Which Bike ... Stunner or FZ16

Status
Not open for further replies.

utsav

damn busy...
How much BHP does the F16 offer? RPM? Torque? I do NOT think it is overpriced.. R15 is 150 cc as well, there are other thing rather than cc.

Can anyone exactly tell me the significance of all the terms like Torque, etc.. all those bike/car terminologies.. Any good online reference? Aint through with some of the particulars. :neutral:

And R15 is a bike selling like hot cakes here.. Is it manufactured by Yamaha India? The Indian fork never made such cool bikes.. :confused:

well. torque is also known as turning effect and more the torque more will be acceleration of the bike (or car whatever it is) at lower RPM even with higher gears like 4th and 5th without the jerks and chain snatch .

BHP(Brake Horse Power) is also known as power which the engine can generate and it determines the max speed and acceleration of the bike
Some vehicle manufacturers mention power of the engine as Kw (kilowatt) .

1 BHP = 0.746Kw

so 14 BHP of FZ-16 will be 10.44Kw

RI5 is 150cc but it generates 17BHP of power while FZ16 generates 14BHP .

the thing that is done is to change the cam timings and tune the gears and crankshaft of the engine to generate more power(BHP) or Torque (nm) on the expense of fuel economy.

i think no need of online reference now :D

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
utsav said:
well. torque is also known as turning effect and more the torque more will be acceleration of the bike (or car whatever it is) at lower RPM even with higher gears like 4th and 5th without the jerks and chain snatch .
Why does one need to accelerate with higher gears that too @ Low RPM?? One would gradually shift to higher gears when the adequate RPM is reached.. Isnt it?

utsav said:
BHP(Brake Horse Power) is also known as power which the engine can generate and it determines the max speed and acceleration of the bike
Some vehicle manufacturers mention power of the engine as Kw (kilowatt) .
I know the HP=> kW conversion factor.. :p But still did not get how BHP determines BOTH speed and acceleration..

utsav said:
RI5 is 150cc but it generates 17BHP of power while FZ16 generates 14BHP.
Pre-release reports said R15 to generate 20 BHP @ xyz RPM.. 17 BHP would be same as Karizma.. :? And FZ16 is more powerful than Pulsar 180cc that means..

Whats the significane of CC? It is the max. amount of air-fuel that can be pumped into the engine at a time isnt it?
They say that the life of an engine will be less if BHP is increased while CC is kept low. Like that of R15?

utsav said:
the thing that is done is to change the cam timings and tune the gears and crankshaft of the engine to generate more power(BHP) or Torque (nm) on the expense of fuel economy.
This line makes me feel that I NEED an online reference. :(

OP
harryneopotter

harryneopotter

Padawan
@utsav : thanx for insightful info:)

i dnt understand y u ppl saying that FZ16 is overpriced .... U cant judge a bike only by its engine capacity i.e. all 150 CC bikes shld be in this price bracket and all that ... i agree that FZ16 is a 150 CC bike .. but still its top speed is greater than P180,P200 and even new Karizma .... FZ16 tops at 135-140 ( as i have read in online user reviews) and Karizma at 125-135 (same source) .... and the looks, handling, riding comfort, staring eyes with gaping mouths ..there are added Bonus :D:D:D

@ironman: forward me the link if u do find the online reference :D

utsav

damn busy...
Why does one need to accelerate with higher gears that too @ Low RPM?? One would gradually shift to higher gears when the adequate RPM is reached.. Isnt it?

dude when u drive for long durations in heavy traffic then even shifting gears is a pain in a$$ (oops i mean foot :D) .try to ride a low torque bike in heavy traffic . u will get tired soon shifting the gears and pressing the clutch lever again and again which u wont face wid high torque bikes

Whats the significane of CC? It is the max. amount of air-fuel that can be pumped into the engine at a time isnt it?
They say that the life of an engine will be less if BHP is increased while CC is kept low. Like that of R15?

yup 150cc means 150cc of air + fuel mixture will be entering the combustion chamber in a single combustion cycle .

150cc engines can produce much more power :p R15's engine life aint small. a test was conducted in yamaha test lab where the engine of R15 was run at full RPM and it ceased after a continuous run of just over 400 hours which proves the reliablility of its engine. R15 is a race bred bike (but not a racing bike) and it needs to be reliable coz its made for common people to ride on streets and not racetrack by racers :D:p

IronManForever

utsav said:
dude when u drive for long durations in heavy traffic then even shifting gears is a pain in a$$ (oops i mean foot ) .try to ride a low torque bike in heavy traffic . u will get tired soon shifting the gears and pressing the clutch lever again and again which u wont face wid high torque bikes

Any good example of a low torque bike, which is common.. ? Splendor, etc are understandable. But any new bike with shamefully low torque for its other specs?

Anyways thatnks for all that man. :) I impressed by FZ16 so much that I may buy it at some point of time. Currently have Yamaha YBX 2000 Model.

utsav

damn busy...
^^ Karizma goes till 140..

no dude. its 125Kmph measured using vbox 2 racelogic device which gives accurate speeds.it uses GPS for speed measurement .

P180 goes to 128Kmph

R15 is 145Kmph

initial accelaration of karizma is high but it loses out to R15 after 75- 80kmph The speedometer of every bike gives errors by 5 to 10Kmph and sometimes 120 :D once i even saw a bike running at 10kmph showing 130Kmph on speedo :D .Remember even digital speedos of pulsars, apache ,R15 and FZ16 too do give errors.

IronManForever

^^ Oh.. A guy in school had one. And I dont think he'd lie about it. Maybe it was the same error factor which caused the speedometer to say 140? :confused:

And my my, pulsar's engine seems pretty efficient.. My friend who has a 220 said the max he could get was 130.. Maybe some error?

And Finally the main question; Whats the top end of FZ16? Around 125 na?

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
torque=pulling power/capacity of a vehocle to pull certaibload.

ride a splendour(100cc bike), with a fat pillion:p, that bike will struggle to pull, try the same on 150cc (i.e., more torque) bike, it pulls efforltlessly, even in 2nd gear from standstill.

this is why, suv's/trucks... use diesel engine, even tho they give much less pwr output, it gives more torque than petrol counterpart...

the high torque in fz16 will translate into more whellies:p, nothing more.

i'd still say fz16 is overpriced & that overpricing is not justified.:|

ybx??? its a pain in arse just to start that bike:lol: (rode only once in coll.)

amritpal2489

In the zone
Man Go For FZ 16... I got mine just 3 days back... And... M Addicted.. Driven 261 kms in 3 days.. Will you believe it????
Its a joy to ride that Lord Of The Streets.....
Just one drawback... Average... 35 kmpl...

OP
harryneopotter

harryneopotter

Padawan
hmmm ... but my friend who has FZ16 is saying that he is getting 45-50 KMPL ....

@Vivek ..
Just showed them some Pics and some special features Like "Wide tyre means more balance and less skidding, Tubeless tyres, World class quality, less maintainance, YAMAHA's trusted engine and gearbox .....and stuff like that ...

IronManForever

IronManForever said:
I impressed by FZ16 so much that I may buy it at some point of time. Currently have Yamaha YBX 2000 Model.
s18000rpm said:
ybx??? its a pain in arse just to start that bike (rode only once in coll.)
Strange. I find it easier to start than many bikes like Splendor. When the bike was bought by my dad it was just a tad expensive than Splendour and much more performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom