Why Torrent & crack is illegal in Thinkdigit Forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
i used Ubuntu for few months (alongside WinXP, 2yrs ago) but after Ubuntu installation got corrupted cause of some random shutdown, didn't gave it a try. mainly cause i failed (tried for a week) to get GPRS on Linux. can live without gaming, can't without net.

however one can find Ubuntu disc on my PC table. always.

Huge huge huge differences and changes now. I just plug in my K790i with the cable, it asks me whether I want to use it as a modem and so does Ubuntu. I say 'yes' when Ubuntu prompts and then Ubuntu asks me to select my carrier. I select 'Airtel' and Ubuntu connects. Much easier than what Windows offers.

Edit: I did this with Ubuntu 9.10.

pauldmps

Banned
This is the latest news coming via Gizmodo:Gizmodo, the Gadget Guide

The movie studios are now targeting Hotfile.com

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Coming back to the original topic of discussion, here's what I had posted in another thread. I'm reposting it here:

Valid reasons.

Pirating softwares and games from big enterprises is not causing those 'big' companies much harm.

But if you're contributing to the monopoly - as with Windows - you're doing wrong.

If you're pirating a game like World Of Goo or Super Meat Boy or Braid, then you're being a moron. These games are developed by independent developers and they need to feed their family. In this case, it is pure stealing and non-excusable. No reasoning would work here.

mohityadavx

Youngling
I don't know if u saw a series regarding birth of internet which was aired on DISCOVERY.They showed that Microsoft pirated Windows on their own so as to make it even more popular.

Also recently ORACLE had sued a big software giant for million dollars for using pirated Oracle Database Management software. So even the corporates do not follow the rules themselves.

My Uncle lives in Germany and he told me that there is a political party in Germany which supports piracy and is even written in their party policy book.:shock:

pauldmps

Banned
^^ Oracle sued Google for some copyright infringement in Android.

Can you elaborate how Microsoft pirated Windows ? I had seen that series but I think I missed or forgot that part.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Huge huge huge differences and changes now. I just plug in my K790i with the cable, it asks me whether I want to use it as a modem and so does Ubuntu. I say 'yes' when Ubuntu prompts and then Ubuntu asks me to select my carrier. I select 'Airtel' and Ubuntu connects. Much easier than what Windows offers.

Edit: I did this with Ubuntu 9.10.

ok i'll install 10.4 on my spare HDD & check if it. hope it detects my Motorola E6e. last time tried with 8.** last time. it detected (i not sure but it showed something) but failed to connect :|

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
BTW enuff said. I use pirated s/w until someone find a way to run games in ubuntu. period.
If you have a brother/sister or any friend who is a student, you can get Genuine Windows Server 2008 R2 for free via Dreamspark.

The Disadvantages of Piracy :

1. No support : You won't get any help from the companies, if you're messed up with any software.

2. Using pirated softwares does not make you a proud owner of the software.

3. By using pirated softwares, you might be funding the terrorists.

4. Pirated softwares might contain malware which could seriously damage your PC.

Apart from point 1 and 2, this is FUD :|

The only disadvantage of piracy is that users unknowingly give away their freedom (see MS Office, OOXML, etc.) and that it helps to build monopolies. Secondly piracy of software of small companies cuts their earnings and is as such moronic.

Last edited:

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
If you have a brother/sister or any friend who is a student, you can get Genuine Windows Server 2008 R2 for free via Dreamspark.

Will give it a try. :cool:

Apart from point 1 and 2, this is FUD :|

:-D

The only disadvantage of piracy is that users unknowingly give away their freedom (see MS Office, OOXML, etc.) and that it helps to build monopolies. Secondly piracy of software of small companies cuts their earnings and is as such moronic.

Agreed. :evil:

The_Man

Broken In
And I would say that piracy is a threat to the future of the field itself.You cant live off the inconsistent income you get from an open source software.So, many would hesitate to start a private software firm and create software for the public.I know a guy who is in contract with the Govt.His firm creates software exclusively for Govt.So he need not worry about piracy.

We should respect the amount of time and effort these people put into these marvelous applications.People who know programming here will understand what I'm talking about.It's easy to sit down in front of a computer and brag about the advantages of piracy.

mohityadavx

Youngling
^^ Oracle sued Google for some copyright infringement in Android.

Can you elaborate how Microsoft pirated Windows ? I had seen that series but I think I missed or forgot that part.

Of course u could always watch the series again and clear all your doubts. (try youtube or torrents) As par oracle issue i was talking about oracle suing sap for using pirated Oracle software .:-D

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
We should respect the amount of time and effort these people put into these marvelous applications.People who know programming here will understand what I'm talking about.It's easy to sit down in front of a computer and brag about the advantages of piracy.

Ofcourse we do know. Please read my previous posts....

mohityadavx

Youngling

You can even get AUTOCAD for free if u r a student but the point is how many people know about it and out of them how many of those have a .edu email to register at Dreamspark or AUTOCAD. I studied in Delhi Public School (DPS) which is one of the reputed schools in India but they don't give u an .edu mail id so its useless.

Also u can get win98 for free at microsoft website 4 free if u want windows without piracy.:-D

pauldmps

Banned
@Liverpool_fan

Thanks for the info about Dreamspark. I never knew anything of this kind. Kudos to Microsoft for providing their softwares for free to fellow students.

I have some of my friends in different engg. colleges but I will wait until I get into one.
Isn't getting the software using someone else's student credentials illegal ?

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
You can even get AUTOCAD for free if u r a student but the point is how many people know about it and out of them how many of those have a .edu email to register at Dreamspark or AUTOCAD. I studied in Delhi Public School (DPS) which is one of the reputed schools in India but they don't give u an .edu mail id so its useless.

Also u can get win98 for free at microsoft website 4 free if u want windows without piracy.:-D
Mailing them your identity card is enough.

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
Even i m using aircel edge.
it's tooo slow gvng me 20-30kbps
is there any to make digit forum to load quickly!
The forums load quickly since the server change.

I have blocked loads of stuff via Adblock.

You can use Opera (with Turbo Mode). I don't.

utkarsh009

In the zone
ok i'll install 10.4 on my spare HDD & check if it. hope it detects my Motorola E6e. last time tried with 8.** last time. it detected (i not sure but it showed something) but failed to connect :|

i also have motorokr e6 and have used it to successfully use it as a modem to connect to internet in ubuntu 10.04 and 10.10. ok frankly speaking i forgot how i did it but i remember i used wvdial and i also had to enter an ip address in some file which made it connect sucessfully. now that i also have O1 i use usb tethering. even if not using it, i connect directly as ubuntu recognises my device as a modem. sorry but just google it. the ip address was fixed and worked for both airtel and tata docomo. the nm applet wont work. and why dont you use O1 for it. i remember you bought it. didnt you?

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
I remembered a quote.

There are 2 kinds of people in the world. One who think of buying cheap licensed software and pirating unaffordable ones and those who think only of pirating software A or software B.

So let's try to be the first kind and support FOSS. Nobody here will be having all softwares licensed unless it was financed by the office or the guys uber rich. Even I use pirated softwares but I support FOSS by using only OOo and replacing a majority of paid softwares with free ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom