What the **** is going on with BSNL BB?

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
No. Not fixed.

And once again, like clockwork, BSNL is throttling me. 200+ms to 8.8.8.8. :x :x :x

And what the hell is SEACOM doing? This is a global issue and it's still not fixed. WTF? :evil: :x :muttering: :muttering:

But our Kolkata/Calcutta(Dum Dum BSNL Exchange) has normalised once again.
I am into ULD950 Plan(Rs.50/-, incremented by BSNL and service decremented...)
My Download speeds are 512kbps,since I have already moved beyond the 8GB FUP limit(speeds 4Mbps till then)...

I think you better contact your local exchange (even if nothing happens,just a try) by Phone.

Hey,Brother why don't you knock the Uttarpara Local BSNL office for once?At least see what their replies are.How much time they will take to resolve the issue.

May be you have some worst experience with BSNL at Local Office(Exchange),but still a try from your part.

Good Luck Bro.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Hey,Brother why don't you knock the Uttarpara Local BSNL office for once?At least see what their replies are.How much time they will take to resolve the issue.

May be you have some worst experience with BSNL at Local Office(Exchange),but still a try from your part.

Good Luck Bro.
I don't wanna see their dumb faces, that's all. Besides, if I ask them they'll come to my house, but then again I'll have to stay inside a room to not see their faces. Why all these one might ask? Well, previous experience.
Glad to know your connection is normalised again though. If anyone else noticing same do post here.

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
But our Kolkata/Calcutta(Dum Dum BSNL Exchange) has normalised once again.
I am into ULD950 Plan(Rs.50/-, incremented by BSNL and service decremented...)
My Download speeds are 512kbps,since I have already moved beyond the 8GB FUP limit(speeds 4Mbps till then)...

Happy for you! But keep checking at regular intervals (as per your convenience, of course) and report back if it degrades again!
My connection "normalized" :D yesterday and today back to usual crap! :x

kg11sgbg

^^Thanks Mario for the advice.
I am presently downloading 662 packages (through Software management,under YAST) into openSUSE-12.3(64-bit).

Speeds shown while packages are being downloaded is: 66.3kB/s on average. Though the value is changing continuously,and for multi-sites open(I am writing this from Google Chrome...)the value is sometimes shown as 34.7kB/s...

This is the present/current rather latest scenario.

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
^^Thanks Mario for the advice.
I am presently downloading 662 packages (through Software management,under YAST) into openSUSE-12.3(64-bit).

Speeds shown while packages are being downloaded is: 66.3kB/s on average. Though the value is changing continuously,and for multi-sites open(I am writing this from Google Chrome...)the value is sometimes shown as 34.7kB/s...

This is the present/current rather latest scenario.

Great. Yesterday I downloaded a hotfix for an application - 414 mb downloaded in an hour (~). Today Windows Update (on a notebook) tried to download an update of size 405 kb - took 2.5 hours to complete! :D

pratyush997

Inactive
Trollers of the Q1, 2013
Egypt catches divers cutting internet cable | MinnPost

BTW Security kiss VPN seems better!
300 MB per day!

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Overall today was the most horrible day for me, just couldn't download anything, suddenly I am seeing spikes up to 300 KB/s! Is there anything coming for us? No no, I am definitely dreaming!
The downloading site was fliewinds.com.

*img826.imageshack.us/img826/9884/jeez.jpg

kg11sgbg

^^ Hopefully but Positively....

From Tomorrow onwards,again 4Mbps till 8GB(FUP) then 512 Kbps...again HOPE...

Vignesh B

Youngling
This is my fourth spike of the month! Am getting speeds around 2 Mbps(8 GB FUP has been crossed long ago).
Perhaps BSNL is compensating for the horror of the past one week :p

Top Bottom