*i.imgur.com/41DuNcm.png
*i.imgur.com/axyEIj3.png

from what i could see everything seems normal

Last edited:
OP
amjath

amjath

Human Spambot
Where are the GPU Z logs? an opnGL test!? why!?
Because I downloaded opengl and did not follow tour instructions yet. Will start doing in few minutes

- - - Updated - - -

3D mark
results

*www.3dmark.com/3dm11/9790015

Unigine Valley Benchmark 1.0

FPS:
Score:
Min FPS:
Max FPS:
System

Platform:
Windows 8 (build 9200) 64bit
CPU model:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz (3399MHz) x4
GPU model:
Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 9.17.10.3517/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 9.18.13.5012 (4095MB) x1
Settings

Render:
Direct3D11
Mode:
1920x1080 fullscreen
Preset
Custom
Quality
High
Powered by UNIGINE Engine
Unigine Corp. © 2005-2013

GPU Z screens
*gpuz.techpowerup.com/15/05/09/bbt.png

I see perfcap reason as pink [max temp i guess] and blue color codes.

I cant find the Firestrike for free.

Downloading Unigine Heaven

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
Because I downloaded opengl and did not follow tour instructions yet. Will start doing in few minutes

- - - Updated - - -

3D mark
results

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-2600K Processor,ASRock Z77 Extreme4

GPU Z screens
*gpuz.techpowerup.com/15/05/09/bbt.png

I see perfcap reason as pink [max temp i guess] and blue color codes.

I cant find the Firestrike for free.

Downloading Unigine Heaven

it seems the memory is fairly OC'ed out of the box. Also i can see a 117% TDP, nothing wrong, Pink is temp limit clearly seen as max is 82 deg C which is no doubt very high. I reach 68~69 on a very very hot indian summer day with 82% humidity in kolkata with a 2 Ghz Mem and 1444 Mhz Core OC.

Vrel blue is hitting because its the way card says i can push further if you add more voltage to my core ( since the mem is OCed ). The interesting thing is the 59% max fan speed, at that temp, the standard fanspeed should at least reach 80%.

Trying doing these, go to afterburner and increase the power level to 110 from 100. Set a fan curve where fan should reach 80% at max temp.

Still i think you have a either you have bogus case (no offense) or your setup is not placed in an airy place. 82 deg is not welcome at any rate.

P.S.-- your VDDC is higher than mine, not entirely sure what the impact is for that, diff card operates at diff voltage.

Last edited:
OP
amjath

amjath

Human Spambot
MSI afterburner shows 0 everywhere have to re install it

Also my machine is in the corner so the air intake might be less

- - - Updated - - -

BTW Unigine heaven:
Unigine Heaven Benchmark 4.0

FPS:
Score:
Min FPS:
Max FPS:
System

Platform:
Windows NT 6.2 (build 9200) 64bit
CPU model:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz (3399MHz) x4
GPU model:
Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 9.17.10.3517/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 9.18.13.5012 (4095MB) x1
Settings

Render:
Direct3D11
Mode:
1920x1080 8xAA fullscreen
Preset
Custom
Quality
Ultra
Tessellation:
Extreme
Powered by UNIGINE Engine
Unigine Corp. © 2005-2013

GPU-Z reading
*gpuz.techpowerup.com/15/05/09/555.png

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl

I tell you what, call asus, pretend to be a a bit stupid, an average gamer or card buyer need not to be having monumental knowledge about these stuff. Just say that my games are not running properly, and i feel its very very hot out there. Get it checked/replaced, who knows if its a faulty card. you are not going to leave India till that 970 becomes obsolete ( i wish otherwise tho) . In long run, no matter what you do, that temp is not gonna bode well.

OP
amjath

amjath

Human Spambot
comparing unigine with this
Zotac GEFORCE GTX 970 Review

the site scored 1311 mine is 1248 keeping temps in mind

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl

- - - Updated - - -

BTW Unigine heaven:

GPU-Z reading
*gpuz.techpowerup.com/15/05/09/555.png

min fps is too low, also is there...a green fringe in that perfcap?, hover and check if you see any pwr?

OP
amjath

amjath

Human Spambot
I tell you what, call asus, pretend to be a a bit stupid, an average gamer or card buyer need not to be having monumental knowledge about these stuff. Just say that my games are not running properly, and i feel its very very hot out there. Get it checked/replaced, who knows if its a faulty card. you are not going to leave India till that 970 becomes obsolete ( i wish otherwise tho) . In long run, no matter what you do, that temp is not gonna bode well.

its zotac btw, they asked me to bring but available on 1st and 4th saturday so have to wait till then

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
its gone now, i cant hover. yes its green

hmm..that's unlikely. Means its boost is limited due to not enough power, Although your PSU is capable enough. You need better doctors now :p , ask topgear, cilus or ico how to estimate power usage of your PC on total. Remember perfcap is a reason showing why your card is not boosting to infinity, and its not an error or warning, you are always limited by something and you should be. BUT if that also translates to a potential bottleneck or throttling scenario and you feel your card is not performing due to these severely then you must reach out.

OP
amjath

amjath

Human Spambot
[MENTION=15026]topgear[/MENTION], [MENTION=68896]Cilus[/MENTION] [MENTION=26711]ico[/MENTION] anyone?

My pc config:

cooler master elite 430 no window
i7 2600k
Gskill 8GB 1600MHZ
Cooler master 212 evo push pull [2 fans]
seagate 5400rpm 2tb hdd
Zotac GTX 970 vanilla
4 X 120mm fans [front pull, rear push, top push and side push]
Seasonic s12g 650W
APC BR1100CI-IN UPS

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
There's no issue with the card according to me. No issue with your system configuration also. Your PSU is good as well.

Your Unigine Heaven score is also fine and personally, I don't have any problem with that temperature as well.

This is a driver issue or some software interference issue. Should be sorted by a fresh install of the OS.

OP
amjath

amjath

Human Spambot
By sfc you mean that command prompt utility?? If yes, go for a Windows reinstall then.
Yes. If I reinstall I have to download all the updates for windows 8.1, so arising for windows 10 which is due next month.

I forgot to mention this. During initial days of GTA 5 I use to get this once I exit the GTA v game.

*i.imgur.com/SR2RXsi.jpg

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
Try to use different RAM stick and your hard drive rpm is too slow for demanding games which might cause lag and spikes, though it's not entirely true for fps drop.

Try to use these settings in game as it gives me stable performance most of time. If it works perfect and game gives 50+ fps even while driving at all conditions - you're good, you can crank up settings and check stability in fps.

FXAA : On
MSAA : Off
VSync: Off
Population Density, Variety , Distance scaling : 50%
Texture Quality, Shader Quality, Shadow Quality, Reflection Quality : Very High
Reflection MSAA : x8
Water Quality, Particles quality : Very High
Grass Quality : High
Soft Shadows : your nvidia settings ( I used AMD CHS )
Post FX : Very High
Motion Blur Strength : 25%
InGame Depth of Field effects : On
Anisotropic Filtering : X16
Ambient Occlusion: High
Tesellation : High

OP
amjath

amjath

Human Spambot
Try to use different RAM stick and your hard drive rpm is too slow for demanding games which might cause lag and spikes, though it's not entirely true for fps drop.

Try to use these settings in game as it gives me stable performance most of time. If it works perfect and game gives 50+ fps even while driving at all conditions - you're good, you can crank up settings and check stability in fps.

FXAA : On
MSAA : Off
VSync: Off
Population Density, Variety , Distance scaling : 50%
Texture Quality, Shader Quality, Shadow Quality, Reflection Quality : Very High
Reflection MSAA : x8
Water Quality, Particles quality : Very High
Grass Quality : High
Soft Shadows : your nvidia settings ( I used AMD CHS )
Post FX : Very High
Motion Blur Strength : 25%
InGame Depth of Field effects : On
Anisotropic Filtering : X16
Ambient Occlusion: High
Tesellation : High

Isn't this same as Nvidia optimzed settings?

Update:

I ran GTA 5 yesterday and fps was locked at 23 fps so restarted my machine and after that it is back to normal ~53fps when playing :?: any comment in this anyone

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Yes. If I reinstall I have to download all the updates for windows 8.1, so arising for windows 10 which is due next month.
fixing the issue is more important than downloading windows 8.1 updates....
and if u don't want to re-download than take updates backup.

re-install windows and check

Top Bottom