6850 or 6870 ?

gunners009

Broken In
Hi
I am confused weather to go for
HD 6850 or 6870..
I have seen Passmark benchmarks.Both card have relatively same scores.

And one more Question hows is ASUS 6870 DirectCU

Thanks

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
if you have budget obviously you should go for 6870.

yes. Please post your full configuration(with proper PSU info)

Cilus

laborare est orare
Go with HD 6870 and it performs resonably better in gaming than HD 6850. For HD 6870, a decent 500W PSU is reuired. FSP SAGA II 500W, Corsair CX500 V2 or Tagan Stonerock TG500 are the recommended here.
Let us know what PSU you're having.

Cilus

laborare est orare
In flipkart Asus HD 6950 2 GB Direct Cu II is available @ 14K, Order it today before the increase the price.

Flipkart: Asus EAH6950 DCII/2DI4S/2GD5: Graphics Card

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
They increased the price soon. No luck though. i was also thinking if i could but its too costly upgrade.

Cilus

laborare est orare
One of my 6870s is from Sapphire and let me share my experience. They are cheaper than brands like Asus, MSI or HIS but their build quality is very good. The best thing is even their base models come with Custom Cooler design with Copper heat pipes, resulting better cooling than the base models from other brands. So a good degree of overclocking is possible with it. Currently this model is available within 10.8K to 11.2K. In CosttoCost site it is listed as 10.2K only.
Regarding their after-sales service, they are far far better than Asus (the notorious Rashi peripherals)....I can't comment on MSI service. When my card went kapput due to high voltage fluctuation and without using a UPS, I called out the shop from where I've purchased it. They asked me to come at a particular day and the card was replaced within 1.5 Hrs on the same day only.

OP
G

gunners009

Broken In
@ Topgear ,Cilus and others guys
thanks for helping me out....i am going for 6870 this week

one last question, HD 7000 series coming in Dec or Jan ..Should i wait for that or get 6870 ??

Top Bottom