Which one is better on eyes? CRT or LCD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Check out the difference made by a simple anti-glare screen on a CRT:

*i33.tinypic.com/5lo0hx.jpg

OP
narangz

narangz

Web developer
LCD for sure. I remember eye strain while using CRT, thats about 3 yrs back I think. Then changed all monitors to LCD. And never faced any eye strain.

Only disadvantage of LCD (from my experience) - There is no eye strain and it is very comfortable, so we will sit in front of the PC for more time lol.

Hehe, my parents will kill me :D

@narangz
It won't increase and if it is to increase those things won't be able to stop it.
See in teenagers,when the height grows,the size of the head(till 15-16) also grows which leads to a cavity around the eyeball.There is nothing to stop the eyeball from elongating,so it will elongate and as we all know elongation of eyeball is one of the reasons of myopia or near-sightedness.
Power won't increase if your head has grown fully.Rubbing the eyes,studying in dark rooms and all these don't worsen myopic eyes:D

Yeah I've myopia :( But what I do is for keeping them healthy & doctors suggest that to those who use computers for long durations.

OP
narangz

narangz

Web developer
Oh yes, whenever there is no other option than using CRT, get a good anti glare screen and it will definitely make a difference.

I am yet to decide. The LCD I've set my eyes on is costlier than others. It costs more that 12K. Sometimes I buy things which I don't really need & later on repent. No idea what I should do :|

Check out the difference made by a simple anti-glare screen on a CRT:

*i33.tinypic.com/5lo0hx.jpg

Thanks a lot for the pic. Gotta do something about this at the earliest.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
I'm also thinking of ditching my CRT and getting a cheap 17" LCD :D
Your problem has just made me realize that I should hurry up!!!

OP
narangz

narangz

Web developer
I'm also thinking of ditching my CRT and getting a cheap 17" LCD :D
Your problem has just made me realize that I should hurry up!!!

Glad to have helped :p

Can anyone tell how's this LCD:
*accessories.us.dell.com/sna/products/Displays/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=320-6138

OP
narangz

narangz

Web developer
Looks cool, how much it cost in India ?

Rs.12,807 + shipping. Costly!

*www1.ap.dell.com/content/products/compare.aspx/19lcd?c=in&cs=indhs1&l=en&s=dhs

-----

US price is $214.00, shipping free. Why do these companies loot Indians? :x

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I would prefer 198WFP over 19808WFP. I can get 198WFP for 9.5k at local dealer. I don't think I should pay 3k more for webcam and extra usb ports.

OP
narangz

narangz

Web developer
I find 1908WFP more suitable as it has these adjustments:
Height-adjustable stand, tilt, swivel, pivot and built-in cable management.

It doesn't have a cam, I guess & I don't need USB ports too.

198WFP has only this adjustment:
Tilt

Paying that much just for these adjustments is not worth the money as I only need the adjustments.

din

Tribal Boy
Sorry for being a noob (but thats a fact lol).

Whats the USB ports in a monitor are for ?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I find 1908WFP more suitable as it has these adjustments:
Height-adjustable stand, tilt, swivel, pivot and built-in cable management.

It doesn't have a cam, I guess & I don't need USB ports too.

198WFP has only this adjustment:
Tilt

Paying that much just for these adjustments is not worth the money as I only need the adjustments.

Also, 1908WFP has issues with constrast where as 198WFP is a near perfect monitor. Just wanted to do a heads up that 1908WFP is not as powerful as others like 2209 and 2408 and certainly not worth the extra money.

din

Tribal Boy
@slugger

Lil confused, how those USB ports will be connected to the PC / Motherboard ? Automatically through some monitor cable ? Or motherboard need to have some port for that ?

slugger

Banned
the monitor usb slot is connected to one of the usb slots in the cabinet with a seperate cable

useful if the cabinet usb slot is difficult to reach
-------
the lcd monitor has 2 cables - one for connecting the USB slot into the mobo usb port and the other to the DVI port of the mobo

din

Tribal Boy
Oh ok, thanks a lot for the explanation.

In short, that will act as a usb hub (non powered may be ? ) right ?

nikhil

Broken In
A LCD monitor ia definatly better since it causes less eye strain and eye fatigue than a regular CRT monitor. Plus there is not much price difference between hem now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom