Why is Indian Animation/Cartoons so incredibly bad?

cyborg47

Technomancer
Framing. animation is jumpy, too fast. Focus is on movements and actions, not the time it takes to do those things. Robot / endhiran, big budget example. The animated robot scenes are too fast and choppy. Compare with transformers / avengers scenes where action slows down when there is too much stuff going on.

Suspect it's just render time. Budgets are not accomodating machines doing most of the work for some reason.

Are you the salarian scientist/doctor from Mass Effect, Mordin Solus in anyway? :|

I believe a good story or a good concept is more important than animation "quality".. Just see Simpsons, it has average animation quality but its a massive success..
Indian animation companies lack originality and believe in reusing the same old "religion" based cartoon idea over and over again..
And the fact that animated movies etc are considered "children's material" just like video games doesnt help either.. and those adults who actually watch cartoons are viewed as a strange new breed of homo sapien by those that dont. :/
On a side note, This is also one of the reasons why I dislike gameloft games.. They lack originality and good story

Its more of a passion vs studio greed thing. There are some really good animation studios in india, Vaibhav Studios being one of them(the 2d and watercolor visuals from Taare Zameen Par, the recent mini Zoo Zoo ads, and a lot of stop motion animated ads from the 90s). These guys stick to smaller stuff. Coming to the TV series, it makes a ton of money with little effort, kids don't give a single F about the quality anyway. Though its not just India, there are copy cats and quick cash grab attempts from houses like Disney as well. Like I said, its all about studio greed, the men in suits have the ability to destroy billion dollar franchises like Lion King into straight to tv movies like Lion King 2, sad $hit.

Gollum

Collector
The title says it all.This is a hate thread:wink:

I watch a few cartoon channels (or rather i'm forced to by my little cousins),and everyone of them features at least one Indian cartoon which sucks really bad. For example, Chota Bheem, a relatively better cartoon.

The cartoon has very poor animation and even poorer drawings. Come on,I don't think the animators even know what they're drawing half the time. :shock:
The English in it is poor but relatively better. Often there are stupid & funny uses of phrases which make u LOL quite hard.:p

Then,there's the plot of each episode.....which is just....soo crappy & predictable.
Have you guys seen the number of Krishna,Hanuman, & Mahabharata animated movies recently? They lack creativity,talent & brains.

Overall, I feel less proud of my country after every episode. :-(:-(:cry::cry:

The reason for bad drawing is that they don't have me.

If you are recruiting, you can hire me

heidi2521

Padawan
cartoons ? oh please ! those r children stuff, why even care to put so much effort and money for such childish thing .....

Sarcasm?

This retarded belief is exactly why animation in India sucks. Pixar doesn't go "Children don't care about animation quality" and budgets their titles well giving us some of the best animation in the industry.

Look at the Japanese industry. Anime doesn't cater to children all the time and have grown some really good animation talent that they budget properly. Compare Shingeki no Kyojin with any indian animation. SnK will win by a long mile.

abhidev

Human Spambot
@gollum: since you can draw well...why don't you create your own Indian manga...m not kidding ??? :D

Gollum

Collector
yea maybe but thats too short...I meant something like half the size of Deathnote but with an intriguing concept and story :D

that's like asking too much.
I may need to start with one page snippets/stories and proceed from there.

icebags

Technomancer
Only drawing is not needed, I would require a story and someone to direct the scenes.
I can take care of the rest.

write a tdf manga with some popular characters here. may be someone can help u with a short story of 2-3 comic pages or if u remember any funny incident here.

don't forget to post on a thread if u do so. :D

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Sarcasm?

This retarded belief is exactly why animation in India sucks. Pixar doesn't go "Children don't care about animation quality" and budgets their titles well giving us some of the best animation in the industry.

Look at the Japanese industry. Anime doesn't cater to children all the time and have grown some really good animation talent that they budget properly. Compare Shingeki no Kyojin with any indian animation. SnK will win by a long mile.

Even Shin Chan is billions of times better then Indian animations. Every anime is.

Gollum

Collector
Interactive Comic - NAWLZ - Season 1 and Season 2

Hey that's nice.
Will read it at home. Can't do so in the office.

write a tdf manga with some popular characters here. may be someone can help u with a short story of 2-3 comic pages or if u remember any funny incident here.

don't forget to post on a thread if u do so. :D

well, I've not been much active here. But yea I do have a little funny story.
I will try creating some characters over the weekend.
Time to put the mannequin to some use.

Top Bottom