Your fav heavy metal band??

Status
Not open for further replies.

forever

filth is me
^^ it wuldnt be right to call rammstein a heavy metal band , its more of industrial metal with little influence of heavy metal and electronica , just because some one can riff it dunt mean its heavy metal , but then again they are known more for their fire fuelled antics , its one of those bands u wuld love to see live :)

The Outsider

Beneath The Eyelids
__Virus__ said:
Slipknot is good and so is Disturbed... I pity those who really named Disturbed, Slipknot, Soulfly as Nu-M along with not to rockish bands like LP LB blabla

same thinking here as i got tired of people classifying bands like LP, hoobastank in the same genre(nu-m) as Disturbed, Slipknot, Deftones etc

so i kinda accepted this, well thats the way it goes, what say?

@forever listened to some scandinavian and norwegian metal at friend's home, ima say its really good for occasional listening.

forever

filth is me
Chester said:
@forever listened to some scandinavian and norwegian metal at friend's home, ima say its really good for occasional listening.

occasional?, dont downgrade them to substitutes, 'most' of these are underground metal bands and some are even hardly known to some, ive been a metalhead for quite some time now and what ive found in them is a level of sincerity you wuldnt find in most NWOBHM or US bands, these guys love their music and are proud of it , just lack a bit of blatant popularizing emselves , hence the indifference :)

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
Well bruders...which is that one song (only one) of ur fav band which fills you with instant energy ...to me its

Feuer Frei by Rammstein...

which is ur song ?

The Outsider

Beneath The Eyelids
esumitkumar said:
Well bruders...which is that one song (only one) of ur fav band which fills you with instant energy ...to me its

Feuer Frei by Rammstein...

which is ur song ?

gotta be "Disturbed - I'm Alive" from the album 10 Thousand Fists

OP
__Virus__

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
forever said:
posting a whole playlist is not possible , but i have 2 words for you - scandinavian metal, yep , all those finnish , denmark ,swede and nearby bands have coined this term to the new wave of melodious death metal and power metal rising in abundance , k ill post a few i can remeber since u wanna try some stuff - first off Amon amarth has released a new album with oden on our side after fate of norns so it is a must for you if ur a viking metal freak , secondly u culd try arch enemy- this band is on top of my list , and their new albums features a female vocalist who kicks the crap outta any death metal growler let alone dani filth lol (ur pic) , u culd try their album wages of sin and im sure ull be hooked , well then again if uve had nuf of black metal then u culd surely try some melodious power metal , hammerfall rules in my list in this area followed by similar artists like nightwish, sonata arctica , stratovarius, kamelot, helloween, dragonland (theve just released a new album by the name 'astronomy') and the list goes on , also if u like dark tranquillity u culd try in flames, insomnium, and a similar band to COB u mt wanna chek out - kalmah, give em a try and ill be happy to post other stuff too :)

Totally agree... the list posted by me is something which I just cant resist, be it night be it day, be me fcked, aroused enjoy blabala what ever mood, its irreristible and highly addictive.. Angela Gosso is a gifted vocalist.. I do listen to them but since Black Metal is my kind of growls.. they arent much.... Kamelot is very very good band.. I love it too... COB is distinguished with extremely aggressive vocals of Alexi and guitars are ufff.... Amon Amarth's Pursuit of Vikings and Fate of Norms being my Fav numbers.. In flames, my cup too.. DT is amazing.. heard them v v recently and was totally hoooked to their song.. Therein... Dani, Mayhem, Immortal, Emporer, Gorgoroth is what I just cant stop myself from playing even before my eyes open.. will surely try all those bands sometimes....

forever

filth is me
ok , im not a full on black metal freak but culd throw few suggestions - melechesh(they hail from jerusalem) who have just come up with a new album emmisaries this year, Anaal Nathrakh, Peste Noire( french black metal outfit), Deathspell Omega etc , and if u like dirty raw growls then im sure u must be knowing of Necrophagist, these are the few i recall rt now , but my favorite all time vocalist is Mikael Akerfeldt of the OPETH fame, this guy can sing clean and death, both with the ulitmate prowess :)

OP
__Virus__

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
Melechesh and Peste Noire, never heard... Necrophagist, I do remember hooking myself to couple of their songs.... Anal Nakrakh is growley.. have u heard Impaled Nazarene??? I love Opeth's Bleak, proves ur point of Clean and Death thing

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Till now, the farthest I've got to in Metal is daring to play an Iron Maiden song. I like Disturbed's 10k Fists and Down With The Sickness albums and Metallica's Master of Puppets one...

Bullet for my valentine (if it qualifies) is my favorite in metal.

OP
__Virus__

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
QwertyManiac said:
Till now, the farthest I've got to in Metal is daring to play an Iron Maiden song. I like Disturbed's 10k Fists and Down With The Sickness albums and Metallica's Master of Puppets one...

Bullet for my valentine (if it qualifies) is my favorite in metal.

:|

U referring to children of bodom?

Last edited:

raina_rocks

the man who sold d world
thanks ppl.....
gotta lots of new names frm here.....:)
nw im gonna download sm of thm....
im a metal freak too...... but seriously speakin ..... im a bit too busy with nirvana..... (kurt rocked)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
in which cat will u drag blue october, bfmv, soad, helmet, all that remains, mastdon, ghost machine, the smash up, fear factory, NIN..

slugger

Banned
I listen to the Heavy metal bands of the 70-80s era - Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Manowar, Judas Priest, Megadeath, AC/DC

Rock/Hard Rock also from the same era - Def Leppard, Guns N' Roses, Bon Jovi, Scorpions, Kansas, Lynryd Skynrd, Eagles

Among the new age bands
Rammstein, Nightwish, Evansence, Children of Bodom, Killdares

ancientrites

In the zone
Any Black Metal fans?

how could you forget me?Totally black metalhead and love ONLY european black metal bands.i have a long ever lasting listbut to name few which i listened to 1349,black dawn,craft,frost from(swe and ger),graveland,hell militia,mystic circle,nargaroth,ragnarok,sadogoat but now known as sadomator,sargiest,torgeist,argath,dodheimsgaard,malus,satanic blood,lucifygum,pest(swe),blodsrit,antaeus,moontower,nordischus blut,fiend,balrog,grabak,calvarium,watain,gosforth,cirith gorgor,mortuary drape,drudkh,swine of satan,goatholocaust,wintergewitter,mactatus,dragobrath,galgeras,beherith,satanic warmaster.........alrite my fingers are tired.i have 300 gb of black/death/doom metal.if you ask me how do i get them simple "soulseek".

OP
__Virus__

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
lol Indeed thats a long list. pssstt its Beherit not Beherith :D

I listen to the same genre but from the Norwegian perspective. Simply amazing. Have you heard Burzum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom