Zotac GTX 970 non Amp Temp

OP
amjath

amjath

Human Spambot
Well I get that, but then it should not have worked perfectly after the reinstall, unless you altered the video settings. Please confirm.
I didn't change the settings before and after the installation

OP
amjath

amjath

Human Spambot
New issue:

yesterday i opened GE Force experience app and optimized the game and started the game and tweaked some on my own and VRAM usage was 3250 gig on GTA 5

I started and i got ~50 fps

When i started GTA 5 today it is locked at 23 fps WTFFFF :shock: seriously i dont really get it

will report other games

- - - Updated - - -

also MSI afterburner is slowing 0 for all values it is not working

- - - Updated - - -

Watch dogs locked at 30fps.

All games gets a locked fps in alternate days WTF

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=20217]jasku[/MENTION] [MENTION=132866]Sam738844[/MENTION] help karo bhai aisa weird issue kabhi dekha

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
New issue:

yesterday i opened GE Force experience app and optimized the game and started the game and tweaked some on my own and VRAM usage was 3250 gig on GTA 5

I started and i got ~50 fps

When i started GTA 5 today it is locked at 23 fps WTFFFF :shock: seriously i dont really get it

will report other games

- - - Updated - - -

also MSI afterburner is slowing 0 for all values it is not working

- - - Updated - - -

Watch dogs locked at 30fps.

All games gets a locked fps in alternate days WTF

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=20217]jasku[/MENTION] [MENTION=132866]Sam738844[/MENTION] help karo bhai aisa weird issue kabhi dekha

Check this thread and try the solutions.

GTA V Fps Drop [Solved] - Go - PC Gaming

OP
amjath

amjath

Human Spambot
Check this thread and try the solutions.

GTA V Fps Drop [Solved] - Go - PC Gaming

but it happens on all games! the fps gets locked to 23 fps and 30 fps on GTA V and watch dogs respectively on an alternative days.

One day I can play at ~50fps and ~60fps on GTA V and watch dogs respectively

next day I face a locked fps

- - - Updated - - -

Also the solution in link says upgrade to SSD, i use 5400 rpm hdd but why i have issue in alternative days?

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
alternate days..so you mean if today your getting 23fps locked, tomorrow you will get 50~60 FPS? and the day after...again 23?!

What is your driver version? Can you manually change the system date and try running the game and post us?

jasku

In the zone
@ajmath - this is baffling if the issue is happening for all games, then you should consider RMA. I am guessing you mean the performance of the card is erratic and not necessarily on alternate days. If it is the latter, then we would be speechless. I dont understand, didnt you mention earlier that Watch dogs was working fine?

Were you able to try and of the latest games?

OP
amjath

amjath

Human Spambot
alternate days..so you mean if today your getting 23fps locked, tomorrow you will get 50~60 FPS? and the day after...again 23?!

What is your driver version? Can you manually change the system date and try running the game and post us?

I can't say it is working with dates, since I play only after coming back from work and before going to work. So it seems it behaving different on alternate days.
@ajmath - this is baffling if the issue is happening for all games, then you should consider RMA. I am guessing you mean the performance of the card is erratic and not necessarily on alternate days. If it is the latter, then we would be speechless. I dont understand, didnt you mention earlier that Watch dogs was working fine?

Were you able to try and of the latest games?
When I play GTA v and got a locked fps, I did not try any other game.

On the next day, When I played GTA v with good fps I tried watch dogs as well so no issues.

But when I got locked fps on GTA v on yesterday I tried watch dogs which also had locked fps.

I also relaunched the game multiple times but didn't restart the machine, still same locked fps

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
Tried resetting the graphics card?
It could be due to lose or faulty PCI e slot

OP
amjath

amjath

Human Spambot
Removing the card and resetting in the slot
Okay will try that. Few days ago I dusted out my cabinet so will try it

- - - Updated - - -

Update:

I tried BF4 at ultra ~72fps avg and can see fps going from min to max
Then tried Watch dogs locked at 30fps at ultra as well as medium
Finally GTA 5 locked at 23fps

Gollum

Collector
Okay will try that. Few days ago I dusted out my cabinet so will try it

- - - Updated - - -

Update:

I tried BF4 at ultra ~72fps avg and can see fps going from min to max
Then tried Watch dogs locked at 30fps at ultra as well as medium
Finally GTA 5 locked at 23fps

playing gta at 23fps?
isnt pc supposed to give 60+ fps lol

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Some nVidia driver issue may be. Card seems fine to me.

Try running some compute benchmark like a Litecoin mining benchmark and see if the performance matches.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
[MENTION=127004]amjath[/MENTION]

Download This.

Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 15.1.0.2

Remove every trace of display driver from your PC with this.

Unplug and Replug the card in pcie slot

Restart PC.

Download GPU Z (if not already have) , download 3D Mark, Download Unigine Heaven/Valley.

Download NVIDIA DRIVERS GeForce Game Ready Driver for Grand Theft Auto V WHQL

install driver.

Open GPU Z in background. Check Clock speeds and idle temps.

In GPU Z
First check "Log into file" box and start logging a session.

Now run 3D Mark , benchmark in all three sections including Firestrike

run Unigine Valley/heaven in 1080P max preset.

Benchmark both and save.

now open GPU Z logfile. check in Core and Memory, what is the MAX Reading, Check MAX Temp Readings, Check MAX GPU usage reading, Check MAX VRAM usage Reading Check Perfcap reson if any.

Also open GPU Z and check perfcap reason if it highlights any other than
gray ("Util" No strong 3D task load) , check what it is, it can be
green("pwr" hitting power limit),
blue ( "Vrel" Max Reliability Volage, your card cant not boost higher because its hitting max reliable voltage limit, i.e. voltage locked but can boost higher if overridden with third party OC software),
orange ( Vop, maximum Operating Voltage, card is not boosting because it has reached max operating voltage allowed by nvidia for that card, and operating above this would result damage.)

Also check in GPU Z if your Max Core/Memory clock reached at full load in "sensors" tab while doing benchmark is matching or is close to what the GPUz "graphics card" tab shows that it is supposed to reach after boost.

Now Google and compare with results for 3D Mark and Heaven/Valley.

If you're results are significantly poor than standard scores, or there is any abnormality in the clock/temp/perfcap There is definitely some problem with your card or setup. But first let us know results. Post SS in next post.

Top Bottom