Why doesn't nintendo have an official presence in India?

heidi2521

Padawan
Because they were never very successful here and as this forum has shown people aren't interested in Nintendo franchises here. They depend on stronger foreign currencies and a weaker yen to stay profitable and the rupee has shown exactly how strong it is. They still had a registration under the name Nintendo Company of Japan LTD. last time I checked. The massive number of fakes NESs/SNESs and the mind boggling number of multicarts probably played a role too.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Actually wii had a very good presence in india. It just takes time for nintendo consoles to officially launch here. Wii u will also make its way here.
3ds is actually available here for quite some time now.

Nintendo Gaming Consoles - Buy Nintendo Gaming Consoles Online at Best Prices in India - Gaming | Flipkart.com

But the platform is getting eclipsed by sony and microsoft in almost every department.

heidi2521

Padawan
Actually wii had a very good presence in india. It just takes time for nintendo consoles to officially launch here. Wii u will also make its way here.
3ds is actually available here for quite some time now.

Nintendo Gaming Consoles - Buy Nintendo Gaming Consoles Online at Best Prices in India - Gaming | Flipkart.com

But the platform is getting eclipsed by sony and microsoft in almost every department.

Uhh, they are heavily marked up unofficial imports(Usually from HK, Singapore and South Korea) and the OP stated "official presence".

Of course it is getting eclipsed. Most of the titles don't make it here and you have to pay much more than their M$ony equivalent. The only titles that make it here are all members of the mn+ club, so the various titles which attract various niches to Nintendo are all not present and it makes the console very unappealing here.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Uhh, they are heavily marked up unofficial imports(Usually from HK, Singapore and South Korea) and the OP stated "official presence".

Of course it is getting eclipsed. Most of the titles don't make it here and you have to pay much more than their M$ony equivalent. The only titles that make it here are all members of the mn+ club, so the various titles which attract various niches to Nintendo are all not present and it makes the console very unappealing here.

If they are unofficial imports, then how come they are getting a 1 year nintendo india warranty?

heidi2521

Padawan
If they are unofficial imports, then how come they are getting a 1 year nintendo india warranty?

Well, lets see...

The Wiimotes/Nunchucks i'd ordered from Flipkart said 'For sale and use in korea only', the 3DSs bought here have no option for 'India' as a country, The Nintendo website has no region for India, there is no marketing and promotion for Nintendo products in india, there are no Nintendo service centers in India, the price tags for the products say something like "Imported & marketed by (insert company name)", the Wii games i've bought here have clearly been repackaged from their originals(Club Nintendo codes, Nintendo Power/ONM sub offers etc. removed), the consoles and games are from NTSC regions while India is a PAL region etc.

And exactly where does it say that you are getting a 1 year Nintendo India warranty on the web page?

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
And exactly where does it say that you are getting a 1 year Nintendo India warranty on the web page?

Nintendo 3DS (Aqua Blue) - Nintendo: Flipkart.com

This....

Actually wii and the 3ds XL has 6 months warranty as mentioned in flipkart. Are they official in india now?

heidi2521

Padawan

This....

Actually wii and the 3ds XL has 6 months warranty as mentioned in flipkart. Are they official in india now?

Nope. All my points other still stand. The fact remains that they have no center of operations in India and that their products don't even mention this country in region selection and that their online services state that it is not available here.

Flipkart could be providing warranty themselves for all we know.

Nintendo corporations international information.

*www.nintendo.com/corp/international.jsp

Now point out where exactly have they listed India.

Also, get those dirty referral links out of here.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Nope. All my points other still stand. The fact remains that they have no center of operations in India and that their products don't even mention this country in region selection and that their online services state that it is not available here.

Flipkart could be providing warranty themselves for all we know.

Nintendo corporations international information.

*www.nintendo.com/corp/international.jsp

Now point out where exactly have they listed India.

Whether nintendo or flipkart, at least someone is providing warranty. Be content with that.
I don't need to point out anything.

Post sensibly from now and keep your attitude and temperament in check.
I'm referring to the bold part.

heidi2521

Padawan
Whether nintendo or flipkart, at least someone is providing warranty. Be content with that.
I don't need to point out anything.

Post sensibly from now and keep your attitude and temperament in check.
I'm referring to the bold part.

Well, you asked and I replied. Now why are you asking me to be content with that?(I don't buy my hardware/games from within this country anymore anyway). Your posts implied that Nintendo had an official presence over here, and I provided evidence that they don't and asked you to point out from Nintendo's corporate information, where they stated that they have official presence over here.

If you want to continue this discussion( esp. about why I consider referral links dirty) create another post in Chit-Chat/Fight Club because i don't want to derail this thread.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Well, you asked and I replied. Now why are you asking me to be content with that?(I don't buy my hardware/games from within this country anymore anyway). Your posts implied that Nintendo had an official presence over here, and I provided evidence that they don't and asked you to point out from Nintendo's corporate information, where they stated that they have official presence over here.

If you want to continue this discussion( esp. about why I consider referral links dirty) create another post in Chit-Chat/Fight Club because i don't want to derail this thread.

Listen pal you are new to this forum. Go by the rules and try to be humble.
If someone is wrong, you correct them or humbly put your points even if it leads into an argument.

Justify yourself in a sane manner.

OP
CommanderShawnzer

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar

This....

What FK offers is called "Distributor/seller" warranty,it has nothing to do with Official Nintendo warranty,What FK does, is,assuming you have encountered some problem with your console they send your console to a third-party company,to get it repaired(not replaced for a fresh or refurbed piece,)OFC,nothing is ever repaired,since they will not have original spare parts with them.
So in the end,you don't get a replacement,nor do you get a fixed console,while FK owners laugh thier way to the bank

heidi2521

Padawan
Listen pal you are new to this forum. Go by the rules and try to be humble.
If someone is wrong, you correct them or humbly put your points even if it leads into an argument.

Justify yourself in a sane manner.

Well, do explain how I am violating the forum rules.

I did point out that you were wrong. I asked for a separate thread in Chit-Chat/Fight Club because the argument threatened to derail the thread and it is considered common netiquette to move to the off topic forum in such cases.

And how are my justifications not sane?

P.S. Create a new thread in off topic forum with your reply and just link it here. Don't further derail this thread.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
What FK offers is called "Distributor/seller" warranty,it has nothing to do with Official Nintendo warranty,What FK does, is,assuming you have encountered some problem with your console they send your console to a third-party company,to get it repaired(not replaced for a fresh or refurbed piece,)OFC,nothing is ever repaired,since they will not have original spare parts with them.
So in the end,you don't get a replacement,nor do you get a fixed console,while FK owners laugh thier way to the bank

Thanks for the info mate. I was a bit confused about this. Clarified now. :)
Guess we have to boycott nintendo now. :grin:

This Thread was a mistake in the first place. :|

Seconded. :)

Cilus

laborare est orare
Stop creating Threads regarding consoles in the wrong section in the 1st place. You guys have been warned once already and don't repeat the same mistake multiple times. Closing this thread.

Dead5, Even after trying hard, I can't remember anything about you or your company owning the forum. So stop behaving like you own the forum.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Dead5 is only taking offense to the fact that the bat is using a redirecting service to post his links, when he could have posted a direct one. For all you know, the link could be malicious (not saying that it already is, so don't get the wrong idea).

Top Bottom