Why shd I b allowed to install Linux?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mediator

Technomancer
@nitish:
U can try nmap scan with "-sS" option => "nmap -sS target_IP", since it is safe!

Nmap scan with full tcp connections are risky since network admin can know who was trying to fiddle around!

Last edited:
OP
nitish_mythology

nitish_mythology

OSS Enthusiast!
If I still need to work under The Mayo College Proxy server than its of no use!
Actually i wanted a way by which I could surf the net freely..........

OP
nitish_mythology

nitish_mythology

OSS Enthusiast!
Update:
I asked my comp teacher about it..(He is nt like the admins, he never cares! :D)
He told me that the network is static ip based fr us but for the outer Internet its DHCP to prevent attcks on network!!

So whts this??

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
nothing special. The internet connection your college has is given by an isp who gives dynamic addresses. Getting a static ip for the internet is costlier.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Then you can use the static IP given to the computer to connect to the main server. I don't think you can connect to Internet directly. Someone with more knowledge in networking should be able to solve this out.

OP
nitish_mythology

nitish_mythology

OSS Enthusiast!
I wont ask him.........
It seems tht the Admin hates me coz I m the only one who const fires him up with questions. I regularly bypass the network and try to access im sites!
I m the one who started the use of proxies(though most of them are banned now)

I m the one who is const bugging him fr installing linux,he thinks its useless!
I dont thnk tht there are any chances of Linux getting installed in my Lab.

They want me just coz they know I can get them good results in 12th.
The Admin rarely allows students to touch imac! (Ya our lab has one which is used mostly fr video editing )
Never allows us to use pcs fr loading songs on to our ipods!

Isnt this enough????:( :(

OP
nitish_mythology

nitish_mythology

OSS Enthusiast!
tech_your_future said:
Contact higher authorities yaar. Show them them this thread and the links given here.

This will be the Last thng I will do,I hv mildly criticized my Admin and spoken of several things I did secretly!!!
I have nO plans of getting suspended :D

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Well rather explain that you did this cos you wanted to try something better but your admin wouldn't let you do and you didn't have any other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom