What you Did to your Super L key(window key)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Most keyborads have a windows key in them, but in linux this key lies unmapped who what you guys did to your windows key post your innovative ideas

i made it as a luncher to linux's core the mighty terminal:p

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
I used to map Super_L to nautilus and Super_R to lock screen. But, now-a-days I use fluxbox and don't use either of those things.

anantkhaitan

Burning Bright
Super worked for me to launch gnome-terminal and Super_R for xrefresh.. but now its not working .. so using Alt key as a alternative

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Wow. ratpoison. I tried it for 10 mins and decided to try it some other time. When will that come, no one knows :p

Sykora

I see right through you.
Frankly speaking, all it takes to hate ratpoison is 10 minutes. It takes another week or so after that to love it. But it does make you lonesome for eyecandy.

And for some reason, I don't have a Super_R, only a Super_L.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
New Windows based keyboards only have one Super button for some reason. Looks like no one ever uses them much, even on Windows. :p

praka123

left this forum longback
In Windows,it shud have been better if that is shortcut fur 3-finger salute (CTRL+ALT+DEL) ;)

ChaiTan3

GTK+ programmer
This is a good joke:

Eventually, Bill dies and Satan is there to greet him. “Welcome Mr. Gates, we’ve been waiting for you. This will be your home for all eternity. You’ve been selfish, greedy and a big liar all your life. Now, since you’ve got me in a good mood, I’ll be generous and give you a choice of three places in which you’ll be locked up forever.”

Satan takes Bill to a huge lake of fire in which millions of poor souls are tormented and tortured.

He then takes him to a massive coliseum where thousands of people are chased about and devoured by starving lions.

Finally, he takes Bill to a tiny room in which is almost empty but for a small computer.

Without hesitation, Bill says “I’ll take this option.”

“Fine,” says Satan, allowing Bill to enter the room. Satan locks the room after Bill. As he turns around, he bumps into Lucifer.

“That was Bill Gates!” cried Lucifer. “Why did you give him the best place of all!”

“That’s what everyone thinks” snickered Satan. “The PC’s got Windows XP!” laughed Satan. “And it’s missing three keys,”

“Which three?”

“Control, Alt and Delete.”

praka123

left this forum longback
It seems difficult to set key assignments in Xorg other than DE(GNOME or kde) keyboard pereferences.u have to map the o/p of the key from "xev" and then do a script ..hmm..hope things are simpler :)

Sykora

I see right through you.
@praka : It doesn't work for some keys on some keyboards. But for keys like super, and the other 'normal' keys (non-multimedia), it does work. And it certainly makes the process a lot easier. The only limitation I see is that it can only associate keys to shell commands. That's fine for those of us who live by the console anyway, but for others, maybe not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom