Which one is better on eyes? CRT or LCD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

din

Tribal Boy
Very good explanation Goobi, sure it will help people who are confused between CRT n LCD.

LOL, I admit I am a n00b. But as the USB ports are in monitor, I thought it has to do something with the monitor itself, like some external TV Tunor card connection or something that is specific for monitor, that is why I was confused :oops:

@narangz

No, mine was different model.

Last edited:

din

Tribal Boy
@narangz

Ask some feedback from people using DELL. As far as I know their products are always good (like laptop etc), but no personal experience yet :(

goobimama

 Macboy
I'm using a Dell 2407wfp. Superb piece. Gets a little hot, but then again, not affecting me in any way. Their warranty support is also really good. Build quality is lacking, but only compared to Apple.

Hot = I could fry an egg on it during summer months.

din

Tribal Boy
@goobimama

Bought it recently ? Like this year ? Does it carry the famous tag ? lol. I mean made in PRC.

goobimama

 Macboy
Gonna be... two years in September I think. Could be one year I'm not sure. (I think it's two years). Not sure what the famous tag is.

din

Tribal Boy
Made in PRC - People's Republic Of China

Also, have a look (this is a link to my blog, yes, I am spamming here lol) - The made in china tag - I am worried

OP
narangz

narangz

Web developer
@narangz

Ask some feedback from people using DELL. As far as I know their products are always good (like laptop etc), but no personal experience yet :(

Even I don't have any experience with Dell. Heard a lot about it's quality.

I'm using a Dell 2407wfp. Superb piece. Gets a little hot, but then again, not affecting me in any way. Their warranty support is also really good. Build quality is lacking, but only compared to Apple.

Hot = I could fry an egg on it during summer months.

Can ya send me some fried eggs? :D

That thing comes for a whopping Rs.49,573!!! :eek: How much did it cost ya?

Made in PRC - People's Republic Of China

Also, have a look (this is a link to my blog, yes, I am spamming here lol) - The made in china tag - I am worried

Every product is from China :| The one Milind has might be of superior quality than the ones available now.

----------------

Viewsonic- Rs. 10100:
*accessories.us.dell.com/sna/products/Displays/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=A0745805

Dell SE198WP- Rs. 9500:
*accessories.us.dell.com/sna/products/Displays/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=S198WP4

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I am using Dell 198WFP and it's a superb performer and also Digit Zero1 award winner early this year :)

The color reproduction and contrast is superb.

goobimama

 Macboy
That thing comes for a whopping Rs.49,573!!! How much did it cost ya?
Cost me 42k two years ago. The new one though has much better colour reproduction than the 2407. And they also have a low end model for the 24 inch costing 24k or something.

And yeah, almost everything is made in china. Even my iMac, iPhone, external hard drive and the Pen tablet. For all I know, even Small Cat was somehow manufactured in China (you never know, that cat is a little too soft to be an Indian cat)

Last edited:

ancientrites

In the zone
^^^^ Get Sun 21" Flat CRT. It's just brilliant but alas, It makes my eyes burn.

PS: it's almost impossible to get 21" CRT now.

thanx desiibond.i even checked the model number and its still available in Gulf countries Sun GDM5410 Sony Flat Display Monitor.Its old model still brilliant enough.I think i will go for this or some chinese model

din

Tribal Boy
@ancientrites

Sorry for asking, but curious - why going for a CRT ? I mean LCD has less / no radiation, less power usage, less / no eye strain etc - still prefer CRT ? Any advantages ?

goobimama

 Macboy
^^ If a gunman comes along to your place, you can always smash a CRT on his head. An LCD won't do much damage in a similar situation. Also, when you run out of money to pay for gym fees, you can always lift the CRT, but with LCD, well let's just leave it at that. I can think of so many other advantages of CRTs over LCDs…

OP
narangz

narangz

Web developer
Cost me 42k two years ago. The new one though has much better colour reproduction than the 2407. And they also have a low end model for the 24 inch costing 24k or something.

And yeah, almost everything is made in china. Even my iMac, iPhone, external hard drive and the Pen tablet. For all I know, even Small Cat was somehow manufactured in China (you never know, that cat is a little too soft to be an Indian cat)

Small cat made in China? :D Come on that quality can't be produced in China. It might be a Japanese/German product. :p

I am using Dell 198WFP and it's a superb performer and also Digit Zero1 award winner early this year :)

The color reproduction and contrast is superb.

Well guess that's the only option. How's text & graphics? Can you post some pictures, want to see some real pictures.

^^ If a gunman comes along to your place, you can always smash a CRT on his head. An LCD won't do much damage in a similar situation. Also, when you run out of money to pay for gym fees, you can always lift the CRT, but with LCD, well let's just leave it at that. I can think of so many other advantages of CRTs over LCDs…

:lol:

ancientrites

In the zone
@ancientrites

Sorry for asking, but curious - why going for a CRT ? I mean LCD has less / no radiation, less power usage, less / no eye strain etc - still prefer CRT ? Any advantages ?

i dont know bro..may be color purity and contrast.even today few graphic designers still use 21 inch crt flat monitor.but i am not graphic designer.majority of my friends own lcd monitors but one of them has imported 22 inch crt flat monitor crysis game looked stunning impressed me lot.i am basically a tradition guy and i like heavy objects heheh..more heavy they are more i like it.this is funny Some times i get a fear like suppose i own lcd monitor and what if cat jumps over it and lcd falls back heheheh....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom