What the **** is going on with BSNL BB?

sygeek

Technomancer
@Sygeek: Well tbh, on normal times, I haven't had faced problems all day, but only on weekends, Sat and Sun. Mon to Fri the connection works 'pretty much' fine.

@Mario: Best of luck to you for going to BSNL office in advance. The last time I went to their office was to pay out land line bill, some years back. I will NEVER go to their office, I hate to see their faces, I really mean it.
It's not everyday, but it's not very rare either. Overall, a pretty shitty service.

I will marry a hot Palestinian girl and move to Europe with her. Will have a far more awesome life that way. #ResolutionofmyLife

**** you BSNL. **** you Indian internet.

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
@Sygeek: Well tbh, on normal times, I haven't had faced problems all day, but only on weekends, Sat and Sun. Mon to Fri the connection works 'pretty much' fine.

@Mario: Best of luck to you for going to BSNL office in advance. The last time I went to their office was to pay out land line bill, some years back. I will NEVER go to their office, I hate to see their faces, I really mean it.

I know it would be for nothing, but if I am venting frustration online, why not vent some of it offline at some folks! <insert evil grin here>

I will marry a hot Palestinian girl and move to Europe with her. Will have a far more awesome life that way. #ResolutionofmyLife

**** you BSNL. **** you Indian internet.

Marry hot Palestinian (invite me) but move to Kansas! 1gbps FTW!

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Even after making a few trips to the exchange it hasn't fixed my disconnected line.
Lineman get paid regardless they do work or not. They're least bothered.

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
and I thought I was the only one with this problem . Thank god I found this thread , BTW my speed dont go back to normal in early morning (after 1 AM), they remain same 24 hrs .

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Looks like pings are back to worse again (228ms to 8.8.8.8) .... man those BSNL f**kers do this s**t EVERYDAY.... can't play online .... can't stream s**t... can't do squat.... fuccccccccccccccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk..... :x :x :x :x :pullhair: :pullhair: :banghead: :banghead:

On top of that some motherf**kers went and cut off the trans-continental cables.... and on top of that... yesterday also witnessed the biggest cyber-attack in the history in Internet.... global data-rate slowdown.... I wonder if those two incidents are related... sure seem to have come at a brilliant f**king moment of time.... :x
Gaurav I completely endorse and justify your rage...
We are living in an insipid country with the working(well to do & middle class)earning (standard earning)population seems to be ignorant about Internet matters,even being so called literate or educated.Seems that people are very very fu**i*g SATISFIED with a glass of Lassi than Cream Lassi or milk.Means we are not concerned or cared about QUALITY but how much QUANTITY or FREE service we could get,despite COMPROMISE in service.I mean to say,that even simple Tech. knowing people doesn't seem to care about speeds or internet related issues.Even a speed of 32kbps is seen as a FAST Internet speed to many if not all.This is our tragedy.

Just look about 2G/3G scams and scandals,are we too much bothered or concerned about the scam???NEVER. It is for our dull,inactivity,selfishness,backtracking,back-saving,non-unity amongst us the population of India,that the so called convicts get's SCOTT FREE and thrives beyond the realms of LAW.

The % of Broadband users in India is really low . I guess majority of them are really happy that they get even 256kbps .

Nation-wide impact ? - Chances are low .
+1,well said friend Azad. I am synchronized with your thoughts...

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
Update on undersea cable: Rerouting has been established through another cable operator via trans-atlantic traffic route, so some users (BSNL/other ISP) will get better pings, lower latencies, normal service soon (barring those with local problems). Please report here if you are one of those lucky ones.

There is no declared/official turn-around-time on the main cable itself. :sad: But yeah, it is "work in progress" (and not the recorded "work is still in progress" BSNL crap message)

sygeek

Technomancer
All Indian sites and Google services are working. I tried to get a free VPN (they have an Indian VPN server) to bypass this but I can't even access their site.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
[STRIKE]Can anyone test this image, this seems to be an Australian site, but it opened with full speed!
*cdn.cnet.com.au/story_media/339312665/DSC_0039.JPG[/STRIKE]
PS: Ahh, never mind, those night dreams are back, everything is opening fine! Hope this night stays forever.

Last edited:
[STRIKE]Can anyone test this image, this seems to be an Australian site, but it opened with full speed!
PS: Ahh, never mind, those night dreams are back, everything is opening fine! Hope this night stays forever.

Image loading fine for me.

Only sites hosted in EU and US (and basically everything west of India) won't be loading properly.... Australia is fine.... Diablo 3 Asia is opening perfectly while the US and EU sites are not at all....

EDIT: The re-routing thingy hasn't changed anything on my end... so I'm not one those lucky ones....

Facebook still pinging at 720-780ms.... around 26% packet loss per 100 pings.

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz

Image loading at full speed for me too, tested just now!

pratyush997

Inactive
Ain't loading for me!
FB and XDA randomly works! :|

Vignesh B

Youngling
All Indian sites and Google services are working.
Same here.

Update on undersea cable: Rerouting has been established through another cable operator via trans-atlantic traffic route, so some users (BSNL/other ISP) will get better pings, lower latencies, normal service soon (barring those with local problems). Please report here if you are one of those lucky ones.

There is no declared/official turn-around-time on the main cable itself. :sad: But yeah, it is "work in progress" (and not the recorded "work is still in progress" BSNL crap message)
AM 50-50 lucky! Sometimes, it is working great(speed hikes to around 2Mbps. PS I have crossed the FUP and the speed should be 512kbps). But say, after half an hour, it is going to a crawl. Websites won't even open including Google services and Indian websites.

Ain't loading for me!
FB and XDA randomly works! :|
Ditto here. No stability, at once it works but at other time it is not at all opening. :|

Top Bottom