WHICH IS UR MOST FAVOURITE DISTRO & WHY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Well mediator if you really wanna try out new distros and wanna do them as you like go for gentoo. Just follow it's documentation by word. And you will be able to go easily with that and have a distro of your liking. And if you get stuck you have people here as well as in Gentoo Forums to help you out.

mediator

Technomancer
Ok thanx guys.....I think i'm gonna have a last try with SUSE...and ethernet problem i think thats a minor one! neways knoppix is real good too!

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
Well, my first try was slackware.....i liked it...but then since i got XP on WINDOWS side, i almost stopped using it..and uninstalled it. Now i m trying to get FC5. But from all that i've read abt linux distros, GENTOO seems to be my fav. in terms of configurability.

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
Mine is Debian... Since it totallt free no Enterprise version and its huge package repository.Second is Ubuntu because it contains only open software ...

blackpearl

The Devil
Worked out the DSL problem on Suse. Suse 10 is amazing!! Just try it.
Hundreds of bundled packages. You wont have to install any more. And YaST control centre is just too good!!! :)

hafees

In the zone
I like Ubuntu, Suse, the small DSL.
I love Ubuntu coz it is freely available, SUSE coz it is a complete alternative to Windows, and DSL as it is a distro for every linux lover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom