What the **** is going on with BSNL BB?

probuddha

Broken In
BSNL broadband working much better today after almost a month...hope the cable cut has been restored and it stays this way.

How is it working for you guys?

Sainatarajan

Wise Old Owl
Guys help me. I am thinking of choosing the 800 ULD plan from BSNL . Is it wise to go with BSNL ? I live in Chennai.... Airtel seems too costly...

Vignesh B

Youngling
Guys help me. I am thinking of choosing the 800 ULD plan from BSNL . Is it wise to go with BSNL ? I live in Chennai.... Airtel seems too costly...
After seeing a 12-page, 1.5 months long rant against BSNL thread, do you still think worth going with it?
Its more of a hit and miss case, if it works as advertised, it is great, otherwise it is equivalent of being in hell. :p
OT : I thought MTNL is for metro cities. You don't have MTNL in Chennai?

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
After seeing a 12-page, 1.5 months long rant against BSNL thread, do you still think worth going with it?
Its more of a hit and miss case, if it works as advertised, it is great, otherwise it is equivalent of being in hell. :p

Metro Cities according to MTNL = Mumbai & Delhi(Kolkata and Chennai are Small towns i guess :lol: :grin: :rofl:)

Arnab

Scattered in Quantum
Same here,
Still Troubled with BSNL- its like 22 days since the cable cut happened and still they are mending?

God Knows what I will do. I dont have Airtel Available in my area , not even MeghBala , Only Reliance and Siticable.

Reliance Pings are very bad ,On SITI cable dont have any idea....

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
+1 a wise user once said - "jab yeh chalta hai to isse achchha kuchh nahin hai." (when it works nothing like it) and i immediately asked - "JAB" and he said - YES :D

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
hey guys we should create a poll of worst broadband in india and send a link of result to bsnl ..........

btw how are ur pings...... i get like 400 ms pings

shreymittal

Being Human
Jisne bande fu(k word invent kiya hoga usne bhi itni baar fu(k ni bola hoga, jitna tumne bsnl ko boldiya
Fu(K Bsnl lol

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Well for last 3-4 days net is fine! It started from that little storm day, from then it's fine. I think little storms, thunderstorms and rain helps BSNL.
Idiots.

Arnab

Scattered in Quantum
LOL- i think they do .
They said all will be ok by 20th , and still no avail. Cant play game properly , cant stream properly.... Damn Man!

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Well you can do two things- switch to another ISP, which is not a very good idea or an option for both you and me, OR stick with BS-NL. If you already haven't done, call your local exchange and ask the number of the head of the BB guy (generally a 55+ dude!), and call him if net is slow. Call him every 2 or 3 day. At least I did that and now I see that my prolonged problem is solved!

Btw guys that selfcare site of theirs, I need the BB User Id, can't make new one, and there is none available, should I call CC and ask for it? And what is Portal Id? I would like to see my usage, just for fun though.

Sainatarajan

Wise Old Owl
Ok guys, Airtel Seems a bit costly. The unlimited plans start at 1k which is not affordable. Is there any other plan in Airtel which offers unlimited at max 0.7k to 0.8K. I dont care abt speeds . But speeds should be atleast 512 kbps.

Vignesh B

Youngling
Well you can do two things- switch to another ISP, which is not a very good idea or an option for both you and me, OR stick with BS-NL. If you already haven't done, call your local exchange and ask the number of the head of the BB guy (generally a 55+ dude!), and call him if net is slow. Call him every 2 or 3 day. At least I did that and now I see that my prolonged problem is solved!

Btw guys that selfcare site of theirs, I need the BB User Id, can't make new one, and there is none available, should I call CC and ask for it? And what is Portal Id? I would like to see my usage, just for fun though.
Yes, but probably they will make you go to the BSNL office to get it from there.
I don't think BSNL still uses Portal ID to track usage, only selfcare website is the way to go AFAIK. Another thing, their usage stats are "usually" erroneous during the start of the month. Another thing it updates only after a day.

shreymittal

Being Human
Ok guys, Airtel Seems a bit costly. The unlimited plans start at 1k which is not affordable. Is there any other plan in Airtel which offers unlimited at max 0.7k to 0.8K. I dont care abt speeds . But speeds should be atleast 512 kbps.

Huhh...I'm Xairtel user AFAIK there is no UL plans

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz

Use NetWorx to track usage! You want to find out your usage from "BSNL portal"? You want to find out your ID from BSNL CC? You are not satisfied with the amount of frustration they have happily given you til now? :lol:
Check the registration letter when you first got your BB - that should have portal ID and BB User ID, and they also send a text on first connection with these details - although I doubt you would still have that text!

sujeet2555

In the zone
for me ,speed was slow for 2-3 days when i heard news of cable cut happened .now it is normal after that except link failure due to frequent storm,rain .moreover i am getting speed of 200 kB/s from 20th april till now even-though i am way over 6GB fup.
*www.speedtest.net/result/2661640710.png

last day ping was better than today i-e 131 ms.
someday when i get slow browsing speed ,i check dns with dns benchmark and switchover to fastest one.

one question my modem is the black utstar one (first modem that bsnl used to give).
it shows *snag.gy/GanMo.jpg in homepage.is 2048kbps speed it show is the maximum speed the modem supports.if i want to take plans of above 2mbps ,do i have to change modem?

Last edited:

josin

In the zone
No you don't have to. Adsl 2+ modem can sustain up to 10+-2 Mbits usually. It's the Bsnl line quality that matters.
Ps: Bsnl modem's are worst performing one's I have ever seen. Better change to dlink or tp link

Top Bottom