Your Gaming Backlog/Progress Report!

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ what type of game is this ?

Old school Dungeon crawler RPG. Here's a little intro from GOG:-

Legend of Grimrock sports tile-based movement combined with real-time combat. You control a party of four prisoners, either using the pre-made adventurers or by carefully creating your own desperate crew. You have only three classes: fighter, rogue, and mage, but the addition of minotaurs or insectoids races mixes things up a little and assures future replay value. Then the crawling and hacking begins--and that’s what’s most important about an action RPG. The fights are tough and require planning and some evasive movements, but the learning curve allows you to adjust to the grid-based waltz of step forward--attack--step backward--magic--step left--avoid in a minuet of death. The combination of atmospheric sounds (wind, whispers, and monster growls somewhere), some clever and demanding puzzles, amazing monster design (killer snails!), and impressive detail poured into Grimrock dungeons make the game one of the finest dungeon crawls ever made.

So far the experience is very very satisfying. You won't get free, mouse-based movement like bigger titles, but I can assure you the gameplay is really good.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ I prefer gun blazing action and direct fight more - anyway, sometime ( saving ) the companions can be a real PITA if you are playing in hardcore mode. ;-)

@ SKud - thanks for the info on Legend of Grimrock

gameranand

Living to Play
Thinking of starting NFS Shift again after watching a trailer. Will see if it runs on full settings or won't start it. :p

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Started playing the other day Grand Theft Auto 4: Episodes for Liberty City
Gaurav Bhattacharjee said:
Started Race Driver - GRID.

This one will go on for long. Be sure not to skip the Le Mans races though :wink:

This one will go on for long. Be sure not to skip the Le Mans races though :wink:

Dude, I can't friggin' race in GRID with keyboard. I even tried turning off stability control; helped somewhat, but still the wheels act like they got ****in' minds of their own.

Result: Uninstalled it.

Backup plan: CoD: MW is almost ready to play. Gonna get DiRT 2 after it finishes. :D

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Uninstalled BC2 after level 24, got all the weapons. I was wasting too much time.

ritvij

rated R
started ridge racer: unbounded... mahn.. is it my bad playing or is it really tough to control the car in drift mode..:?:?

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dude, I can't friggin' race in GRID with keyboard. I even tried turning off stability control; helped somewhat, but still the wheels act like they got ****in' minds of their own.

Result: Uninstalled it.

Backup plan: CoD: MW is almost ready to play. Gonna get DiRT 2 after it finishes. :D

I doubt you can handle cars in Dirt 2 if you have found racing in GRID impossible. ;)

started ridge racer: unbounded... mahn.. is it my bad playing or is it really tough to control the car in drift mode..:?:?

It's not your bad playing for sure. ;)

Top Bottom