has turtles.

*www.ultimonivel.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=972&Itemid=44
I think they were playing at highest/ultra settings on directX 10.Somehow i managed to get the impression that the footage of Crysis at E3 2007 was a bit dull maybe because it was played on DirectX 9 with some eyecandy turned off.The pics are off top quality on that page u mentioned.They are a treat to the eyes.

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
yup.... nice link @ Techgenius

@cynosure: if u again find that link please post here... I was also a little sceptical (with the 4 GB Ram issue).

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Crysis Beta details released
Thursday 16-Aug-2007 4:03 PM GameSpy providing behind-the scenes- technology

Online gaming firm GameSpy will be injecting the highly anticipated Crysis with its multiplayer technology and hosting a beta for the FPS.

Crytek's Crysis is one of the most anticipated games for the holidays, and GameSpy is helping out with the finishing touches as it brings the game's beta to anxious gamers, reports Next-Gen.

The beta test program will be available at FilePlanet at an undisclosed date. Crysis, published by Electronic Arts, is slated to ship in November.

Aside from the beta, Crysis will be incorporating GameSpy's multiplayer features, which include community elements, player profile and game stats.

*www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=170281

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
OMG .. I didnot know such a thread was running :shock: .. finally found it today :grin:

@Tech can u check the first link ?

Phew watched lots of videos. I am just speech less.. No wonder we have to buy genuine copy of games, I can see the effort put into this masterpiece. time for me to download HD Videos ;) Links pls :)

Last edited:

Stalker

Padawan
SP Demo on 25th Sept!!

Great news from Crytek today! Crytek Community Manager Alexander Marschal sent a word that the Crysis single player demo is only a month away! What an awesome way to start a Monday!

The Countdown to Crysis Continues:

Single Player Demo - 25.09.07

PC gamers now have a reason to mark a big circle around September 25th on their calendars as the single player demo for Crysis will be lighting up rigs worldwide in just 30 days.

Consisting of the entire first level in Crysis’ epic single player campaign, "Contact", gamers will get to finally experience first-hand the stunning visuals, revolutionary Nanosuit gameplay and open-ended level design that make Crysis one of the most anticipated shooters and PC games of all time. The demo is also poised to include a huge surprise from Crytek.

Crysis is coming off award-winning showings at the German Games Convention, picking up Best PC Game of GC honors from the panel of experts judging the show and from E3, where it also won the Game Critics Awards Best PC Game of E3 2007. The countdown to Crysis ends on November 16, 2007.

EDIT : DEMO DELAYED TO OCTOBER 26

SOURCE: INCRYSIS

Last edited:

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Well i might have some bad news for u all.It seems that most footage that were given recently were from Dx9 and the vegetation and lightning really did not impress me compared to the DirectX 10 footage still its far better than other DirectX 9 games.It seems that they want to attract more customers from the DirectX 9 segment as its more than 98% of the total gamer community.

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
:D :D :D ...... but yeah... quite possible.... someone discarded their old 500 MB hard disks !!!! :D I still have a very old 1.2 GB HDD in working condition....

quan chi

mortal kombat
greetings friends.
well i have a problem in far cry.at the initial stages everything is ok.but when the game comes to the island part almost everything goes blue.only huts and small plants can be seen rest all blue.

i have intel onboard 128mb graphics.my friend also has that but he only has problem in water.rest he can see well.
well as i am a dial up user is there any small patch which can solve my problem.
please reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom