Which is the best BSNL brodband Plan for downloading heavy files??

asifwannachat

Right off the assembly line
Dear sir,
I am a newby to BSNL brodband I want to download heavy files like mivies, oc games, songs etc. i want a plan in which i can download unlimited but it should be in budget the lowest unlimited plan.

Plsssss help!!:-(

Rajesh345

Youngling
i suggest 750UL , u dont have to worry about timeing download at Night

UL 750+ plan = Ulimited
60KBps (512kbps)
no limit

manujohn

Journeyman
Hey, treat everyone in TDF as your friends...no need to call them as sirs.
For your qstn, another option is 499UL plan, which is the cheapest unlimited plan from BSNL. But dont know about its speed and also it's not a combo plan. So you have to pay the regular monthly rent and usage charges in addition.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Welcome to TDF :)

No Sir's from now on ok :D

Now, as for your query, I too suggest to go for 750UL, it's true UL with 512kbps, so generally we get 58-60kBps on avg. which is good.

Rajesh345

Youngling
Hey, treat everyone in TDF as your friends...no need to call them as sirs.
For your qstn, another option is 499UL plan, which is the cheapest unlimited plan from BSNL. But dont know about its speed and also it's not a combo plan. So you have to pay the regular monthly rent and usage charges in addition.

UL 499 gives
speed 256 Kbps

Rs 499

.:Unlimited Home Only:.

UL 499 = 256 Kbps = 30 Download speed
UL 750 = 512 Kbps = 60 Download speed .

Decide how much you want to spend every month .

PS : Add taxes to 499 and 750 .

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
I would suggest you go with the 500 combo plan

Advantages:
1. 2mbps (256kBps) speed connection
2. 1.5 GB free usage
3. night unlimited from 2 am to 8 am
4. no additional telephone rent
5. 175 free calls
6. Low electricity consumption
7. You can download the same amount of data as 750 UL

(explanation- if you download 24 hours under 750 UL then at the maximum speed what you will get is 24X60X60X64 kB = 5529600 kB = 5400 MB

with 6 hour night unlimited you gets 6X60X60X256 = 5529600 kB = 5400 MB

These are theoretical values and the actual data you can download will always be lesser as the download speeds are always less than 64 kBps and 256 kBps respectively.)

So if you want to download huge files then night unlimited is best as it reduces electricity cost.

Advantages:
2. 1.5 GB free usage
5. 175 free calls

(explanation- if you download 24 hours under 750 UL then at the maximum speed what you will get is 24X60X60X64 kB = 5529600 kB = 5400 MB

These are theoretical values and the actual data you can download will always be lesser as the download speeds are always less than 64 kBps and 256 kBps respectively.)

So if you want to download huge files then night unlimited is best as it reduces electricity cost.

Quite true actually , Then there is another quesiton to be asked is that , Will you want to download something in the afternoon , Something that cannot wait !

It is the OP who needs to decide on his requirements !

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@asifwannachat:internet plan depends on how much budget u have?
for heavy usage of download look for plans >= 512KBps

if u have 1k to spare on internet every month then opt for 1Mbps speed..
& let me tell u dat if use a 2Mbps or 4Mbps speed then u will hate t o wait on 512kBps or 1Mbps speed :grin:

No Sir's from now on ok :D

otherwise rs100 fine :lol:

noja

Bang! Bang!

Advantages:
2. 1.5 GB free usage
5. 175 free calls

That's a good logic but it is not applicable in the real world. You see, downloaders normally spend more time in surfing/browsing for stuff. this is sometimes a very annoying thing (when searching for that rare piece of ....) Once found, you will want to download it asap! right! but you can't cause you don't wanna cross your day time limit!
Just my opinion, situation in the real world does change from time to time. The OP can look into Airtel Plans too. they have very good speed and customer support with very good FUP.
I had day 512, night 1MB with 70GB FUP(fair usage policy) for 1100k during the time of july2009 to may2010. After I cut my connection they changed their plan to 2MB full time for 1200k

tejaslok

Journeyman
yea, go for UL750 or 750 rupees plans it works pretty good or with 500C+ which has night UL but be carefull if just 2 hours of xtra downloads can cost u 1.4 GB of data usage that's pretty high if u used during day time !

newway01

Journeyman
Which city you are from? Check if Wimax is feasible for you. Here in my state (Kerala) Bsnl Wimax offers 2mbps unlimited (no FUP) broadband at 750rs per month with an option to rent wimax device..I'm using it and will recommend it to anyone. Me getting download speeds in the range of 200-280KBps.

So Ask for a demo at your place :)

Rajesh345

Youngling
Which city you are from? Check if Wimax is feasible for you. Here in my state (Kerala) Bsnl Wimax offers 2mbps unlimited (no FUP) broadband at 750rs per month with an option to rent wimax device..I'm using it and will recommend it to anyone. Me getting download speeds in the range of 200-280KBps.

So Ask for a demo at your place :)

bsnl website is saying 512Kbps (60KBps) weired

Code:
*www.bsnl.co.in/service/wimax/wimax_homepage.htm

newway01

Journeyman
bsnl website is saying 512Kbps (60KBps) weired

Code:
*www.bsnl.co.in/service/wimax/wimax_homepage.htm

Thats what concerned me before taking connection. But whats written there is wrong for Kerala circle..According to them, one time deposit for indoor CPE is around 2000rs. But when I took connection, it was only 750 rs deposit and monthly rental 40rs..:)

For Kerala, bsnl wimax provides 2 plans - one under rs.400 with limited usage and one unlimited usage for 750rs..Its amazing that both plans have 2mbps speed :p

As its BSNL,they over delivers. they say 512 kbps and users getting 2mbps+. Compare that to a stupid photon+ where they say 3.1mbps speed and users will be lucky if they get atleast 512kbps..thats the difference..

So if you are from Kerala, you are lucky. For OP, he can ask for a Wimax demo at his place so that he can check speed and then enquire about tariff..

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
Thats what concerned me before taking connection. But whats written there is wrong for Kerala circle..According to them, one time deposit for indoor CPE is around 2000rs. But when I took connection, it was only 750 rs deposit and monthly rental 40rs..:)

For Kerala, bsnl wimax provides 2 plans - one under rs.400 with limited usage and one unlimited usage for 750rs..Its amazing that both plans have 2mbps speed :p

As its BSNL,they over delivers. they say 512 kbps and users getting 2mbps+. Compare that to a stupid photon+ where they say 3.1mbps speed and users will be lucky if they get atleast 512kbps..thats the difference..

So if you are from Kerala, you are lucky. For OP, he can ask for a Wimax demo at his place so that he can check speed and then enquire about tariff..

Is wimax available at all exchanges or just big cities in kerala?

Top Bottom