Zotac GTX 970 non Amp Temp

jasku

In the zone
Guys, contacted aditya infotech for RMA, they are asking me to check with some other motherboard. Do you guys think it's because of mono maybe

Dude, what is the reason for RMA, your temps are fine.

You did not respond to the question whether you facing similar issues in other games (freezes, artifacts, crashes, etc..). If you are it makes sense to RMA the card, else its most likely driver issue.

OP
amjath

amjath

Human Spambot
Dude, what is the reason for RMA, your temps are fine.

You did not respond to the question whether you facing similar issues in other games (freezes, artifacts, crashes, etc..). If you are it makes sense to RMA the card, else its most likely driver issue.

Sorry I forgot to mention it.

No issues with other games like watch dogs and others. Only facing issue with GTA V.

Fps Drops from ~51 to ~12.

My drivers are up-to-date.

You think I should reinstall drivers and check.

My motherboard: asrock z77 extreme4

jasku

In the zone
Sorry I forgot to mention it.

No issues with other games like watch dogs and others. Only facing issue with GTA V.

Fps Drops from ~51 to ~12.

My drivers are up-to-date.

You think I should reinstall drivers and check.

My motherboard: asrock z77 extreme4

Yes absolutely, that should tell you it is not a hardware issue. RMA process in India is not very consumer centric, hence use it only when you are sure the hardware is faulty.

Use driver sweeper- Guru3D - Driver Sweeper to uninstall, please follow the instructions on the page, they are quite simple. Then install the latest nvidia drivers for your OS.

If this doesnt work I would suggest a clean install of your OS, hopefully you wont have to go there.

Please try the steps listed above and report.

OP
amjath

amjath

Human Spambot
Yes absolutely, that should tell you it is not a hardware issue. RMA process in India is not very consumer centric, hence use it only when you are sure the hardware is faulty.

Use driver sweeper- Guru3D - Driver Sweeper to uninstall, please follow the instructions on the page, they are quite simple. Then install the latest nvidia drivers for your OS.

If this doesnt work I would suggest a clean install of your OS, hopefully you wont have to go there.

Please try the steps listed above and report.
Okay later today.

tkin

Back to school!!
Are you aware of this?

Why Nvidia's GTX 970 slows down when using more than 3.5GB VRAM - PC Gamer

Google: *www.google.co.in/search?q=gtx970+vram+issue&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=ykpHVZ6JGIaJuwTX0IAY

OP
amjath

amjath

Human Spambot
Are you aware of this?

Why Nvidia's GTX 970 slows down when using more than 3.5GB VRAM - PC Gamer

Google: *www.google.co.in/search?q=gtx970+vram+issue&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=ykpHVZ6JGIaJuwTX0IAY
Yeah I know.

I'm using ~3110 gig of vram

HE-MAN

Ambassador of Buzz
as far as i know gta 5 uses more vram then it actually shows in the game settings. that must be you're problem

A

amit.tiger12

amazon was giving Asus strix 970 for 21K, today @8 am

OP
amjath

amjath

Human Spambot
[MENTION=127004]amjath[/MENTION] did you try a clean driver install?
I reinstalled day before yesterday and it was fine. No fps drop whatsoever.

When I started the game yesterday at 2am and monitor vram issue and temp using android app. I observe below issues.

VRAM usage in game settings is ~3110 gig, but vram usage in android monitor is ~3500

Game locks at 23fps.

I don't know what is the problem here

A

amit.tiger12

It must be pricing error. Its ~29k now

no it was real deal...
check here, lightning deal sold out...

Amazon.in: Buy Asus STRIX-GTX970-DC2OC-4GD5 Graphic Card Online at Low Prices in India | Asus Reviews & Ratings

**** man..

jasku

In the zone
I reinstalled day before yesterday and it was fine. No fps drop whatsoever.

When I started the game yesterday at 2am and monitor vram issue and temp using android app. I observe below issues.

VRAM usage in game settings is ~3110 gig, but vram usage in android monitor is ~3500

Game locks at 23fps.

I don't know what is the problem here

Hold on so, it worked fine after the reinstall, but then you faced the issue again at some point? This is getting really interesting. Please try a couple more latest games like FC4, BF4 and see if you face similar issues.

OP
amjath

amjath

Human Spambot
Hold on so, it worked fine after the reinstall, but then you faced the issue again at some point? This is getting really interesting. Please try a couple more latest games like FC4, BF4 and see if you face similar issues.
I will revert back tonight

OP
amjath

amjath

Human Spambot
As [MENTION=138116]HE-MAN[/MENTION] said GTA 5 is using vram than we do it in settings

Top Bottom