All Metalheads here

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
What I have been listening to lately. I never knew Max Cavalera was in this band.

Edit : Sam Dunn's Metal Evolution Family Tree :

*i.imgur.com/4vKZbNC.jpg

nims11

BIOS Terminator
Found this weird band called cult of fire from Czech Republic. Their songs are titled in Hindi :p :eek:
See the description: Cult Of Fire -
Don't know what they sing about. Sound too black to follow... They seem to be into Kaali and stuffs and using google translate for getting titles (come on, even we can't make out what half of those titles mean!)

setanjan123

In the zone
It is hard to recommend a specific album. All the albums have good and bad tracks. The early albums ie victory songs, iron and ensiferum are gr8. From afar and unsung heroes are ok but still have sm gr8 tracks. My favourites:- victory song, lai lai hei, old man, smoking ruins, stone cold metal,iron,burning leaves among others.

Any1 into wintersun here. Have listend 2 only sons of winter and stars. Jari maenpaa rocks.

nims11

BIOS Terminator
Few of my fav ensiferum tracks apart from what you said are: Battle Song, Into the Battle, Wanderer, The treacherous gods, Windrider, etc etc, long list

I have listened to couple of wintersun tracks, will try them properly one day.

setanjan123

In the zone
@nims those tracks you listed i like them too. The thing is that almst all the songs r gr8 so long list heh! A little help. Want a viking metal band sounding similar 2 ensiferum ie that gr8 blend of melody and heavyness/brutalness bt with a little more meaningful lyrics than "yeah we are vikings. We drink whiskey and go to battle etc lol". Any suggestions?p.s listened to that cult of fire track u posted. Pretty good sounding stuff considering its my 1st black metal song. Cnt undrstnd what they are sayin tho. Any black metal veterans here. A little help for a bloke who cant enjoy raw death metal(melodeath is ok as in CoB). Im thinking abt melodic black metal. Btw i dnt like symphonic metal that much.

Last edited:

nims11

BIOS Terminator
^ Viking and Folk metal bands sing about the same stuffs like war, gods, etc. You may try Amon Amarth (Death metal with viking/norse influence, heavier than ensiferum but they produce really amazing stuff), Eluveitie (More folk-ish than ensiferum, with use of weird instruments but good music nonetheless. few of their songs are in Gaulish language but worth listening), Finntroll (Folk metal with blackish influence. all their songs are mostly in swedish), korpiklaani (They are more of a fun folk metal band most of whose songs are about alcohols).

Can't suggest much in black metal. Am trying Death in death metal. In melodeath, try Norther and Dark Tranquillity.

setanjan123

In the zone
Eluveitie is the band i got into b4 ensiferum. 4 a mmnt i thought i had found the perfect combo of melody and brutality. Bt then i got to knw ensiferum heh. Guess i like the viking style more than celtic. Got a album helvetios. Will give thm a proper listen smday. Finntroll im really interestd in. Heard trollhammeren. Any suggestions. All the other bands ive heard bt never tried. Will try em very soon. Thx for rplyng.

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
I tried to listen a few of the recent videos here (few posts back & on prev. page). I like the music but I can't bring myself to like the vocals.

Here's something by my taste.

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
Listening to Death Symbolic,much better production tham human and backing guitars are prominant.more chugga riffs.

Top Bottom