Windows 7 - My Review...

Status
Not open for further replies.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
When i first went through many articles on windows 7 , i thought that , there wont be much to enjoy in , just another new code and fresh developer team and nothing more.but everything changed after i installed the Windows 7 RC.The installation however didn't go well on my Dell M1530, got a corrupted installation and had to backup the HDD through my PC and had to fresh install the W7 RC , which was actually , i think the best thing i did , coz my Vista was showing symptoms of Overload and Bloatedness after hundreds of apps , games installed and deleted , and upgrading it would have made it more bloated! . After fresh install which took less than just 20 minutes and just FEW clicks . I really should thank Microsoft for its effort and design. It feel like a Italian designer working all the way.

After the install , i was greeted by a fresh looking login page , very fresh , but i didn't personally like the animation on start-up , it could have been better. coming to login page , it felt as if i am on a mountain , fresh!! Fresh !! Hats off for choosing that pic as a login background!

What came next is more of excitement and fun and wonderful. The windows are now snappy , and taskbar feels very light and fast. I didn't like the concept of new taskbar , when i read them online , but after just few hours of usage , I felt why there was so much buzz about it ! It was the best thing MS has done so far. I don't know how it will go with general public , but users who use for hours , this is the best thing to happen. now you can manage huge number of windows without a problem . everything now is under just few clicks!

Coming to the response , this is the best OS Ms has created after the Windows 98. Even though many like XP , 98 was fast ! But all this is needs some basic hardware to enjoy. but i think at the time of release , the current hardware ( average ) would be wide spread and i think Windows 7 can cake walk on the hardware requirement!

The taskbar looks cute , but i feel that the width is slightly bigger , even though you can make small , i would love to see slightly reduced width taskbar.Now , this time , the transparency remains the same when a window is maximized , prev i=on vista , when you maximize a windows , the taskbar goes into dark one , rather than remain transparent.

The power option have gone through some changes , which is feel is not that comfortable , now it has balanced as the locked down option and the “performance “ and “power save “ as migrant ones , coz , when you want power save from performance , you have to go to power options and change and now you see , balanced and power save , what i would like to see is all the three up there , or user customized one , rather than just two , this way user can easily switch from one to another.

for the rest of the review. .. please kindly visit *urssiva.com/2009/05/29/windows-7-silky-smooth-vista-part-1/

Please comment on my review and post your thoughts..

dreams

Gracias Senor
adding some more from my experience..less intervention of UAC, cool wallpapers, shake effect i.e, if u shake the window from top, all the other open windows gets minimized.

overall, it was good and fast.

review was gud.

channabasanna

In the zone
Do we need to activate the RC copy of Windows 7 over internet. I mean as we activate our XP and Vista OS. I am asking this since we get the free Windows 7 RC keys from the microsoft site, also i will be trying this in Sun Virtual Box or in Virtual PC.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Do we need to activate the RC copy of Windows 7 over internet. I mean as we activate our XP and Vista OS. I am asking this since we get the free Windows 7 RC keys from the microsoft site, also i will be trying this in Sun Virtual Box or in Virtual PC.
Yes, you need to activate your windows 7 RC version.

You have 30 days after installing Windows to activate it online or by telephone. You need to activate Windows before this 30-day period expires.

himanshupt

Right off the assembly line
Hmmmmmmmm......Nice Review.....

I really liked my experince using........Windows 7.....I am using its x64 version........
And am simply loving it..........All thanks to MS peoples........

The response time is much better..........My games plays much better.....
My scores on 3DMarks Vantage has gone wayys above.........

Regards...

harishgayatri

Broken In
Sorry Guys you are STILL Living in the Ice Age.

Mac OS X Leopard beats Windows anytime.

If you like effects then go to a Mac Store and Try it out.

you will regret that you are using Windows Instead of this beauty

and

If you are using this OS then you should probably Know the Mac OS experience.

^
Well, You have a Mac user here. First of all let me tell you that I've been using a Mac for over a year. It's pretty good, in fact it's excellent but Windows 7 beats any OS in terms of usability, ease of installation and usage, features and maybe performance too ( Linux guys please don't jump in). Leopard is indeed much better than Vista but Windows 7 is in a different league altogether.
Let me make things clear with Snow Leopard too. I've been using Snow Leopard (Beta) for sometime now and it doesn't feel any better than Leopard apart from Quicktime X, a new wallpaper and maybe OpenCL which seems rather useless. On the darker side, Snow Leopard is extremely buggy and unstable compared to Windows 7 Beta or RC1.
After months of trying to be Anti-Windows, I'm a WinBoy again.
I'm not being biased but Windows 7 pwns OS X Leopard or Snow Leopard hands down. Just E-mail Apple to change the 'Most advanced operating system' thingy to something else.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Sorry Guys you are STILL Living in the Ice Age.

Mac OS X Leopard beats Windows anytime.

If you like effects then go to a Mac Store and Try it out.

you will regret that you are using Windows Instead of this beauty

and

If you are using this OS then you should probably Know the Mac OS experience.
Just one question..
Have you used windows 7 RC version.

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
@harishgayatri.. try playing Crysis on Mac OS (su)X.. you'll see the difference.. it doesn't PLAYS on it.. coz it was designed for Windows.. the water effect and the genie minimizing effect is all what you're babbling about isn't it.. I've used it.. Mac OS X takes a lot from the Open Source Community and gives back nothing..

harishgayatri

Broken In
The Effects you are talking about is not from the open source community.

It is the other way round.

AND if you are saying Microsoft doesnt copy you are sadly mistakened.

the Win 7 Taskbar is a copy of KDE 4 and The gadet sidebar you see is a copy of Mac OS X Dashboard. which performs 100 times better than Win Vista and 7.

2nd thing you sukers want to play crisys(Games) then please don't buy a Mac.

and you people are so last gen.

When did Microsoft use Drag an Drop for the method of Installation?

Apple has been using this for the past 8-9 years the time they Invented OS X

And believe me it is not OS su(X)

It is Mycrowsoft sucks which charges you different for different versions of the same OS. Why should anybody buy stipped down OS from them.

look at Apple's pricing

*www.apple.co.in/store/software/apple_software.html

Here is Vista's pricing
*www.shopmania.in/shopping~online-operating-systems~filter-type-windows-vista.html
Whereas apple offers the same OS for all the Mac's

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
First of all.. please mind your language.. secondly.. no OS wars here.. and thirdly.. the spelling of Crysis is wrong.. no wonder why you got a Mac... :D

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
The Effects you are talking about is not from the open source community.

It is the other way round.

AND if you are saying Microsoft doesnt copy you are sadly mistakened.

the Win 7 Taskbar is a copy of KDE 4 and The gadet sidebar you see is a copy of Mac OS X Dashboard. which performs 100 times better than Win Vista and 7.

2nd thing you sukers want to play crisys(Games) then please don't buy a Mac.

and you people are so last gen.

When did Microsoft use Drag an Drop for the method of Installation?

Apple has been using this for the past 8-9 years the time they Invented OS X

And believe me it is not OS su(X)

It is Mycrowsoft sucks which charges you different for different versions of the same OS. Why should anybody buy stipped down OS from them.

look at Apple's pricing

*www.apple.co.in/store/software/apple_software.html

Here is Vista's pricing
*www.shopmania.in/shopping~online-operating-systems~filter-type-windows-vista.html
Whereas apple offers the same OS for all the Mac's

hmm. you really want to get into the price fight???

Enough of your fanboyism **** here. now, there is a separate websites for these rants and you will be most welcome there.

Note: If you want to do anything except ranting about non-apple users on forums, please don't buy a mac!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom