Airtel opposes net neutrality; asks Google, Facebook to share profits

Your opinion about net neutrality

• ISPs are right.

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • ISPs are wrong. We are paying for the connection already.

Votes: 47 88.7%
  • This allow us to have low priced internet access.

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • Will create an internet of casts/classes.

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • I have something else to say.

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Net neutrality is one of the growing issues in a number of countries across the globe, especially in the emerging countries where Internet usage via mobile phone is going past the fixed-line web. Net neutrality basically means ISPs are supposed to treat all sorts of Internet access in the same fashion.

Indian telecom giant Bharti Airtel has come out against the net neutrality and asked the Internet companies such as Google, Yahoo! and Facebook to share their revenues for using operators’ expensive infrastructure.

Airtel opposes net neutrality; asks Google, Facebook to share profits - Internet | ThinkDigit News

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
I didn't understand completely but what does Airtel mean to say..??

Peoples are already paying them for their connection so this statement "Today, Google, Yahoo! and others are enjoying at the cost of network operator. We are the ones investing in setting up data pipes and they make the money" doesn't makes any sense.

It's their business standard which helped them to make money not Airtel.

Airtel's job is to provide connection and charge us for the connection and it's over. Now it's upto us who are using the web services.

Well in this way, Employee's one day will ask Businessman's to give them share of the business income. Employee's duty is to create the product for which businessman's pays him.

Now it's businessman's talent that he sold it for high price or what.

OP
sling-shot

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
:-x

So you have a successful shop. Many people take taxis and come to your shop. Can the taxi driver ask you to pay him money for each person he brings in? I mean ..... they should actually thank you for running a successful shop and giving them more business!

Generally that happens only in Govt run subsidized services. In any private enterprise, those who use their services more or cause others to do the same are rewarded.

Corporations / people behind them can stoop to such low levels to make another paisa more.

:-(

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Now Airtel should start sharing its profit with me because as a customer I am directly contributing to its kitty. ;)

bubusam13

Human
If Airtel Block Google, Yahoo and Facebook, hardly anybody excluding business organisations will take their connection.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Are they nuts in the head or what. They forgot to mention, "their" infrastructure which users utilize to access web sites, they charge people. Why not this caveat. Idiotic, stupid, and embarrassing.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
"You are using an Internet connection provided by AirTel. Access to this website is, therefore, not available."

Expecting to see this message on quite a few sites if these nutcases have their way.

fun2sh

Pawned!... Beyond GODLIKE
ROFL!!! Its like an Autorikshaaw wala will say to shopping malls that he transports customers to them so he want their profits too.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
hmm donno about sharing profits, but sharing costs of the network makes total sense
google or fakebook would ideally be happy to invest in better infrastructure, and connectivity
they may even do it who knows

Top Bottom