[Windows XP] FreQuently AsKed ProBlems WITH SoluTions...

abhinav_sinha

Journeyman
@thetechfreak: No if I had to do that i could have but that means on every comp I move I have to take the setup with me as you can't expect every system to be equiped with these. I want a standalone exe projector so that only the game need to be moved irrespective of computer and will paly as good as it is.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
I cant think of anything of your requirements.

Since you would be moving the games why dont you create a zip or rar file that contains both game AND setup?

am·nesiac

Broken In
I had Net Protector Anti Virus and I think to download Avira AntiVir Free. I scan my Lap Top thoroughly with Avira without shield. After scanning When my Lap Top starts up system32 is open and the DRVSTORE folder is labeled in blue instead of black. I don't know what that means or how to change it back but it has me a little worried.

am·nesiac

Broken In
Can you post a screen shot.

Following is the screen shot. the folder DRVSTORE contains another folder named fssfltr_A5FA3C925848FF31CD1FDE1A2696CEACA292B950 under this folder two file is there named fssfltr and fssfltr.sys. The total size of the folder DRVSTORE is 39.5 KB.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4311&stc=1&d=1300988969​

am·nesiac

Broken In
Following is the screen shot. the folder DRVSTORE contains another folder named fssfltr_A5FA3C925848FF31CD1FDE1A2696CEACA292B950 under this folder two file is there named fssfltr and fssfltr.sys. The total size of the folder DRVSTORE is 39.5 KB.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4311&stc=1&d=1300988969​

Please, HELP!!!

am·nesiac

Broken In
I had Net Protector Anti Virus and I think to download Avira AntiVir Free. I scan my Lap Top thoroughly with Avira without shield. After scanning When my Lap Top starts up system32 is open and the DRVSTORE folder is labeled in blue instead of black. I don't know what that means or how to change it back but it has me a little worried.

Any Solution Exists!!!

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Any Solution Exists!!!

Disable compression:
*i.imgur.com/kStBF.jpg

PS: Why I have Turbo C++ compiler?? Because I had to make my damned project.

mitraark

Decrepit
is there any way to make a folder without name...????

New - New Folder - Rename

Keep Pressing Alt Button and type this on Num Pad [ Not the ones above qwerty ] - 0160

This will create a Folder with Blank Name

Also , Right Click - Change Icon - Select The Icon which is just a Blank

Now you have a Invisible FOlder.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
New - New Folder - Rename

Keep Pressing Alt Button and type this on Num Pad [ Not the ones above qwerty ] - 0160

This will create a Folder with Blank Name

Also , Right Click - Change Icon - Select The Icon which is just a Blank

Now you have a Invisible FOlder.

Refining it more, it doesn't actually creates a folder without any name(As termed as Blank Name), it puts space which is actually an eligible character.

That 0160 is the code for space(Sorry, I forgot is it Unicode or ASCII or what), so you can do the same by pressing space too :p

And one more addition, just customize it's icon by right clicking on the folder, and choose some blank icon, which will make it completely unvisible.

And now the trick to get it : Don't use Auto Arrange, otherwise it'll get detected, just place it manually somewhere in the parent folder or desktop(wherever the folder resides), so that only you'll know where actually the folder is.

How can it be Exposed : Techies can easily expose these type of folder by just running a search :p

Others can explore if they are lucky enough to click any blank space on the desktop mistakenly that's where the folder resides(Tough though :p)

Got the Logic : Unicode Character 'NO-BREAK SPACE' (U+00A0)

I've a BSNL broadband connection with dial up. Sometimes while connecting to the internet(using dial up), my PC hangs up badly. It starts responding after 5 min, that also not completely. Dial up dialog box is in not responding & i've to restart my PC(not by using reset button).

What could the problem be ? Is it due to windows 7 64bit running in 2GB RAM ?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Most likely a driver problem. Download a new updated driver for your dial-up modem.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
There is no driver for my modem, i think so....
There has to be a driver. Go to the Device Manager --> Modems --> Check the modem's name. Google for a new updated driver.

Will load on my GPU(while gaming) decrease if i increase my RAM to 4GB ?
This question actually requires a complicated answer, but I'll give a simpler one. No.

Top Bottom