Would you rather...

Empirial

Youngling
@yearcut I'd recommend Xolo Q800 over Canvas HD. Ya it has a qhd display but overall quality of Q800 is a notch better then Canvas HD & it is slightly faster due lower screen resolution (NenaMark 2 A116=40 fps, Q800=56-58 fps).

acervenky

Broken In
@yearcut I'd recommend Xolo Q800 over Canvas HD. Ya it has a qhd display but overall quality of Q800 is a notch better then Canvas HD & it is slightly faster due lower screen resolution (NenaMark 2 A116=40 fps, Q800=56-58 fps).
Then Why Not Xolo X1000,The King Of Xolo Devices @14k
But I Would Never Recommend Xolo Devices,Because Development Is Much Slower And Sometimes There Is No Development.
So Stay With Sony Or LG In My Opinion.

priyankgupta

Journeyman
Do you REALLY have to buy a phone right now? If you're getting a nice and better option, just a month or two away, why don't you wait?
Also, who knows, you might convince your dad for some more money and get your device upgraded to Xperia SP!! :p

P.S. : Even I am waiting for Xperia SP...:)

Empirial

Youngling
Then Why Not Xolo X1000,The King Of Xolo Devices @14k
But I Would Never Recommend Xolo Devices,Because Development Is Much Slower And Sometimes There Is No Development.
So Stay With Sony Or LG In My Opinion.

X1000 is also a good device but scored only 29 fps in NenaMark 2 due 720p Display & PowerVR SGX540 GPU. If OP is not interested in HD Gaming then he can definately consider X1000.

@acervenky The price of X1000 is around 18k.

acervenky

Broken In
X1000 is also a good device but scored only 29 fps in NenaMark 2 due 720p Display & PowerVR SGX540 GPU. If OP is not interested in HD Gaming then he can definately consider X1000.

@acervenky The price of X1000 is around 18k.
Yes,My Bad.Saw It In A Local Store.(Without Warranty) At A Price Of About 14k
But Anyways,If OP Wants Better Experience,Then He Should Buy A Branded Device.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Lava has worse warranty than Micromax..
Why would you suggest Lava to him then ?
Safe Options - L9,Xperia L,Lumia620
Risky- S3 (the deal you are getting)
NOT Recommended - LAVA, Micromax, Karbonn

randomuser111

Technomancer
I don't know if it was in TDF or some other forum, one guy went to buy S3 to a Samsung smartphone cafe and guess what ! The Samsung store guy sold him a fake S3 for 35k. LOL

He was smart enough so he caught the guy and got an original one from him along with some good discount :p

So there is NO doubt that S3 @ 19k will be 200% fake.

pratyush997

Inactive
I don't know if it was in TDF or some other forum, one guy went to buy S3 to a Samsung smartphone cafe and guess what ! The Samsung store guy sold him a fake S3 for 35k. LOL

He was smart enough so he caught the guy and got an original one from him along with some good discount :p

So there is NO doubt that S3 @ 19k will be 200% fake.
Yeah, it was on tdf. :D He got s3 for 29k then

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Damn that fake S3 video is so close to original S3...beware

@furious_gamer does a expensive phone really ever get defected in the first year? I think most phones start getting defected after it gets old (like 2-3 years).
yes expensive phones do get defects in 1st year
there is no hard & fast rule which says that expensive phones are immune to defects/failures.
if u go to the service center (lets say Apple..then u will find a queue of iphone 4/5 etc with some form of error/defects etc.

dnt buy that 19k S3 to get into all sorts of trouble,dnt waste dad's money on a fake device.
instead get a good dual core phone from a genuine brand (LG,SONY,HTC etc)

Sarath

iDota
Looks fishy. More like a plot to loot you, "bring the money with you" lol

Even then an S3 is too cute for a guy to carry it off.

OP
Y

yearcut

Broken In
Display is a big factor for me. Resolution and screen size matters very much. I want a 4.5"+ screen size android phone. (I'll be using it to read eBooks and showing HD presentation videos to people, all the time) Another big factor is camera quality. Gaming is secondary. But having Jelly Bean (latest OS) is big factor, as I just sold my iPhone 3G because iOS 4.2.1 was sooo outdated that no apps would load on it. So, I know the consequences of buying a mobile with an outdated OS.

Putting these in mind, Xperia L is is too short. The S3 deal I was getting is no longer available as the guy got hyper when I told him that I'll check the phone and then bring money from home.

To conclude, L9 is the only good device for me?

btw, what is the expected price of Xperia L in India? and what is the expected launch date?

and right now I don't have any smartphone, so I can only wait 2 weeks max or I'll get bipolar lol... (I was addicted to iPhone)

I welcome any new phone suggestions...

pratyush997

Inactive
Display is a big factor for me. Resolution and screen size matters very much. I want a 4.5"+ screen size android phone. (I'll be using it to read eBooks and showing HD presentation videos to people, all the time) Another big factor is camera quality. Gaming is secondary. But having Jelly Bean (latest OS) is big factor, as I just sold my iPhone 3G because iOS 4.2.1 was sooo outdated that no apps would load on it. So, I know the consequences of buying a mobile with an outdated OS.

Putting these in mind, Xperia L is is too short. The S3 deal I was getting is no longer available as the guy got hyper when I told him that I'll check the phone and then bring money from home.

To conclude, L9 is the only good device for me?

btw, what is the expected price of Xperia L in India? and what is the expected launch date?

and right now I don't have any smartphone, so I can only wait 2 weeks max or I'll get bipolar lol... (I was addicted to iPhone)

I welcome any new phone suggestions...
*Phew* You just saved those 19k :)
BTW Get LG L9 as you got no device now or else you can get some ultra cheapo mobile to pass a month or two (NOt Cool though) and wait for Xperia L
Your choice!

OP
Y

yearcut

Broken In
*Phew* You just saved those 19k :)
BTW Get LG L9 as you got no device now or else you can get some ultra cheapo mobile to pass a month or two (NOt Cool though) and wait for Xperia L
Your choice!

I just said Xperia L's screen size is too short for me... :/

101gamzer

Ambassador of Buzz
^^ OP If you want an S3 wait for the official release of S4 the price can ditch to 20k probably just wait for it.

And Beware there are many used mobiles which is revamped by putting the new cover and factory reseted selling in new boxes.

And Beware there are many used mobiles which is revamped by putting the new cover and factory reseted selling in new boxes.

pratyush997

Inactive
^^ OP If you want an S3 wait for the official release of S4 the price can ditch to 20k probably just wait for it.

20k | Impossible. Period.

pratyush997

Inactive
So, which phone should I buy now? (I'll buy S3 or S4 later, when I get a job and start earning myself)

EDIT: I just checked out L9's benchmark scores, it cannot be compared to Canvas HD (if we leave customer support aside).
Well If you could extend a budget by 4k, You can get hands on Nexus 4 (W/o warranty ofc.)

Top Bottom