All Metalheads here

XTerminator

Welbeck fan :D
Re: Is Rock Culture on its verge of extinction ????

Though I like bands like Kalmah and Children of Bodom

though kalmah can be classified as melodeath,bands like CoB,Norther are Finnish Power Metal

Krow

Crowman

^enthrone.. by dimmu is a great listen

power can be a little too gayish for most people, but metalcore is teh shiz

imo (metal)musical progression should be in this order nu-metal-->mainstream metalcore--->thrash-->finnish power-->power metal-->folk-->melodeath-->doom-->progressive--->symphonic black-->death--->real black

*shouldnt skip beyond folk and should dig atleast 3/5 previous genres

after that you are ready to dig all other obscure metal subgenres which basically rule hard and are really 21st century metal

Hello Melwyn. :)

Can someone give me a list of bands I should listen to. I am getting confused by all this continuous list of unheard of names. Ok, I agree you guys know much more, but please don't make it too confusing for noobs like myself.

I am done with LP/LB/Rasmus and similar bands of same or slightly different genre. Here is what I am into now:
Code:
Metallica
Megadeth
Led Zeppelin
CCR
System Of A Down
Nirvana
Black Crucifixion (just begun)
and some other similar music.

Accordingly, can someone please suggest which bands to move to? Please suggest only two or three. You should know that Black Crucifixion is pretty heavy for me, I still can't listen to the entire album in one go and I rarely listen to music on my PMP.

qwe1

Straight-edged

^thank you for uncovering me :p

going by the chain i mentioned, you should dig nu-metal/mainstream metal
mudvayne's LD50
soad's self titled
deftones - white pony

Krow

Crowman

I'm a huge fan of all of SOAD's albums. I've heard them all. :)

Will check out Mudvayne and Deftones. What about Muse? I have it with me, never gave it much of a try.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

Muse is a fusion of a lot of ideas. It's an alt rock band generally but they are quite unpredictive. Definitely give them a try. They are not super-OMFG-technical but they are original and creative.

red dragon

Master troll

Suggest some black metal songs(not bands) with meaningful lyrics.How is amorphis BTW?

XTerminator

Black/death metal is useless without blast beats,harsh vocals and there are certainly no nice,meaningful lyrics in Black metal

hope i made myself clear enough there.btw Amorphis are progressive metal from Finland.decent band.

red dragon

Master troll

No,you have not kid,I did not ask for nice, but meaningful lyrics,I have nothing agiainst harsh vocals,I don`t like those cookie monster kind of vocals simply because I do not understand them,nothing is wrong with blast beats except when played continuously they become irritating and I am not hypermetropic and didnot really ask for your opinion.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

No,you have not kid,I did not ask for nice, but meaningful lyrics,I have nothing agiainst harsh vocals,I don`t like those cookie monster kind of vocals simply because I do not understand them,nothing is wrong with blast beats except when played continuously they become irritating and I am not hypermetropic and didnot really ask for your opinion.

If Satan-worship, goat killing, virgin sacrificing, anti-religion lyrics are what you mean by 'meaningful' then you will find them everywhere in black metal.

If you mean Death-esque (except Scream Bloody Gore) philosophical, insightful lyrics, then you won't find them.

You don't understand 'cookie monster vocals' yet you like screeched, harsh black metal vox ? You understand them ? :O. But anyways, that's one's personal choice and I may not interfere.

@XT :- Sorry for that. Though Kalmah does have some power metal elements and a little influence of Bodom. Norther is nice too (who dosen't like Mirror of Madness ?!)

qwe1

Straight-edged

@red dragon if you don't understand why blast beats and harsh vocals are incorporated in BM then dont force yourself into liking it.listen to some johnny cash,thats perfect your your age and taste.

@krow muse is a fun band to listen to in their first 2 albums.the third was a welcome experiment but the latest is just average and shows signs of them running outta ideas :(

XTerminator

^though id like to add that Muse ftw live.

I don`t like those cookie monster kind of vocals simply because I do not understand them,nothing is wrong with blast beats except when played continuously they become irritating

then prolly theres no point in listenin to those genres.then why ask for recs for something you cant stand? :|

red dragon

Master troll

So according to you guys,there is no blak metal band with philosophical lyrics,and no death metal without those comical vocals,@qwe1 I donot have problem with black metal vocals. Blast beats without a back up rhythm is used in death only,black metal drummers mostly use a basic 4*2 in the background with a 16th note pattern with bass drum and snares thrown in between.It was tolerable when Napalm Death made it popular,but probably a bit overdone now.

XTerminator

So according to you guys,there is no blak metal band with philosophical lyrics,and no death metal without those comical vocals

okay,lemme make this clear once and for all.

Black metal is an extreme subgenre of heavy metal. It often uses fast tempos, shrieked vocals, highly distorted guitars played with tremolo picking, blast beat drumming, and unconventional song structure.

The most common and founding lyrical theme is opposition to Christianity and other organized religions (called "Right-Hand Path" religions by some). As part of this, many artists write lyrics that could be seen to promote atheism, antitheism, paganism and Satanism.Other oft-explored themes are depression, nihilism, misanthropy and death. However, many modern black metal lyrics have begun to focus more on the seasons (particularly winter), nature, mythology, folklore, philosophy and fantasy.

if you still dont get it you're :lol:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

So according to you guys,there is no blak metal band with philosophical lyrics,and no death metal without those comical vocals,@qwe1 I donot have problem with black metal vocals. Blast beats without a back up rhythm is used in death only,black metal drummers mostly use a basic 4*2 in the background with a 16th note pattern with bass drum and snares thrown in between.It was tolerable when Napalm Death made it popular,but probably a bit overdone now.

The 'cookie monster vocals' is a defining characteristic of death metal.

Satanic, goat killing, virgin sacrificing, anti-world, anti-religion lyrics are a defining charecteristic of black metal.

qwe1

Straight-edged

uncle dragon, dig some atmospheric black metal.

sorry there isnt death metal w/o those vocals.its like no opera w/o those high pitched vocals,no country w/o american accent and no rap w/o a nigga accent :)

btw you still havent taken my only rec to you seriously :mad: listen to johnny cash.he's a legend and has everything that old people should love

Last edited:

XTerminator

death metal without those comical vocals

:lol::lol:

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

dragonforce,check this out for more

*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_metal

^^
Tremolo? where? At best it's insanely fast downpicking with sweeps and tapping.

Tremolo is at best repetition through proccessors.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

^^
Tremolo? where? At best it's insanely fast downpicking with sweeps and tapping.

Tremolo is at best repetition through proccessors.

No. It says 'tremolo picking'. It's different than tremolo, which is an effect :).

Tremolo picking is when you alt pick a single note 'insanely fast'.

You can't downpick that fast... no-one can.

red dragon

Master troll

Oh!I didnot see other posts from Xterminator in other threads,now I have seen them!So please no more suggestion from you or qwe1 for that matter.
@psychosocial,how are these unblack metal bands?Heard frost like ashes,seems good.

prasath_digit

prasath->loves(APPLE);

My first rock band is LP. i absolutely loved LP back then. Then i heard Limp Bizkit.....then abt Iron Maiden.......these were the only bands i've listened to.....even nowadays I listen to LP albums very often.......but surely most people are not into rock...i mean they don't like rock as much as pop, rap....for example my friends used to admire almost every original music CD i buy, bcauz i buy only the very best with the precious money I saved. But when i bought Iron Maiden - A Matter of Life and Death, no one in my circle liked that album...they said things like....its just not good....it wasn't to my liking....u wasted 350 rs/- on this s***......so only rock fans listen to rock....not the avg music enthusiast IMO.... :-(

*images.uulyrics.com/cover/i/iron-maiden/album-iron-maiden-a-matter-of-life-and-death-limited-deluxe-edition-with-bonus-dvd.jpg

Top Bottom