Which is the best BSNL brodband Plan for downloading heavy files??

newway01

Journeyman
^^^ I am not sure about that though. It depends on the availability of wimax tower in your area. Which city/town you're from? Check this:

*img195.imageshack.us/img195/3512/wimaxcontact.png

They provide demo at ur place. so you can check if speeds are good. Again it depends on proximity to tower and number of users sharing the bandwidth. For me, nearest wimax tower is like 1kms away, so getting good speeds now.

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
thanks. I am from thodupuzha working at painavu.

Edit: Wimax currently not available in idukki.

*www.kerala.bsnl.co.in/Wimax/WIHom.asp

Last edited:

akuma

Right off the assembly line
It really depends upon number of seeders and leechers. Too man leechers = loss in speed

i have noticed that if the swarm contains leachers who throttle there upstream then you get horrid speeds.

on the other hand if you have leechers who hit and run a torrent then you end up with a dead torrent..

but for the above mentioned cases i have noticed that more the leechers, faster speeds..

sanithkk81

Broken In
500C is the best if you're an average browser including video streaming. Using automatic PC shutdown software you can download stuffs from morning 2 to 8 and it also gives you 175 free calls. I am having this plan and I am able to download 2 movies of 700mb size from morning 5 to 8. Even downloading speed is also nice around 170kpbs-190kpbs(when seeds>leechers). If you don't use land line for calls and require heavy downloading go for 750 plan but speed will be compromised

sujoyp

Grand Master
BSNL 500C and 600C are the best for downloads....u can download around 4GB at night and power consumption also will be in control.

TheMost

Simply.. Evolution !!
Nowadays people have started to throttle the bandwidth !
So take care of that too !

I have a Rs 1000 plan and Download around 14GB a day .....
After around a few hours my speeds drop to 74 ..

So after a long period of research found the right one for my plan
No go for utorrent ( superb Cilent - But encryption isn't so impressive )

Went to Vuze --> Full stream encryption --> and antithrottle plugin installed and working

( Now i hardly use torrents )
( I Download Torrents via HTTP )

R2K

In the Zone
^^
how do u do that (torrents via HTTP)
And how on Gods green earth did u manage to download 14 GB in a single day:D:D

And to those 24/7 downloaders and 500C users:D
How can you sleep peacefully while you keep your PC on download at night esp in this rainy season....A thunderstorm can screw your modem and PC connected to it in no time
When you wake up in the morning ,most probably you would be greeted with a f**ked up modem and a burned motherboard:D

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
@R2K....ooh I never thought about that...but My PC is now 7 years OLD and have lots of exp in rainy season downloads:razz:

Thanks for the info

R2K

In the Zone
@R2K....ooh I never thought about that...but My PC is now 7 years OLD and have lots of exp in rainy season downloads:razz:

Thanks for the info

LOL...You must be really lucky then :D:D
I am wasting like 30GB / month just because i shutdown my machines at night:D....But its not worth a burned motherboard and literally kissing the a$$ of B$NL to replace the modem incase it gets screwed

2mbps for 15hrs = 14GB :D

But which ISP is providing 2mbps conn. for Rs 1000?

Last edited:

TheMost

Simply.. Evolution !!
LOL...You must be really then :D:D
I am wasting like 30GB / month just because i shutdown my machines at night:D....But its not worth a burned motherboard and literally kissing the a$$ of B$NL to replace the modem incase it gets screwed

But which ISP is providing 2mbps conn. for Rs 1000?

I am Paying Rs.1000
Phone + Broadband

Speed info here :
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/software-q/141276-poll-how-far-bitcomet-good.html

Latest ones :
*www.speedtest.net/result/1343643249.png

Night Double the speed ( see above link )

You calculate !
Obviously you might even get more than 14 !

^^
how do u do that (torrents via HTTP)
And how on Gods green earth did u manage to download 14 GB in a single day:D:D

There are certain days where i Did Download 21GB

Last edited:

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
Airtel has a 1mbps/2mbps night plan for 1000. That too unlimited. Where? I want.
Reliance has this exact plan for 1499. I would get it but their CC is worse than BSNL.

Top Bottom