[Windows XP] FreQuently AsKed ProBlems WITH SoluTions...

Re: MUST READ: FreQuently AsKed ProBlems WITH SoluTions...

Log is fine. Get a registry mechanic and tweak your registry. Remove unncessary apps from startup and check your cpu fan and heat sink for dust, clean all of it. sound skipping probkem may be due to old drivers, try upgrade drivers ! Get Zonealram firewall to monitor any suspicious activity in your pc !

Adam Cruge

Broken In

I first did system restore...then the problem was fixed ...bt suddenly that day itself the same problem started...i tried to do system restore again...bt after getting restart it says the restoring task is incomplete...
Please help me...

Try Repair Install in xp-sp3 by replacing all windows files from the one in the Cd. To do this :-

Boot the computer using the XP CD. You may need to change the boot order in the system BIOS so the CD boots before the hard drive. Check your system documentation for steps to access the BIOS and change the boot order.
When you see the "Welcome To Setup" screen, you will see the options below
This portion of the Setup program prepares Microsoft

Windows XP to run on your computer:

1)To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER.

2)To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console, press R.

3)To quit Setup without installing Windows XP, press F3.

Press Enter to start the Windows Setup.
Do Not choose "To repair a Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press R", (you Do Not want to load Recovery Console). I repeat, Do Not choose "To repair a Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press R".

Accept the License Agreement and Windows will search for existing Windows installations.

Select the XP installation you want to repair from the list and press R to start the repair.

If Repair is not one of the options, END setup. Let the setup work, after reboot dont press anything.

Setup will copy the necessary files to the hard drive and reboot. Do not press any key to boot from CD when the message appears. Setup will continue as if it were doing a clean install, but your applications and settings will remain intact.

See details here *www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/tips/doug92.mspx

Last edited:

Adam Cruge

Broken In
I have done several times doing reinstallation, but that lasts for at most one or two days, sometimes less than that. Again the same problem starts.

I have Hp-dv6 2159tx laptop using Windows7 Home Premium updated.
I have BSNL boradband connection.
Whenever I use bittorrent application to download data my other browsing activities on every browser and other downloading clients get reduced to speed below 10kbps, to only open google it takes time.
Please tell me solution....
Thanks in advance.

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

How to reset wrong BIOS update?
My friend has update his BIOS Intel moterboard 865GS having P4 processor.
PC is not starting.NO display.
Both LEDs on case are lit costantly.
Please help to recover pc...

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

In my Internet Explorer in win7 I dont get option on right click menu on any link to 'Open in New Tab'....I have also tried it reseting in Internet Option menu..
But problem persists....
Please help.

In my Internet Explorer in win7 I dont get option on right click menu on any link to 'Open in New Tab'....
Try Opera or Firefox or Chrome. They are safe, fast and far better than IE.
Whenever I use bittorrent application to download data my other browsing activities on every browser and other downloading clients get reduced to speed below 10kbps
Which clients you are using and what is the max speed of download u get via torrents ?

Tathaga

Best Mind****er
i am searching for a ERP software like SAP Business One

I downloaded OpenERP but its too much user unfriendly

Is there any crack for SAP B1 ??
or is thr any place whr i can get da LICENSE FILE (like i get kaspersky keys thru torrent) ??

Neuron

Electronic.
How to reset wrong BIOS update?
My friend has update his BIOS Intel moterboard 865GS having P4 processor.
PC is not starting.NO display.
Both LEDs on case are lit costantly.
Please help to recover pc...

The only way to fix bios failure is to take your motherboard to the nearest service center and get the bios chip replaced.

ssb1551

Technomancer
Sorry guys to post it in this thread!!There is some problem whenever I start a new thread there is an error that my post was less than 10 characters.
Few days ago my system went bust so I bought a new system(CPU,MoBo,RAM) yeasterday keeping the same 2 HDDs(1 500GB Seagate n another 1TB Seagate) with Windows XP installed in the 1TB which had some valuable personal files on the desktop.When I bought the parts from the shop the guy told me that I hv to install a fresh copy of XP as the new hardware wont recognize the old OS.So I installed a fresh copy of XP in the 500GB HDD but I kept the old XP as it was in the 1TB.Obviously as the shop guy told me the new system doesn't detect the old XP while booting.But I want those desktop files badly which was in the prev OS.Does any1 hv any idea abt it?

1 thing I tried was - after installin the new copy in the 500GB I tries acessing the Documents n Settings folder of the old OS but go an error "Acess is denied."Plz,can any1 help me with this issue?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
2 simple ways:

1. 500Gb as primary OS drive. 1Tb as secondary & copy files from 1Tb to 500Gb or just keep as it is. 1Tb have Xp, Win7, Win98 doesn't matter as you using OS from 500Gb. OS on 1Tb is inactive.

2. plug in your 1Tb HDD & use a live CD (Ubuntu 10.04LTS works fine) to copy the files from the C drive to D/E/F/G/H or whatever other drive you have.

Oops not noticed last line. than you can try the 2nd route. or, theres another way. you can try out DOS.

Last edited:
well you need fairly good knowledge of DOS.
Try this simple procedure.
cd d:\Documents and Settings\
attrib
copy *c:\backup
or
move *c:\backup
exit

I suggest you to use Ubuntu live-cd to get your data back with in a minute.

Prince Sinha

Daniel Prince
I got the same problem with Yahoo messenger it don't seems to help even after installing the script from the site u mentioned above.

justme101

" It'S iN tHe GaMe..."
hey guys need help ....

i was using windows xp sp3 which was working fine but recently when i switched on my pc..i got the famous BSOD and as expected the pc wont start it justs keep restarting after flashing the BSOD screen..i thought of formatting but i got another error before the loading screen which read "a CMOS battery failure has occured press enter to contiune.." so i click enter and the pc starts to boot...but to add to the situation i cant format the c:(current windows installation) .... after passing throug some parts of the installation it either says "windows cannot locate the cdrom" or it says "windows cannot format the drive...blah blah...(not the exact message but i think it meant my hard disk is F***ed up..) "
so guys need some REAL EXPERT ADVICE HERE...!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

papashango_cs

Broken In
hello
i have win 7 ultimate 64 bit
i have a 500gb hdd ,
in my C drive , the windows has been installed
when i check the properties
--------
it shows used space 23.4gb
and total space 97.5gb
free - 74.1gb
--------
but when i go inside the drive , select all the folders n files, n then check the properties, i see only 14.5 gb used !!!
rest 83gb free !
---
whats wrong ?? how to solve this ?
my other two drives dont have this problem.. they show correct data inside the drive as well as outside it.
- thanks

hello
i have win 7 ultimate 64 bit
i have a 500gb hdd ,
in my C drive , the windows has been installed
when i check the properties
--------
it shows used space 23.4gb
and total space 97.5gb
free - 74.1gb
--------
but when i go inside the drive , select all the folders n files, n then check the properties, i see only 14.5 gb used !!!
rest 83gb free !
---
whats wrong ?? how to solve this ?
my other two drives dont have this problem.. they show correct data inside the drive as well as outside it.
- thanks

Last edited:

sakumar79

Technomancer
Do you have hidden files visible in your My Computer? Usually files like page file and hibernation files and system recovery files are hidden from view and many are in the root directory. Hence, if you open C drive and select all the folders/files, these may not be selected as they are hidden...

Arun

abhinav_sinha

Journeyman
I have few flash games in .swf which run only when either I insert the CD or mount image thus compelling me to always keep an image file or so. Please suggest a (free if possible) software which can publish it into a standalone .exe file so that if have to take i only need the game file and not the other troubles (as the disc contains many games which i never play).

@papashango: you must be having too many restore points or the hibernation files are too large.

Top Bottom